STOP THROWING AWAY YOUR BURNT/OLD COILS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakeblood9

Jan 15, 2017
Good afternoon, I've been vaping for around a year to a year and a half. And ill tell you what. I've been through 15 coils. I would say once a month i would have to purchase a $5-$10 coil from the shop. In otherwords i paid $75-150 a year for coils. If you do this, you stopped at the right place. I will now explain how i dont replace my coils for up to 6 months of using them.

Firstly take care of your coils, Always vape at recommended wattage. and always have a full to 3/4 of a tank. Never try to hotbox the .... out of something. (Hitting in 20 times in a minute isnt really good for the coil it gets kinda dry and burnt)

i can go all day on how to take care of coils. Trust me i learned a lot.

Now you happen to )EDITED) up your coil before seeing this thread... now what? go buy a $10 coil. NOPE!

I'll explain how to fix the burnt taste from your ecig/coil and how to fix that!

Firstly take out the coil, now grab a small container and put just enough water for your coil to go into. Now heat the water in microwave (you can also use a pan). carefully take the container of hot water and simply drop your sub omh coil into the water and dump water and put cold water in it to cool down the coil. pick up the coil and spray it out a lot of burnt .... and ejuice should fall out. Now if that doesnt happen kept repeating til it does

Last edited by a moderator:

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
FL4oJSU.jpg

You want these after being used for a month?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Good afternoon, I've been vaping for around a year to a year and a half. And ill tell you what. I've been through 15 coils. I would say once a month i would have to purchase a $5-$10 coil from the shop. In otherwords i paid $75-150 a year for coils. If you do this, you stopped at the right place. I will now explain how i dont replace my coils for up to 6 months of using them.

Firstly take care of your coils, Always vape at recommended wattage. and always have a full to 3/4 of a tank. Never try to hotbox the .... out of something. (Hitting in 20 times in a minute isnt really good for the coil it gets kinda dry and burnt)

i can go all day on how to take care of coils. Trust me i learned a lot.

Now you happen to f*** up your coil before seeing this thread... now what? go buy a $10 coil. NOPE!

I'll explain how to fix the burnt taste from your ecig/coil and how to fix that!

Firstly take out the coil, now grab a small container and put just enough water for your coil to go into. Now heat the water in microwave (you can also use a pan). carefully take the container of hot water and simply drop your sub omh coil into the water and dump water and put cold water in it to cool down the coil. pick up the coil and spray it out a lot of burnt .... and ejuice should fall out. Now if that doesnt happen kept repeating til it does

Metal in a microwave is not good.

I say switch to RBA or RTA and wrap your own coils. My coils last about 3 months. You can use them longer but the resistance creeos up as coil gets older.

I prefer the flavor of .8 ohm coil but after tge Kanthal creeos up to 1.0 tge flavor suffers and then time for a new coil. I replace the wick every few days

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Hey if this works for someone who cant\doesnt build coils, party on. I will stick to kanthal and rayon in my rdas

Agreed. For me, it's cost savings and a personal challenge. And I just switched to rayon last week. I'm never going back to cotton!

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Hey if this works for someone who cant\doesnt build coils, party on. I will stick to kanthal and rayon in my rdas
The level of involvement of doing this would suggest the capability of being able to rebuild and the time to do so as it is less/easier. I think that is the main point here going on

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
The level of involvement of doing this would suggest the capability of being able to rebuild and the time to do so as it is less/easier. I think that is the main point here going on

What level of involvement? rinsing a coil in hot water a couple time doesn't seem all that involved.

Not everyone has the manual dexterity to build coils.

Reactions: daviedog

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
What level of involvement? rinsing a coil in hot water a couple time doesn't seem all that involved.

Not everyone has the manual dexterity to build coils.
If you can do this method outlined above, it is physically/and time wise easier. Period. There are coil jigs where you dont even have to think you put the lead through a hole and turn and its done.... not what i use because i am old school but for those not able to hold a wire precisely these make it full proof... faster/easier. I think it is time you opened your mind/broadened your horizons, embrace the light that is RTA!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I've tried coil building. I've got an expensive RBA which has been collecting dust for years, because I suck at building coils. So, I buy mine in the five packs. However, RE Post#1 and $10 coils .... WHAT???? I can get a five pack for that if I shop around.

Still, I'm with the few here who have commented that if it works for you, more power to ya! ;~}

I actually did try boiling once. Not the same procedure as you outlined, just boiling and rinsing. I didn't revive any of them. But my $2.00 coils usually last a couple weeks and I'm alright with that.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I've tried coil building. I've got an expensive RBA which has been collecting dust for years, because I suck at building coils. So, I buy mine in the five packs. However, RE Post#1 and $10 coils .... WHAT???? I can get a five pack for that if I shop around.

Still, I'm with the few here who have commented that if it works for you, more power to ya! ;~}
What i think you should do is seek advice/help... it will benefit you in the long run should premade coils become illegal/regulated.... LEARN. It isnt hard its all abot getting over the hump

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
If you can do this method outlined above, it is physically/and time wise easier. Period. There are coil jigs where you dont even have to think you put the lead through a hole and turn and its done.... not what i use because i am old school but for those not able to hold a wire precisely these make it full proof... faster/easier. I think it is time you opened your mind/broadened your horizons, embrace the light that is RTA!

hahaha. my RDA's and my Therion get all the air time. Still haven't gotten around to building my OBS engine, petri, griffins, or serpent mini. Some day or maybe I will sell them all for a Charm.

Reactions: daviedog

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
hahaha. my RDA's and my Therion get all the air time. Still haven't gotten around to building my OBS engine, petri, griffins, or serpent mini. Some day or maybe I will sell them all for a Charm.
I highly recommend you build your fav coil on the griffin especially if it is a Griffin 25+ wicking on that is phenominal essentially a RDA with a Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread