STOP THROWING AWAY YOUR BURNT/OLD COILS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
The kayfun 5 is very easy to build and single coil. Don't know if it's space is big or not but I find it pretty easy and I'm not very good at handy tasks

I started building last October just about 3 months after discovering vaping and was the best thing to become an enthusiastic vaper

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
My used Crown V1, Kanger OCC, and my TFV8 coils all go in the trash. If I'm going to rebuild something, it will be on a RBA. These premade coils were never designed to be rebuilt and I don't have the eyes, the time or the patience.

As of late, I've literally been living off of premade coils. But after getting the TFV8, for the first time, I'm actually starting to consider making my own juice. Between the Kanger Sub/Toptanks and the TFV8, there is a night and day difference when it comes to juice consumption and I can no longer afford any 120ml bottle over 20 or 30 bucks tops. Not at the rate the TFV8 drinks juice anyhow.

Last edited:

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I rebuild my Eleaf coils and my Ego One CLR coils. The Eleaf are harder than the Ego Ones but neither is hard. I don't have a lot of money so I try to save money wherever I can.

I'm getting up there in age so my eyes aren't great (they never were really, I've worn glasses since I was 9) but my manual dexterity is ok.

I saw one of those at Goodwill one day and didn't buy it. Been kicking myself ever since

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I rebuild my Eleaf coils and my Ego One CLR coils. The Eleaf are harder than the Ego Ones but neither is hard. I don't have a lot of money so I try to save money wherever I can.

I'm getting up there in age so my eyes aren't great (they never were really, I've worn glasses since I was 9) but my manual dexterity is ok.

I saw one of those at Goodwill one day and didn't buy it. Been kicking myself ever since
I couldn't build without these my eyes are so bad. They work brilliantly

41QR3OD2FtL_zps307aqtvn.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Reactions: gandymarsh

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Be careful gandymarsh, those can be smaller than you think and the quality can be really poor.

Harbor Freight has a similar item, I think it's bigger and the price is better.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try :thumb:
Thanks for that. I like the cast iron base. Should be more stable. One reviewer said that the LEDs were burning out on him. He suggested using rechargeable batteries because they are 1.2v instead of 1.5v.

I found the exact same one on ebay for a couple bucks cheaper than Harbor Freight. Not sure if I'll buy one just yet though.

Helping Hand Soldering Stand With LED Light Clip Magnifier Magnifying Glass L8Z4 | eBay

Reactions: Ryedan

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Hundreds of millions of people pay too much for small purchases every single day when they stop by the CONVENIENCE store. While I appreciate the time and energy you spent on your reply to me, your Trumpish attempt to shame me, and others, into coil building is just a bit childish.

"Trumpish" ? OK...

Reactions: Cheallaigh

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2016
    I seen a couple videos rebuilding tfv4&8, crown1&2 coils. Its pretty easy. Even the sextuple coils can be done, you just do 3 instead of 6. The only thing im wondering, is how do you predetermine what the Ω's are going to come out to? I have 22g, 24g, and 26g in both kanthal and SS so i want to rebuild a few of my tfv8&4 coils as well as my crown 2 coils. I want to build some at .15, .25, .40, .60 so i can do some testing and see what i like better, im just not sure on how to get those Ωs.

I tried to use my multimeter on the old coils still together, and on just the wire after i pulled it out of the coils, but i wasnt getting the .4 reading the coils are supposed to be before i took them apart or just on the wire itself. My plan was to getting a reading on just the wire then cut the new wire to that length, but i wasnt getting the readings i was expecting so i didnt try yet. I dont imagine steam engine will work because the casings will change the final results, as well as because its not a regular coil like one that would go in an rba, right? Any ideas on how to get certain Ωs before hand/before building and putting it on a mod or ohm reader?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread