Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I think I will have to get an e-roll once I am straightened out financially. I have hardware to vape as you all know, but I like the ease of a small form factor sitting at the desk or cooking. it may wind up being the right device for me. So far I love the others but they still leave a whole when I want something easy, easy was a carto with a cigalike, but they weren't strong enough. if they were that would be what I use when I need hands free.

The other day, I found my old njoy gold freebie, I never finished using it, I used it and got to the point that I forgot what I was smoking and actually tried to flick ashes, I was happy with that. It's too expensive to continue on with. Too bad, If it was cheaper or I could find something like that, I could quit with it.

:shock: @ flick ashes! lol

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Thanks Thayamax and alisa. . . so tell me, for real, how long does the battery last with that eroll? The 2 brands that I tried that looked and felt more like a cig were awful, in that a battery only lasted an hour or so, the cartridge systems about the same, so I had to carry ALOT of parts around all the time. It was so frustrating lol

OK, here's the honest deal on the eRoll. For what it is, it packs a punch. Plenty of TH and vapor, a little "meh" on the flavor. But it replicates a cigarette almost to a T. Exact same diameter as a regular cigarette, only a couple mm longer. Each battery is 90mAh, but the PCC is 1100 mAh. The idea is that you "smoke" it like a cigarette, 10 minutes or so, then put it back in the PCC to top off. You can put the fully assembled unit in to charge, no removing the cartridge. I chain vaped with mine, using one until it was dead (about 20 minutes), then swapping it out with the freshly charged 2nd unit. Just rotated them all the time like that. The PCC gets fully charged in a few hours so I would charge mine overnight. The PCC would last all day vaping this way.

The cone can get hot if you vape like that; I learned to hold it lower than you would on a cigarette. The drawback is that they put the air intake EXACTLY where you would normally hold a cig, so you often would cover it up and get nothing, then have to rotate it so that your fingers aren't covering the hole. A little buggy, but you get used to it pretty quick.

The attys can get gunked up fairly quickly but they're easy to clean and re-use. I still have 12 attys that are used but use-able even if they don't draw quite as easily as when they're new. You can dry burn the coil if needed and that helps.

Really that's about the worst of it. The vapor really puts most of the others to shame--it's a regulated battery at 3.7 volts. You can also use LR atties on these and get a bit better vapor and flavor as well.

ETA: And what Thaya said, too! :p

Oh, and I used this exclusively for 2 months, before I got my Spinner. Now that I have my iTaste VV V3, I don't really use either of those much but I like having them around. Even after this long, my eRolls are still going strong although I think the batteries are starting to run down. I'll probably need to get a couple more soon if I want to keep using them.

Last edited:

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
so for you JJ1 it's about the taste ad the mvp v.2 works for you?
for me it must be about chain smoking lol

i chain vape the hell out of this thing lol for me its the visual effect of seeing the vapor come out that i trick myself into thinking its smoke lol

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
The eRoll is more powerful than an ordinary cig-alike. I believe the egos are regulated at around 3.2 or 3.3 and the eRoll is 3.7. With a clean atty it puts out nearly as much vapor as my Sigelie Zmax. The biggest problem I've had with my eRoll is putting it down and not being able to find it for a while. It's so small!

I am a total chain vaper. The MVP is great for that. I just received mine yesterday afternoon in the mail. It came charged so I was able to start vaping right away. I already have 615 on the puff counter and I've also vaped some on my other mods besides. It's still green!!!

Reactions: Hopeful64

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
OK, here's the honest deal on the eRoll. For what it is, it packs a punch. Plenty of TH and vapor, a little "meh" on the flavor. But it replicates a cigarette almost to a T. Exact same diameter as a regular cigarette, only a couple mm longer. Each battery is 90mAh, but the PCC is 1100 mAh. The idea is that you "smoke" it like a cigarette, 10 minutes or so, then put it back in the PCC to top off. You can put the fully assembled unit in to charge, no removing the cartridge. I chain vaped with mine, using one until it was dead (about 20 minutes), then swapping it out with the freshly charged 2nd unit. Just rotated them all the time like that. The PCC gets fully charged in a few hours so I would charge mine overnight. The PCC would last all day vaping this way.

The cone can get hot if you vape like that; I learned to hold it lower than you would on a cigarette. The drawback is that they put the air intake EXACTLY where you would normally hold a cig, so you often would cover it up and get nothing, then have to rotate it so that your fingers aren't covering the hole. A little buggy, but you get used to it pretty quick.

The attys can get gunked up fairly quickly but they're easy to clean and re-use. I still have 12 attys that are used but use-able even if they don't draw quite as easily as when they're new. You can dry burn the coil if needed and that helps.

Really that's about the worst of it. The vapor really puts most of the others to shame--it's a regulated battery at 3.7 volts. You can also use LR atties on these and get a bit better vapor and flavor as well.

Thanks! I'll definitely look into it. I do have 4 diff 2.0 ohm direct dripping atty's on top of ego twists that I actually leave set at about 3.8 to 4.0 but, the reason I have 4 batts and attys in rotation all at the same time is because a couple strong draws and they do get HOT, hence the reason for having several going at one time. It's the only thing, chain vaping that is, that keeps me from smoking 2 PAD instead of the few cigs I do smoke a day now.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
me too, I have the MVP2 now, it's got great battery life, great power, didn't stop me from lighting up.

yup, I have sufficient TH, power, draw, vapor, etc. with my ego twists and LR bridgeless atty's for flavor etc.
It doesn't keep me from lighting up a few times a day, or more, depending on what's going on, on a given day.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
The eRoll is more powerful than an ordinary cig-alike. I believe the egos are regulated at around 3.2 or 3.3 and the eRoll is 3.7. With a clean atty it puts out nearly as much vapor as my Sigelie Zmax. The biggest problem I've had with my eRoll is putting it down and not being able to find it for a while. It's so small!

I am a total chain vaper. The MVP is great for that. I just received mine yesterday afternoon in the mail. It came charged so I was able to start vaping right away. I already have 615 on the puff counter and I've also vaped some on my other mods besides. It's still green!!!

so, I better get a lanyard thingy and not put the eRoll down for fear of losing it :facepalm: but then, I'll need a holder for the PCC to carry around my neck for chain vaping purposes:blink: ...if I do happen to get an eRoll that is !

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
so, I better get a lanyard thingy and not put the eRoll down for fear of losing it :facepalm: but then, I'll need a holder for the PCC to carry around my neck for chain vaping purposes:blink: ...if I do happen to get an eRoll that is !

if u want i can send u a lanyard i got mayb 10-15 laying around since family is buying there own stuff now

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
My motivation was coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and tightness in my lungs which was becoming painful. Even that wasn't enough for a long time.

I hear ya Thaya. Little over 2 yrs ago I came down with bronchitis...except it never went away...thought I was going to cough up a lung, all day, and night, and knew I had to stop smoking...found vaping...and almost stopped smoking the 2 PAD... About 3 weeks into vaping and I was amazed at the difference...even though still smoking a few..
The coughing all day stopped. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. Vaping, even chain-vaping, is a blessing, really.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
First time poster to this thread. Need to vent.
A few days of cigarette free and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I felt like if I didn't step outside and smoke I was going to explode. I was out of cigarettes so I actually went and bought a pack. I smoked one on the way home and felt just, well, stupid that nothing seemed to have changed. Vaping is taking care of the nicotine, the hand to mouth, the taste, the everything EXCEPT my internal need to be defiant to my health. It was like my mind is calling all the facts that smoking is bad like a teenager that drinks and drives with the mentality of "it might happen to others but it'll never happen to me" a lie.
I've been a smoker for almost 37 years and with every attempt to quit I figure out and defeat at least 1 thing about the habit, only to have another sneak in and kick my .... until I cave.
That pack of smokes is on top of my piano as I write this but I haven't been back.
I refuse to be afraid of failure by throwing them out. The paradox this time (and probably every other one since the first attempt) I've found is my fear of another failure has caused a self fulfilling prophecy. It is why I kidded myself for years that I really do love smoking. That's bullshirt! I've hated being a slave to cigarettes, hated the cough, hated the smell, hated the stained teeth, hated the embarrassment of telling my doctor I still smoke after bragging about how my Faith will overcome, hated the lack of wind, hated the expense, hated seeing what it did to my mom and dad (both died from smoking related things), hated the solitude, hated the feeling I'd get when one of my kids asked me to quit, hated trying to explain why I smoke but don't want my kids to mimic me, hated everything about them for years EXCEPT when I was kidding myself as I smoked one that I enjoy smoking.
I've said for years there's only 2 things I truly hate ,hot and humid weather at the same time, and I always kidded I don't remember the second one unless it's hot and humid. I'm not kidding when I say I hate smoking.
Thank you for reading this.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I hear ya Thaya. Little over 2 yrs ago I came down with bronchitis...except it never went away...thought I was going to cough up a lung, all day, and night, and knew I had to stop smoking...found vaping...and almost stopped smoking the 2 PAD... About 3 weeks into vaping and I was amazed at the difference...even though still smoking a few..
The coughing all day stopped. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. Vaping, even chain-vaping, is a blessing, really.
going from 2 PAD to only a few cig is a huge achievement. when i stopped smoking i still had my pepsi:facepalm: well i gave that up lil over 2 months ago for green tea i do miss pepsi but i know its not good for me either lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread