Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Still around, just don't post here too much, but "Lurk" and learn more every day from those posting . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Well you've been missed... someone mentioned your absence in the new tootle puffer thread not too long ago, but no one had any idea.

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
No, I've never actually had a "job" doing anything computer-related, though I've made a tiny bit free-lance, setting up programs for people, teaching them to use their computer, and creating websites and website designs. I really started all this when my son was a year old and my brains were about to calcify from disuse; it was MS-DOS or soap operas, and MS-DOS was a great deal more interesting than anything on the tube. Given my history creating and running amateur BBSs, when I first saw the internet I was simply blown away, and just had to get my own piece of it. :D

But I really started ALL this geeking to illustrate to smug males everywhere that computer skills are not dependent on a Y chromosome. :D

Andria
I don't think your brain will ever be in danger of atrophying! I have barely even used a computer for e-mail. I read every chance I get and write music all the time. I never had a really good computer until we got this Dell about a year ago. I have had nothing but health issues and pure medical hell for so long that only now am I getting a break from so much travail.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
vape Suzette" data-source="post: 16731563" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Suzette said:
I don't think your brain will ever be in danger of atrophying! I have barely even used a computer for e-mail. I read every chance I get and write music all the time. I never had a really good computer until we got this Dell about a year ago. I have had nothing but health issues and pure medical hell for so long that only now am I getting a break from so much travail.

It actually came as a great shock to me, when I attended a small local "business school" when my son was a yr old, to carry a 4.0 GPA for 3 consecutive terms; I'd been out of high school (from which I graduated with a 2.3 GPA!) for 10 yrs at that point, and I was really afraid all the young folks were going to just walk all over me -- came to find out that most of them had no idea what a common denominator IS, nevermind how to get it or what to do with it when you get it, or why you need it in the first place! I'm crap at "math" but "business math," IOW, "high level arithmetic," was a piece of cake, even accounting, no sweat. Part of what I was paying for at that school was that first PC, and learned some of the basics, history, and even some GW-BASIC... but the real fun came at home, when I got hold of a really weighty tome called "DOS Power Tools" and made the acquaintance of batch files... :) Then got a 2400 modem and made the acquaintance of serial com and BBSs... :D DOS Power Tools helped as much as Prozac to pull me out of post-partum depression -- it literally saved my life.

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
It actually came as a great shock to me, when I attended a small local "business school" when my son was a yr old, to carry a 4.0 GPA for 3 consecutive terms; I'd been out of high school (from which I graduated with a 2.3 GPA!) for 10 yrs at that point, and I was really afraid all the young folks were going to just walk all over me -- came to find out that most of them had no idea what a common denominator IS, nevermind how to get it or what to do with it when you get it, or why you need it in the first place! I'm crap at "math" but "business math," IOW, "high level arithmetic," was a piece of cake, even accounting, no sweat. Part of what I was paying for at that school was that first PC, and learned some of the basics, history, and even some GW-BASIC... but the real fun came at home, when I got hold of a really weighty tome called "DOS Power Tools" and made the acquaintance of batch files... :) Then got a 2400 modem and made the acquaintance of serial com and BBSs... :D DOS Power Tools helped as much as Prozac to pull me out of post-partum depression -- it literally saved my life.

Andria
Go girl GO! You are an inspiration to me. I devoted all my mental prowess to composition and technique, but you are helping me realize that computers are within my grasp ... gasp!?! That blows me away. And you are not one of those condescending types that make people feel stupid. I appreciate that. I really, really do. At times, I have felt hopeless and overwhelmed. I keep track of 16 medications a day. It makes me nuts sometimes. And then my weekend mornings are never nice days when we can sleep in. It's a never ending blood lab world and one Lovenox bridge after another. If I were to spend my time distracting my mind with something exciting like computer language, it might help me cope with so many medical issues. Between music and computers I could really have fun! Thanks!

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
vape Suzette" data-source="post: 16731993" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Suzette said:
Go girl GO! You are an inspiration to me. I devoted all my mental prowess to composition and technique, but you are helping me realize that computers are within my grasp ... gasp!?! That blows me away. And you are not one of those condescending types that make people feel stupid. I appreciate that. I really, really do. At times, I have felt hopeless and overwhelmed. I keep track of 16 medications a day. It makes me nuts sometimes. And then my weekend mornings are never nice days when we can sleep in. It's a never ending blood lab world and one Lovenox bridge after another. If I were to spend my time distracting my mind with something exciting like computer language, it might help me cope with so many medical issues. Between music and computers I could really have fun! Thanks!

Computer "language," like programming, I'm not really good at, at least not at teaching it to myself; I think I would need a real class for something like that. But HTML is really just a descriptive language, and what it describes is layout, images, links... general web stuff -- and it's perfectly linear, straight down the page, none of that conditional looping crap that drove me insane when I was trying to wrap my head around programming. :D The hardest part of HTML is making the translation from that linear code to the 2-D visual representation -- hence that tidbit about putting borders on things. But once you wrap yourself around that particular learning curve, you've got it licked.

CSS is just a refinement, to make it pretty, or nowadays, make it do all sorts of interesting visual things -- you can do some of that with HTML itself, but with CSS, as a separate stylesheet, you have a separation between layout and visual appearance -- which enables you to update appearance, without having to re-create an entire page or site. It also keeps the HTML smaller, so that pages load faster, always a plus on the web, even in our high-speed internet world -- back when 56k was the fastest you could get, keeping the HTML small and tidy was a huge boon!

Andria

Reactions: Vape Suzette

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Wow, Andria, You have given me so much to think about! You must know this is all above my level as someone who would be a rank beginner! I would be the ultimate beginner's beginner!!! :) I'm looking at possibly three major surgeries over the next year and a half. I spent all afternoon at the cardiology dept of a really good hospital here, and I am overdue for my stress test and need surgical clearance. I have no idea how I did this, but I tore my rotator cuff and now have a giant bone spur hitting a nerve and every time I try and tie my hair back, I SCREECH!!! It's my way of preparing for Halloween ... lol!!!

I have lost some range of motion in my right arm because of my shoulder, but nothing that can't be fixed nowadays surgically. They have to cut through the bone, and rather than freak out, I am the type who SPACES out -- royally!!! At least it has not prevented me from playing instrumentals at all. The thing about this particular shoulder surgery that I am concerned about is that it takes nine months to recover from. I am going to need to do things to keep my mind removed from the experience and that are sedentary while my body heals.

Can you recommend any books that would help me grasp some of what you are saying? I am from such a world of sound, but thankfully I have had a lot of art and in a way, this sounds like a form of art to me! It may be very literal, but it actually sounds creative! If I have to spend nearly a year convalescing, I would love to keep my mind occupied and slowly learn a new skill! I have to stay mentally active or I'm afraid I might be in a humpty-dumpty situation!!!

In the past two and a half years, I have sailed through four major surgeries, but I always had my guitars to help me get through everything. This time, I will have to keep my shoulder and arm still for longer than I ever have. Reading will be the best thing I can do. Learning will keep me sane. I will have to stay at home for a very long time. I don't even know how long it will take before it is safe for me to use my right hand for typing. Right now, just using the computer mouse is causing pain and throbbing in my shoulder. I just can't imagine sitting in front of a TV set for nearly a year! My friends and husband will have to scrape me off the ceiling -- HA!!! When you wrote you could never tolerate soap operas, I strongly related to that! What a waste of time.

I will have to have my husband dictate e-mails, or else get some kind of voice dictation so I can still communicate online. I have a friend who is blind who used something called dragon dictate. Wow. I have a lot to figure out. Thanks for explaining this to me in lay terms. It will help me very much! Thanks!!! I hope this finds you well and happy!!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Wow, Andria, You have given me so much to think about! You must know this is all above my level as someone who would be a rank beginner! I would be the ultimate beginner's beginner!!! :) I'm looking at possibly three major surgeries over the next year and a half. I spent all afternoon at the cardiology dept of a really good hospital here, and I am overdue for my stress test and need surgical clearance. I have no idea how I did this, but I tore my rotator cuff and now have a giant bone spur hitting a nerve and every time I try and tie my hair back, I SCREECH!!! It's my way of preparing for Halloween ... lol!!!

I have lost some range of motion in my right arm because of my shoulder, but nothing that can't be fixed nowadays surgically. They have to cut through the bone, and rather than freak out, I am the type who SPACES out -- royally!!! At least it has not prevented me from playing instrumentals at all. The thing about this particular shoulder surgery that I am concerned about is that it takes nine months to recover from. I am going to need to do things to keep my mind removed from the experience and that are sedentary while my body heals.

Can you recommend any books that would help me grasp some of what you are saying? I am from such a world of sound, but thankfully I have had a lot of art and in a way, this sounds like a form of art to me! It may be very literal, but it actually sounds creative! If I have to spend nearly a year convalescing, I would love to keep my mind occupied and slowly learn a new skill! I have to stay mentally active or I'm afraid I might be in a humpty-dumpty situation!!!

In the past two and a half years, I have sailed through four major surgeries, but I always had my guitars to help me get through everything. This time, I will have to keep my shoulder and arm still for longer than I ever have. Reading will be the best thing I can do. Learning will keep me sane. I will have to stay at home for a very long time. I don't even know how long it will take before it is safe for me to use my right hand for typing. Right now, just using the computer mouse is causing pain and throbbing in my shoulder. I just can't imagine sitting in front of a TV set for nearly a year! My friends and husband will have to scrape me off the ceiling -- HA!!! When you wrote you could never tolerate soap operas, I strongly related to that! What a waste of time.

I will have to have my husband dictate e-mails, or else get some kind of voice dictation so I can still communicate online. I have a friend who is blind who used something called dragon dictate. Wow. I have a lot to figure out. Thanks for explaining this to me in lay terms. It will help me very much! Thanks!!! I hope this finds you well and happy!!!

Yikes, I can sure see why you want some distraction!!! I had some kind of rotator-cuff injury almost 20 yrs ago, using a mattock to bust up hand-pan/gravel/clay to build a garden, it never healed right, and bothers me to this day -- unfortunately it's my right shoulder, the side I most prefer to sleep on, as I breathe better on that side. Figures, eh? :D

You're absolutely right on the money about this being creative, and yes, art! I've always known about my "artistic side," since I was a little girl and my uncle (who was a painter, mostly landscapes) was teaching me about perspective, to draw what I see, not what I *know* is there -- won a lot of christmas card contests in school, thanks to him, and amused myself and my friends with those "draw Bambi" and "draw the pirate" things in magazines. But then I grew up; always highly verbal, was a bank teller for awhile, then got into all this geeky stuff, so it became clear that my left-brain wasn't exactly absent -- the thing about translating that linear code into the 2-D visual? Perfect integration of left brain (linear) with right-brain (artistic), and that might be exactly why it pleases me so much, it lets both parts of me come out to play. :D

I think you'd really like it, since you do both also. I think it's sort of like... you know, when you're in music, learning music theory, and reading music, and technique of whatever instrument, that's a left-brain thing... but the interpretation, the beauty of the music, that's right brain, and I always liked that too (I played violin for about 5 yrs, in school).

There are tons of books, and I ended up buying quite a few... but I first learned online, for free, and it's still possible to do that. I haven't used this particular tutorial, but it looks promising, and gives you an idea of what's out there: http://learn.shayhowe.com/html-css/ -- they do have a book, so if you're anything like me, you may prefer a book to follow along with, but it's not truly necessary -- there are TONS of free tutorials online, quick reference guides, comprehensive reference guides, forums, and pretty much anything you can imagine, about learning HTML/CSS for free, at your own pace, right online. There used to be a thing online called "CodeMonkey" -- I think it went the way of Compuserve and MySpace, a long time ago -- but there are new resources, and a whole lot more of them.

Hang in there, with all that surgical stuff; it doesn't sound like much fun at all, but it usually brings some nice payoffs, once done and recuperated from. :thumb: As for me... I think this dadgum flu is finally loosening its grip; I woke up soaked in sweat, but feeling almost halfway human, for the first time in... geez, probably 2 wks or more. :thumb:

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Thank you, Andria!!! This is going to keep me entertained and challenged. It sounds like shoulder injuries can linger for a very long time. One of my friends who plays cello had a difficult time because it was sooo boring! The site is going to be a great start. So creative! I wish I could have myself cloned so I could just stay at home having fun while my other self has surgery -- he-he! There never seems to be enough time!

Get well soon. I had a flu shot at Walgreens about three weeks ago. I have to have them. I'm the type who winds up hospitalized for viruses! I must sound like a MESS online! We do more laughing around here regardless of medical problems. The medical world makes it difficult to find a great doctor. The background searching we have done has opened our eyes to seriously bad physicians. We not only check at the state medical board, but we go to the court house and read public records. I am shocked at what I have learned about people who practice medicine. I never would have known this stuff if my husband had not been a public records agent/paralegal for many years.

I have literally avoided surgery done by doctors who have been sued multiple times! The way we are taught to elevate and trust complete strangers is frightening. They want to know everything about us, but they are off limits ... ? ... not in my world!

the most positive thing I have ever done for my health was when I quit smoking! I quit in the nick of time. I honestly don't think I would have made it through the medical jungle if I had still been smoking. I know I've done irreparable harm, but I'm afraid to tell them my long smoking history! I just say I smoked on and off for a few years and had terrible asthma ... which is just a shortened version of the truth!!! LOL!!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thank you, Andria!!! This is going to keep me entertained and challenged. It sounds like shoulder injuries can linger for a very long time. One of my friends who plays cello had a difficult time because it was sooo boring! The site is going to be a great start. So creative! I wish I could have myself cloned so I could just stay at home having fun while my other self has surgery -- he-he! There never seems to be enough time!

Get well soon. I had a flu shot at Walgreens about three weeks ago. I have to have them. I'm the type who winds up hospitalized for viruses! I must sound like a MESS online! We do more laughing around here regardless of medical problems. The medical world makes it difficult to find a great doctor. The background searching we have done has opened our eyes to seriously bad physicians. We not only check at the state medical board, but we go to the court house and read public records. I am shocked at what I have learned about people who practice medicine. I never would have known this stuff if my husband had not been a public records agent/paralegal for many years.

I have literally avoided surgery done by doctors who have been sued multiple times! The way we are taught to elevate and trust complete strangers is frightening. They want to know everything about us, but they are off limits ... ? ... not in my world!

the most positive thing I have ever done for my health was when I quit smoking! I quit in the nick of time. I honestly don't think I would have made it through the medical jungle if I had still been smoking. I know I've done irreparable harm, but I'm afraid to tell them my long smoking history! I just say I smoked on and off for a few years and had terrible asthma ... which is just a shortened version of the truth!!! LOL!!!

It actually took me quite a while to figure out that I probably have the flu -- I thought I'd eaten something that disagreed with me, and with IBS, that's very easy to do. But without that godawful deep cough and chestful of mucus, I really wasn't sure WHAT was wrong with me. I've had just a little mucus problem, mainly with my nose (those OMG horrible headaches, probably sinus), just a little more cough than my asthma-usual, NOTHING AT ALL like I used to get with the flu!... it was the fever, the extreme tired/weak/lethargy, and the fact that I had a pretty awful fainting spell FROM A SITTING POSITION! about a month ago, that kinda tipped me off -- the last flu I had, about 20 yrs ago, the fainting spell was my very first symptom, and that particular case was so horrible, I probably should have been hospitalized -- I parked it on the couch for 3 wks, because the living room was closer to the bathroom, so just getting up to go pee didn't feel like running a marathon!

But I do seem to feel just a little better today -- the godawful headache has been either absent or just a very-minor nag, and if I have run any fever today, it's been very low, not enough to bring the chills. I did lay down for a couch snooze about 3, so about 2 hrs, because resting is really what you're supposed to do, with the flu. I'll keep pushing fluids like a maniac and try to stay warm, and hopefully be over this crud very soon. If this is what flu is like for a non-smoker, compared to what I had before... I'LL TAKE IT!!! :D

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
OMG, Andria! If you would have been here to see how swiftly I bungled up using the quote button!!! I was trying to respond to your post and I did everything backwards to sideways!!! You honestly would think I had a brain disorder!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chronic stupidity!!! ROTFLing!!! I'm afraid, very, very afraid!

Well, thank the good forces that be that you are on the mend! I'm glad you are turning the corner. I remember how the flu can knock the wind out of a person. It can be scary, that's for sure. One of my friends lives all alone and he got the flu and with no one being around, he became dehydrated and then disoriented! He was a high school counselor for many years and the nicest guy around. He just needed to get those fluids to stay down. It was pretty frightening. For many years I never realized how serious the flu could be. Stay down and drink lots of juice and water. I know you already know. I am just a worrywart-type person. Especially the wart part :w00t:!!! It just might be a lunatic you're writing to!!!!

I am borderline hopeless with math. It infuriated me as far back as grade school because I was dyslexic with numbers and no one caught it back then. It made absolutely no sense to me! I was fine in every subject except math ... sigh. Then one of my teachers thought it was unusual that I could not tell my right hand from my left. I had to wear my birthstone on my right hand so I would not have to go through the ritual of picking up a pencil to see which hand I could write with. It was SO embarrassing, but I hid it really well! I just knew something was not right. With letters I am just fine. My husband was able to really help me with math and he identified the problem very quickly. I was doing subtraction and division backwards. I just for the life of me could not understand why the problem "four from six" was expressed as "6 - 4" instead of "4 - 6." I developed a numbers phobia!
But at this point in my life I'm better now!

You take care and get well soon!!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
OMG, Andria! If you would have been here to see how swiftly I bungled up using the quote button!!! I was trying to respond to your post and I did everything backwards to sideways!!! You honestly would think I had a brain disorder!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chronic stupidity!!! ROTFLing!!! I'm afraid, very, very afraid!

Well, thank the good forces that be that you are on the mend! I'm glad you are turning the corner. I remember how the flu can knock the wind out of a person. It can be scary, that's for sure. One of my friends lives all alone and he got the flu and with no one being around, he became dehydrated and then disoriented! He was a high school counselor for many years and the nicest guy around. He just needed to get those fluids to stay down. It was pretty frightening. For many years I never realized how serious the flu could be. Stay down and drink lots of juice and water. I know you already know. I am just a worrywart-type person. Especially the wart part :w00t:!!! It just might be a lunatic you're writing to!!!!

I am borderline hopeless with math. It infuriated me as far back as grade school because I was dyslexic with numbers and no one caught it back then. It made absolutely no sense to me! I was fine in every subject except math ... sigh. Then one of my teachers thought it was unusual that I could not tell my right hand from my left. I had to wear my birthstone on my right hand so I would not have to go through the ritual of picking up a pencil to see which hand I could write with. It was SO embarrassing, but I hid it really well! I just knew something was not right. With letters I am just fine. My husband was able to really help me with math and he identified the problem very quickly. I was doing subtraction and division backwards. I just for the life of me could not understand why the problem "four from six" was expressed as "6 - 4" instead of "4 - 6." I developed a numbers phobia!
But at this point in my life I'm better now!

You take care and get well soon!!!

Well I did feel much better all day, and even managed to cook my favorite comfort-food dinner (ham with pineapple, mashed potatoes and baby peas) and even eat it! But tonight my temp has gone back up a little, not drastic, 99.6, just enough to make me feel light-headed, so I took some more ibuprofen -- been chugging water like a maniac all day, I'm just so THIRSTY! Maybe all the water is why the temp stayed down until late this evening, when temp normally does rise.

I had a friend in school who was actually "innumerate," maybe what you describe, a kind of dyslexia with numbers. I only have problems with the more advanced concepts in algebra -- quadratic equations and suchlike, and if I see a formula such as Ohm's law and don't know what the variables actually stand for, then fuhgeddabout it (whatever idiot decided to make the variables in Ohm's law stand for FRENCH words... PPTPTPTPPTTT!!!) and in geometry, I got an A, a C, then an F. :D But for regular arithmetic type stuff, I'm not too bad; it took me a bit longer than other kids to master the fundamentals like carrying and borrowing, and if I try to do long-division on paper, it looks like a spastic 8 yr old did it :facepalm: but mostly I do ok; a very wise teacher taught the great boon of *estimating* and that has gotten me a long way. But all I can say is... thank GOD for calculators!!!! And spreadsheet programs that do the figuring for you!!!! :D That latter is how I keep the household budget, and it's a GODSEND!

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Well I did feel much better all day, and even managed to cook my favorite comfort-food dinner (ham with pineapple, mashed potatoes and baby peas) and even eat it! But tonight my temp has gone back up a little, not drastic, 99.6, just enough to make me feel light-headed, so I took some more ibuprofen -- been chugging water like a maniac all day, I'm just so THIRSTY! Maybe all the water is why the temp stayed down until late this evening, when temp normally does rise.

I had a friend in school who was actually "innumerate," maybe what you describe, a kind of dyslexia with numbers. I only have problems with the more advanced concepts in algebra -- quadratic equations and suchlike, and if I see a formula such as Ohm's law and don't know what the variables actually stand for, then fuhgeddabout it (whatever idiot decided to make the variables in Ohm's law stand for FRENCH words... PPTPTPTPPTTT!!!) and in geometry, I got an A, a C, then an F. :D But for regular arithmetic type stuff, I'm not too bad; it took me a bit longer than other kids to master the fundamentals like carrying and borrowing, and if I try to do long-division on paper, it looks like a spastic 8 yr old did it :facepalm: but mostly I do ok; a very wise teacher taught the great boon of *estimating* and that has gotten me a long way. But all I can say is... thank GOD for calculators!!!! And spreadsheet programs that do the figuring for you!!!! :D That latter is how I keep the household budget, and it's a GODSEND!

Andria

It's so good to hear you feel better!!! YAY!!! My husband and I were talking about how weird my perception of numbers is, and we remembered they said I had dyscalculia!!! It sounds like some kind of obscure neurological disorder or something!!! Or worse ... ...

:danger: CRAZY PERSON AHEAD!!!

I have been laughing on and off for most of the day! It's just gotta be stress, but I have to stay away from any sad commercials or else I'd be drowning in a puddle!

I have had fun writing to you! And it's even educational!!!!!!! WOW!!! Since you are feeling a little better, I will say goodnight and leave you with a silly little poem I wrote today (out of boredom).

I got myself a bunch of squirrels
I took home three or four
Now they've taken over
And I can't get through the door

They can scurry up the walls
And leap across the floor
They attack me in the morning
And I can't get out the door

They attack me all day long
I'm scratched up from head to toe
A bunch of squirrels have captured me
But I just can't let them go!

Now, no dreaming about squirrels!!! Sweet dreams!!!!!! :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
It's so good to hear you feel better!!! YAY!!! My husband and I were talking about how weird my perception of numbers is, and we remembered they said I had dyscalculia!!! It sounds like some kind of obscure neurological disorder or something!!! Or worse ... ...

:danger: CRAZY PERSON AHEAD!!!

I have been laughing on and off for most of the day! It's just gotta be stress, but I have to stay away from any sad commercials or else I'd be drowning in a puddle!

I have had fun writing to you! And it's even educational!!!!!!! WOW!!! Since you are feeling a little better, I will say goodnight and leave you with a silly little poem I wrote today (out of boredom).

I got myself a bunch of squirrels
I took home three or four
Now they've taken over
And I can't get through the door

They can scurry up the walls
And leap across the floor
They attack me in the morning
And I can't get out the door

They attack me all day long
I'm scratched up from head to toe
A bunch of squirrels have captured me
But I just can't let them go!

Now, no dreaming about squirrels!!! Sweet dreams!!!!!! :)

ROFL!!!

Just for you...

supersquirrel.jpg

:D
Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
OMG THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!! I was just over at the HTML & CSS site and reading all about fonts and stuff and I am loving it there!!!

How did you ever find a pic of a squirrel and post it so quickly!?? I'd have to go out to some 24 hour superstore and then do consumer research so I bought the right camera. Then I'd have to learn how to post pics, but I'd have to backtrack and learn how to even find that kind of material!!! How much you wanna bet that people from the 14th century would think we were practicing witchcraft? Thank you! I needed one good laugh to send me off to dreamland! That is fantastic! Funny! SO funny!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
OMG THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!! I was just over at the HTML & CSS site and reading all about fonts and stuff and I am loving it there!!!

How did you ever find a pic of a squirrel and post it so quickly!?? I'd have to go out to some 24 hour superstore and then do consumer research so I bought the right camera. Then I'd have to learn how to post pics, but I'd have to backtrack and learn how to even find that kind of material!!! How much you wanna bet that people from the 14th century would think we were practicing witchcraft? Thank you! I needed one good laugh to send me off to dreamland! That is fantastic! Funny! SO funny!

(pssst... just google "funny squirrel pics"... I loooooooooooooove google!)

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Cool, Andria! Off to the dentist. Oh, how fun!!! Hope you are better today!

Not really. *sigh* I could barely get to sleep at all last night, I think because I couldn't get my temp down enough. When I *first* rolled out of bed this morning, when my temp *should* be at its absolute lowest, it was 99.8. Took 3 ibuprofen, waited an hour, and took my temp again: STILL 99.8. *sigh* So I called and made a dr's appt for tomorrow, since the only time I've seen this kind of behavior before, where I can't get my fever to respond to anti-pyretic medication, was when I had a severe bacterial infection.

It finally did go lower, to 99.2, but I can't seem to get it to go to 98.6 at all, so there's something going on, and with the lack of response or slow response to anti-pyretic medication, I have to think it's probably a slowly-worsening bacterial infection. Not sure of what; sinuses maybe, given that godawful headache I was experiencing last week. But I've been on-again-off-again sick for over a month now, and that's just too long for flu, even a really bad case like I had 20 yrs ago, took only about 3 wks to let up on me.

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Hi, Andria:

Oh, dear. It sounds like you really need the Dr. to prescribe antibiotics. My husband had an awful time getting a Dr. to prescribe antibiotics. So bad in fact, I called my oncologist who is about the only sane Dr. I know out here and she prescribed them! She is European. The logic blows me away. First they say that they have over prescribed -- which may be true for many, but not for ALL and then when you genuinely need them for infection, it's hard to find a sane well-rounded Dr. to prescribe them. Go figure.

You must feel so drained. You have had this a long, long time. I wish you lived around here -- I'd go in or call with your symptoms and get you something to help clear it up. Yes, I really am THAT BAD!!! :) In the meantime, take it easy as possible. I really feel terrible for you. This is the last thing you need. Hang tight!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well, he did a chest x-ray, blood and urinalysis, poked and prodded all over me, and finally had to go with what I thought, sinus infection, since he couldn't find anything else wrong with me. He looked at the chest x-ray and said no sign of pneumonia or Hodgkin's, to which I replied "that's good." :D But now trying to find a decent price on Ceftin; if we can't find a decent price, I'll be waiting till tomorrow so I can call him and get him to call in Bactrim to Publix, where Bactrim is free; he said Bactrim would work, I just prefer to avoid it because the pills are SO FREAKING HUGE, I have to cut them into 4 or 8 pieces just to get them down. :facepalm: But if it's a choice between $55 for 10 days of medicine, or free, I guess I'll have to get my damn pill cutter out. :grr:

Gotta go see him again next week, so he can see how I'm doing, and go over the blood work with me.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread