Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Good to know since I just order Nic. And, I'M SCARED!!!!!!! :shock::shock:

No need to be.
    Simple trick; the smaller the quantity of liquid mixed .. the easier it becomes to get it wrong. So I mix up a pint jar at a time, so that a Pyrex measuring cup is all I need to get it right.

I want my liquid at 12mg (1.2%) and 50/50 PG/VG

50ml of 100mg/pg
    150ml of pg
    200ml of vg
    ------------------
    400ml of 12mg 50/50 pg/vg

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I'm only vaping two flavors these days and usually mix about 200 ml in a batch which lasts a bit longer than a month. I determine the portion of ingredients with a mixing calculator. I poor each PG and VG portion from their 1 liter bottles directly in to a 100 ml Erlenmeyer flask over the sink with a steady hand, no funnel needed, then into a 240 ml plastic bottle that will be used for storage. I draw the nic with a syringe that uses a short length of clear plastic tubing instead of a needle so I can reach farther into the bottle. I measure the flavoring by dripping into a small syringe and plug the opening with a finger. For use I transfer to an 18 ml plastic dripper bottle. The bottle cost more than the liquid.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Bottom line, IMO, is stock pile what you use. Stockpiling what doesn't vape the way you like makes no sense at all.

Unless it is left overs from fonder days........:lol:
    T3/T3-mini, Vivi Tanks - little leftovers that will work in a pinch.
    I have a Block of punched Carto's(50x5) and several Tanks. I like them, but since they are very Disposable, why not save them for hard times?

:D

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    No need to be.
    Simple trick; the smaller the quantity of liquid mixed .. the easier it becomes to get it wrong. So I mix up a pint jar at a time, so that a Pyrex measuring cup is all I need to get it right.

I want my liquid at 12mg (1.2%) and 50/50 PG/VG

50ml of 100mg/pg
    150ml of pg
    200ml of vg
    ------------------
    400ml of 12mg 50/50 pg/vg

No think so
    Nic(pg) 48
    PG 152
    VG 200

Nic(50/50)48
    PG 176
    VG 176

Nic(VG) 48
    PG 200
    VG 152

OR, you Vape PG nic 50/50 at 12.5mg :D

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Nicotine, when used by itself, is looking very unlikely to be all that addictive for most people.
    I know we've been through this already, but I have to agree with VNeil on this one.
    :)

But doing both can't hurt.
    ;)

If it is unlikely for nic to be addictive why are (at least the online communities of) vapers panicking and stockpiling liters/gallons of it? A non-addictive substance is something you can easily do without but there has been thread after thread of how and what to stockpile, nic being at the very top of the list. If it is not addictive I don't believe we would be seeing people panicking and stockpiling nic (DIYers and non-DIYers) or stating they are afraid (or would) go back to smoking. Every vaper could drop to 0mg nic with no issues, vape non-nic eliquids and be fine to keep vaping instead of smoking.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    From Rolygate:

3. "There are dozens of clinical trials of nicotine, all showing its dependence-forming capability."

No - there are none. There are many trials with smokers or ex-smokers but we already explained why this is irrelevant [3]. A trial, to qualify as 'a trial of nicotine', must be of the administration of unadulterated nicotine to never-smokers. Otherwise, clearly, it has no relevance.

However, there are around six clinical trials identified so far, of this type, where nicotine was administered to never-smokers, for other purposes. (Administration to ever-smokers is irrelevant.) These trials took place in order to evaluate nicotine's beneficial effects on medical conditions such as cognitive dysfunction and auto-immune diseases. Despite high doses administered for several months, no subject experienced withdrawal effects, or symptoms of dependence, or continued to use nicotine afterward. In these trials, nicotine was demonstrated to have no potential for dependence. It must be stressed that this is pure nicotine, not tobacco with nicotine or tobacco smoke with nicotine, and the subjects had never smoked: we are only interested in the effects of nicotine, not the effect of a cocktail of synergens or the effect on those already dependent due to previous smoking.

full article here: Nicotine Propaganda

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    If it is unlikely for nic to be addictive why are (at least the online communities of) vapers panicking and stockpiling liters/gallons of it?

There are more and more well documented studies showing nic, without combustion, is actually beneficial.

Besides, if I LIKE chocolate and somebody decides to eliminate it, does stockpiling it mean it's addictive?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    If it is unlikely for nic to be addictive why are (at least the online communities of) vapers panicking and stockpiling liters/gallons of it? A non-addictive substance is something you can easily do without but there has been thread after thread of how and what to stockpile, nic being at the very top of the list. If it is not addictive I don't believe we would be seeing people panicking and stockpiling nic (DIYers and non-DIYers) or stating they are afraid (or would) go back to smoking. Every vaper could drop to 0mg nic with no issues, vape non-nic eliquids and be fine to keep vaping instead of smoking.

It seems there is a tobacco "cocktail" with nicotine being one of 8-9 chemicals together that causes the addiction. Just nicotene, given to non smokers, does not seem to create any addiction or dependence.

This is probably why vaping doesn't work for everyone, or why some of us took a long time to transition. Using WTA or NETs can be necessary for some. I seem to need some NETs and it will be interesting to see what happens as I'm transitioning to all DIY if I'm going to have to extract from tobacco, get WTA or if all non tobacco will be ok for me.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    It seems there is a tobacco "cocktail" with nicotine being one of 8-9 chemicals together that causes the addiction. Just nicotene, given to non smokers, does not seem to create any addiction or dependence.

This is probably why vaping doesn't work for everyone, or why some of us took a long time to transition. Using WTA or NETs can be necessary for some. I seem to need some NETs and it will be interesting to see what happens as I'm transitioning to all DIY if I'm going to have to extract from tobacco, get WTA or if all non tobacco will be ok for me.

I don't think it's as simple as this, one type of study or situational does not fit all or maybe even the majority and you can not compare never smokers to (ex)smokers mainly because smokers tend to have addictive personalities. I think the term addiction in itself is highly debated as to what that is (no one like labels) but what I see are (mainly) (ex)smokers who are addicted to nicotine to a point they are stocking piling it in order to never have to do without it. Nicotine users can call this an addiction or dependence or need, want, desire and justify this with any number of reasons but it does not change the fact this behavior is that of an addict.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    I am chronically dependent on Venalfexine. Nicotine reduces brain-fog. Dependency is not addiction.

Medical definition
    Simple Definition of dependence
    • : the state of needing something or someone else for support, help, etc.

• : the state of being addicted to alcohol or a drug
      • Full Definition of dependence
      • dependent; especially : the quality or state of being influenced or determined by or subject to another

• 2: reliance, trust

• 3: one that is relied on

• 4a : drug addiction <developed a dependence on painkillers>b : habituation 2b

Last edited:
    Reactions: herb

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    vapefight.com

I like your logic so let me offer these thoughts:

1. No need to stock up on anything if you can stop vaping. Start today and see what happens.

2. If you wish to transition to zero NIC ejuice and continue to vape then start today and see what happens. Even if you are fine with zero NIC ejuice your still vaping so get some NIC and use it as a "currency" to barter for other supplies

3. I suspect, but I'm not a scientist or MD or a shrink nor due I wish to debate weather x, y, or z is in fact "addictive", that "most'" of us enjoy the sensory experience, holding the mod, and the absorption of NIC into our bodies. Respectfully, if I or you enjoy this then who cares weather the almighty powers will label me or you addicted to NIC and or Caffeine. I enjoy BOTH and I'm not stopping!

4. I recently had a full physical which required me to fast so no Caffeine via Coffee in the AM like I always do. I was "foggy" and not as alert as I normally am after my fix of coffee. I was still vaping. I've also switched it up and no vaping in the AM but Coffee and I was still "foggy" so I need both. They are both beneficial to me and I have no adverse effects to either one. I'm old like very very very old /lol and still "sharp as a tack" and a significant part of that comes from NIC + Caffeine. I'm just saying and not intending to boast and I've been tested for my mental acuity. :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Are we going to debate physical versus psychological dependence again? Just asking so that I can get my scorecards ready. :facepalm:
    LOL you beat me to to .
    Tomato or tomato. Same thing to me. Addiction in our culture indicates a dependence on something illegal. Same thing though.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Nice sock pile

img_7346.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread