Stock Market - Electronic Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
I have bought and sold stock involving all the companies I know of that sells e-cig. stuff - SFIO, RUYNF (now DGTLF), MMUH, VPCO, and HPNN. I still own some stock in each of these companies.

Granted, I have not purchased much of these stocks because of their wild behaviors, and I would not recommend sinking a bunch of money in these - only money you are willing to lose.

My question is, when are some of these companies going to become big? Hasn't the e-cig. market expanded to the point now where somebody should be raking in some hefty sales figures and lucrative profit?

The stocks are as of now, pump and dump stocks, where new news will come out and everyone will jump on board, and then jump off quick to make a buck. But surely at some point there should be a company with big figures. With all the sales, why is there not a company right now going public and advertising the amount of sales potential these products bring?

Will this ever happen?

P.S. - SFIO is up BIG today and has had a huge week!

Last edited:

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi,
Sure, it might and will happen.. First, here especially, the FDA has to approve the sale of e-cigs to the public with out making them a drug device. As for the other Countries, they too will have to approve them and you will see one if not more come out and post a lot of news on the e-cigs.. Just, now the way things are going and the crap that is happening in the world with the e-cigs, it won't happen until the Countries make them legal..

Quix

Jun 13, 2010
AZ
ya made me look, daniel.

gotta say, tho...
i trade for a living and would not *touch* any of those companies you mention.
they are all micro penny stocks... highly illiquid and not traded on regular exchanges.

and while can appreciate your idea of investing in this new technology in its infancy, am with stubear... we need to see how the legalities of it all iron out before tossing hard earned cash at keno tickets.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
would be it worth just to do a tiny amount, say $300 combined, spread out among them all in the hopes one will be the next microsoft?

I would say with some heart "yes", but I am biased after all.

I would also be very quick to mention to only invest what you are willing to lose, and count on losing it.

My investments are very, very conservative because I do not know how or aim to make a living on stock trading. But after seeing the potential of this product, I just couldn't help myself.

I have actually made some money off these stocks, especially when they shot way up in the spring after that court case. I sold enough shares to get out what I put in, then the stocks took a dive after that.

andygee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
new york city
THREE? INVESTMENT THREADS? Wow.

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singin' a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an organization.

any more, and they'll think it's a movement...

But seriously, folks...

I like Cramer as much as the next guy and I'm free to trade whatever I want in my 401k and retirement account, but all of the good hits I've had were all OVER a dollar when I bought them, everything else is still sitting there except Sirius, which had originally been much higher. If you want an investment, buy stocks in regulated utilities and reinvest the dividends. If you want an e-cig investment, come up with your own novel distribution method and hit up your friends, neighbors, family and cow-orkers for investment capital. I might even pitch in.

Wait, I think I've got it! I'm going to get an old Worksman trade bicycle and pedal around Manhattan stopping everywhere i see people smoking outside! Let's see... $600 for the bike, $25K for starting inventory, $2K for fliers and cards, $2K for a web site, call it $30k even. That would be one hundred ECF members with that $300 to invest. Who's in??? I can get a hat and one of those change things the Good Humor guy had, maybe a little belll... No, wait, it's a bicycle, it already has a bell.

note: this is light hearted but actually dead serious, and I am not dsiparaging anyone or the idea of investing in e-cigs.

andygee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
new york city
I still don't see anything to recommend this stock, but I found some room for it in the part of my portfolio that has early stage development of stuff that would be really great for humanity -- mostly wind and solar. I am now the proud owner of 200,000 (wow!) shares of an electronic cigarette company. I can't wait for the shareholder meetings...

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
FDA ruling in NJOY case allows Smokefree Innotech to sell their e-cigs in the US. SFIO had a 64% gain today and is headed to penny land. Only 1 of 2 publicly traded e-cig plays in the US and the other is at .50 ! SFIO only at .009 - Load up while they're cheap folks. Gonna run all week and make me a lot of dough. Have 1 million shares that only cost me $3K.

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
I'd hate to say I told ya so but maybe this time around some will listen. I was telling everyone to buy SFIO (Smokefree Innotec) in the triple digits. This week it had 1000% gains and is currently trading at 6 cents up from .00015. The ecig stock market craze is JUST BEGINNING! Major gains to be had. Also a buy right now is RFMK & HPNN. Stop buying new ecigs and buy some stock. You might just get rich like me!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
My question is, when are some of these companies going to become big?
I'm thinking probably never, because I think Big Tobacco will get into the game.

Hasn't the e-cig. market expanded to the point now where somebody should be raking in some hefty sales figures and lucrative profit?
We're not that big of a market yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread