Stop the FDA from banning Electronic Ciagrettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutt4a

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Texas
Does it bother anyone that juice makers are not regulated? Does it bother anyone that any person that wants to pick up an LLC and some DIY supplies can sell juice? It bothers me. Say what you want about some of the Chinese suppliers, but check out Dekang. State of the art facility, certified by SGS (google them, huge certification company), and ISO 9001 certified. I'd rather have them making my juice then some person making it up in their garage. What happens when one of these suppliers makes a mistake on the nic content of a sample and someone gets seriously sick? I'm all for not banning e-cigarettes, and I'm all for testing juices for safety, but I am really for the regulation of juice suppliers. I want to know what's in it, how much, and I want my juice supplier certified with a good quality control system in place. Nicotine is a poison and for that reason there should be regulations on how it used and distributed.

It doesn't stop me from vaping, but it's always in the back of my mind whenever I crack a new sample from a USA juice supplier. What if....

Well put and yes i am concerned.

Unfortunately most of the discussion/debate on the topic hinges upon the ban/not ban question. From the FDA's point of view they only have 3 options. Ban/Regulate/Ignore.

Ignore is not really an option. Its only a matter of time before somebody either suffers some bad effects from this, or even more likely, blames the e-cig for some unrelated ill affects. As soon as that happens the media will be hounding the FDA about why it hadn't done something about this "so obvious a risk" upon or citizens.

Regulate is the "correct answer" here but well, that takes a lot more effort and commitment from the FDA/suppliers/users and yes, the legislative branch. Our only hope here is to achieve the kind of numbers using these that an attempt to ban would fail so miserably (bootlegging) that this is the only real option. If the BAN gets in place before enough numbers are using it and its imbeded in our culture, then we will never get to this point.

Ban is probably what we are going to see. It if much cheaper and easier to implement.

I think we are doming our own movement by trying to claim we should be absolved from a ban or regulation. I think instead we should be BEGGING for regulation on these items, and supporting anybody, the FDA included, that is trying to find/implement the reugulations.

My 2 cents.

I totally agree with you mutt4a, although I wish they would just treat this as 'homeopathic' and call it a day.
The government simply gets way to involved in our 'freedoms' as Americans and CAUSES more problems and crime.

You can count my address as a stop on the 'e-juice underground railroad' if they do ban them.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Has anyone else noticed that the OP has not been back to the thread to respond to questions or posted on the forum since he posted the link to his petition? I'm not talking about the e-cigs save lives petition, but one the at change.org? It's probably nothing, but I hope he checks back in to the thread.

DevilWoman

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Okc
Hi, this is my first post, but I thought I'd throw my .02 in. The FDA has two choices - classify e-cigs as drug delivery devices in which case they would probably have them pulled from the market until the necessary clinical trials are run to confirm they do what it's claimed they do (replace nicotine as a safe stop smoking aid) or classify them as tobacco products. Classifying them as tobacco products would give them the authority to regulate marketing campaigns (as in not promoting them to minors), and subject them to regulations regarding quality control, labeling, etc. This would be the preferred way to go in my opinion. This is also the opinion of the American Association of Public Health Physician's Tobacco Control Task Force. In their opinion promoting e-cigs as a lower risk alternative to cigarettes could potentially reduce tobacco-related illnesses and deaths among current smokers. If you haven't already, you really should read what the chair of the Task Force has to say about all this.

Current Federal Tobacco Legislation S.625/H.R. 1180

BTW, nice to "meet" you all. I've been reading here for nearly two weeks now. It was all the wonderful advice, instructions, and information you have here that cinched my decision to buy my first e-cig.

Debra

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread