Stock up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone

Well, I've got a bit of a stock going but with potential changes in legislation here in Canada I'm considering getting a huge inventory going.

Couple questions.

How long of a shelf live can I expect?

Any suggestions as to juices available in Canada.?

So far I'm loving naked 100 from Schwartz. Got some stinky Canuck on the way. The last e juice company stuff is ok for the price ($24 for 120ml) but I'm not enjoying the hooligan vapes or "vape shore" liquids at all.

Perfect. I'm a chef, I can sort the flavour out no problem and have a strong grasp on chemistry so most should be straight forward.

Now, where the heck can I get several gallons of nicotine. Had my experience working with illegal things before. Heck, I'll just be a nicotine dealer. Ha ha. Always have my chef career to fall back on.

But seriously, where can I get nicotine by the gallon or 5 Gallon in Canada. I could likely extract it like I do medicine, but that's a learning curve I'm not willing to climb. I can forage or grow then extract what I need. But my back could do without the load.

Would extracting nicotine potentially fall within bootlegging types charges or manufacturing of a controlled substance

In the states nicotine is perfectly legal to own, grow, and extract. I'm not sure about Canada though.

No idea personally. I'm sure it's less cloudy then what's going on with cannabis here. But our government is fairly incompetent currently. Like seriously. Talk about being governed by a privileged person.

Reactions: dyanaprajna

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Nicotine im most worried about.PG and VG are a food additive and I have +12 years in the industry. Nothing sketchy there

You're right that there are plenty of sources of PG and VG. Just make sure what you get is USP grade, not food grade, since you want to inhale it rather than eat it.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
My parents are going to retire. I can throw a gallon or 2 in their deep freeze no worries. I don't want to get in trouble sharing it like I have other things.

Sounds good. Also consider how you want to store it. There's a thread in the DIY forum on long-term nic storage:
Long Term Nic Storage

The usual practice is to divide it up into smaller coloured glass bottles before you freeze it.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My parents are going to retire. I can throw a gallon or 2 in their deep freeze no worries. I don't want to get in trouble sharing it like I have other things.
The standard DIY nicotine portion is a 1 liter bottle with 10% nic otherwise refered to as 100 mg nic since the other 900 ml are usually PG or VG as a carrier. So that one liter bottle, typical price $50 US, has 100,000 mg of nic. That's a lot of nic. I vape 5 ml per day with 10 mg nic per ml so 5 ml x 10 mg nic x 365 days = 18,250 mg nic per year. 100,000 mg / 18,250 mg = 5 1/2 YEARS. If you don't use so much nic that bottle might last you 10 years.

Making sure your nic lasts until you've used it all needs to be considered. There is plenty of discussion about preservation in the forum. In consideration of all that i transfer long term nic into amber glass bottles with detailed labeling. Those go in a zip lock back, then wrapped in bubble wrap, then into another zip lock bag, taped down and put in the freezer. When it is time to open a bottle the contents will be very carefully remixed and diivided into 4 250 ml bottles for mixing. I'm keeping ennough nic for 10 years plus a redundant supply from a different supplier. If both batches stay good indefinitely that's 20 years. Point is do some research before you start buying nic so you have the best chance of it lasting as long as you need it to.

Reactions: dyanaprajna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread