Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndizzle07

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Phoenix
Just ordered my first authentic mechanical mod
Im pretty excited! :thumbs:
Unfortunately, I couldnt find any vendors in the US that carried the black edition so I had to order from shmovapes
It was a tough lesson on how worthless the dollar is becoming when the currency exchanged lol
Has anyone used the Stingray X?
Ive been looking for a copper tube mod that wasnt so ugly(imo).
stingray-x-by-jd-tech-.jpg

rlockwich

Jul 13, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I just got my clone of the same model 2 days ago. For a clone, it's amazing. I absolutely love the design and look of this mod....the weight and sturdiness of it is far more superior than my nemesis I was using prior to it. You should be excited as hell. I wish I could afford the authentic.

I'm hoping that you could post some high res pictures of the top cap, firing button and the engraving as well so I can compare. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dlo604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver
I just bought this clone today. I'm using the AeroTank Mega on it and man does it look beautiful. Everything is extremely flush. My eVic crapped out on me and my friend took my MVP 2. I'm getting to the bottom firing trigger and plus my friend opening a local B&M store doesn't help. Had to show some love and some support.

Love it with the 18490 battery though. Fits perfectly in my jean pocket!

Clone or not, I felt like it was time to get into the rebuilding aspect of things!

Ndizzle07

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Phoenix
this one is definitely not sxk as they have not started producing the black stingray x yet. I was up till 2 am skypeing with them trying to order some.

what does sxk stand for out of curiousity?

mine is in LA hopefully it arrives sometime this week. ill be sure to post pics as soon as i get it.
looking at the pics the clone does have a few things that are different.

fyi i saw on vaperev that they have authentic red copper stingrays in stock if anyone is interested.

Ndizzle07

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Phoenix
And..... in the cart. I've been waiting for the black version since they released the pics of it for the UK vapefest. I couldn't find the authentic anywhere else. This will be my first non-clone mechanical as well. I was down to this or the dark knight from vapesirs. Now to find a good black RDA...

oh wow that dark knight is siiiick wit it. I think the performance aspect of having a copper tube pushes the stingray x over the top. I narrowed it down to the stingray x and paragon v2 midnight edition. eventually chose the stingray x black.

yeah the lack of authentic black/copper RDAs and RBAs is a bummer. almost forces us to buy a clone if we want a matching atomizer. I just spent a pretty penny on a magma too.. not sure how its going to look. I saw fast tech sells the magma w/ a copper AFC. I think I might order one just for the copper AFC and add it onto my magma.

Im really interested in the rose v2, orchid and the veritas but im hesitant because of the aesthetics. kind of lame but when I spend all that money on a nice atomizer id like it to match. decisions.. decisions..

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
i have a sxk or whatever stingray clone....while it hits nice and it's small for each battery size...the bottom button could be stupid sometimes, once in awhile it won't hit so i have to take it apart and unscrew the buttom button...i wish the length of the pin was longer because i feel like it's about to fall out sometimes

also the top cap has a lip so not everything fires on it

Wickedgt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
i have a sxk or whatever stingray clone....while it hits nice and it's small for each battery size...the bottom button could be stupid sometimes, once in awhile it won't hit so i have to take it apart and unscrew the buttom button.

You're talking about the original Stingray right?

I have both Stingray and Stingray X. While my original Stingray needed a good switch cleaning/filing and lubrication, the Stingray X has been a dream! Zero problems!

Ndizzle07

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Phoenix
wow my stingray x black just arrived! quality is insane. threads are smooth as better. its so small compared to my nemesis i almost thought my 18650 battery wouldnt fit. came w/ a different drip tip then ive seen. its some sort of black plastic w/ a silver top. the switch is so smooth. i literally only have to turn my locking ring half a turn, 1 full turn max to lock it. the voltage drop is almost non existant. 4.13 off a battery ive been using for an hour. my nemesis on the same battery is 3.45. i am in awe of this thing. there is a really cool pattern where the copper wings are. i assume its from milling or whatever its called. i took some pics w/ my iphone but they dont do it justice. ill post them up when i get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread