Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I don't go into a lot of B&M shops; I usually have no reason to, being a confirmed Reonaut and all. But I was running around doing errands today, and spotted a new one, that apparently hadn't been open too long, or at least I'd never noticed it. So, I figured: "what the heck, I'll just stop in, and look at the drip tips, or something." Usually, when I've gone into vape shops, the reaction I get from the usual regulated box/subtank crowd is lukewarm, at best. It's usually: "Yeah...that's cool, but check this out, duuuude". But this time was different. There were half a dozen customers, hanging around, and a couple employees behind the counter. As soon as I pulled out my Woodvil, everyone was fascinated. I set it on the counter, and people were gazing at it as though it was a 'moon rock' or something. The girl behind the counter was taking pictures of it with her phone. The guy behind the counter wanted to know all about it, and where to get one. I had left one of my metal Reos in my truck; so I went back out and got it. All in all, I think I gave a very thorough demonstration. At one point, the guy said something like: "These might be the thing of the future". To which I responded: "Actually, they've been around for about five years."
Anyway, I was happy to do some advertising and demonstrating. It was a good day.
Oh, and I did buy a drip tip and some cotton bacon.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I don't go into a lot of B&M shops; I usually have no reason to, being a confirmed Reonaut and all. But I was running around doing errands today, and spotted a new one, that apparently hadn't been open too long, or at least I'd never noticed it. So, I figured: "what the heck, I'll just stop in, and look at the drip tips, or something." Usually, when I've gone into vape shops, the reaction I get from the usual regulated box/subtank crowd is lukewarm, at best. It's usually: "Yeah...that's cool, but check this out, duuuude". But this time was different. There were half a dozen customers, hanging around, and a couple employees behind the counter. As soon as I pulled out my Woodvil, everyone was fascinated. I set it on the counter, and people were gazing at it as though it was a 'moon rock' or something. The girl behind the counter was taking pictures of it with her phone. The guy behind the counter wanted to know all about it, and where to get one. I had left one of my metal Reos in my truck; so I went back out and got it. All in all, I think I gave a very thorough demonstration. At one point, the guy said something like: "These might be the thing of the future". To which I responded: "Actually, they've been around for about five years."
Anyway, I was happy to do some advertising and demonstrating. It was a good day.

Sweet story! Crazy how they all had no idea about a reo.. but I guess theres new people starting out everyday.

I'll be expecting to see the remaining woodvils go bye bye shortly! Bring on the other 30-40 woodvils!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
There is a huge REO community in E TN, so a lot of people know what I'm puffin on. Many are envious. Their envy is justified IMO.
I no longer live there, but I grew up in Johnson City - glad to know my homeland has a huge REO community. In my neck of the woods now, I really have no idea - there's no halfway decent vape shop to stop into, the only ones around here are tiny, and weird.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
When I discovered ecigs years ago I'd get a decent coffee liquid at our BM and stopped in this summer to buy some for old time sake. (I make better myself now) I had the Reo and vaped a little but got blank stares. Oh well, I'm still excited about my Reo even if they aren't. :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Great story, Rule. There's hope for this next wave of vapers yet.

Rob and this community are so down to earth, I just chuckle at the young'uns at work who think my reos are OG, hardcore, and "serious". If more people just gave them a try, they'd have the veil lifted from their eyes.

Great that you got the reaction that you did. I'm sure you did the REO brand proud, too. :toast:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I no longer live there, but I grew up in Johnson City - glad to know my homeland has a huge REO community. In my neck of the woods now, I really have no idea - there's no halfway decent vape shop to stop into, the only ones around here are tiny, and weird.

There's so many vape shops in JC now. They're everywhere you go. The ones I've been to, you have to wave your way through the clouds to get by everyone. By the time you get to the counter, you're feeling a little woozy.

Different kinds of E-Cigs are everywhere as well in the JC Mall, and gas stations. We need T-Shirts with a Reo Grand on it.
i_am_so_happy.gif

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
The two vape shops I go into, they know about Reo's but don't own one. One guy is huge on the DNA40 kick, the other loves 150w on a 0.2 ohm build, which I enjoy too haha.

They love the concept of a Reo and I think if there was ever a quality 100w squonker, these guys would buy one. Usually the customers are curious, I have the card I got from Rob when I received mine in my wallet so I let people take a picture of it for contact information

sjoat

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2011
Earth
Rob and this community are so down to earth, I just chuckle at the young'uns at work who think my reos are OG, hardcore, and "serious". If more people just gave them a try, they'd have the veil lifted from their eyes.
I still remember your analogy about tanks vs squonkers being akin to a space pen and the Soviets deciding on a pencil ;)

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT

Thats perfect… Thats how it should go…. Glad to hear no one knocked the REO to tell you how great their gear is over yours. Made me smile

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Love the story :) First time with Cotton Bacon? I swap between it, and shiseido but find the back works best for me; great stuff!

I was given a sample of Cotton Bacon a while back. It just sat on my desk, unused, until one day last week. I rewicked a couple attys with it, and really liked it. So, I bought a couple packs. I actually think I like it better than the Koh Gen Do I've been using for probably over a year.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Interested to know which B&M this was. If it's new in the area, I should probably know about it.

The name of the shop is 'Puffs'. The one I stopped at is on Palm Bay Rd. There is another one on Wickham, which I've not been in. They are supposedly opening a 3rd location, but I'm not sure where.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Excellent. Thanks. May stop in for a drip tip (and to show off Tickle, my Wenge/Maple Burl Woodvil)

They're gonna say, "Hey, I saw one similar the other day", to which I will aptly reply, "That's right! They're taking over the world. You should buy a bunch for the store"

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Excellent. Thanks. May stop in for a drip tip (and to show off Tickle, my Wenge/Maple Burl Woodvil)

They're gonna say, "Hey, I saw one similar the other day", to which I will aptly reply, "That's right! They're taking over the world. You should buy a bunch for the store"

You should. I had my Lacewood Woodvil with me; and when I went back out to the truck, I got my TRA metal Grand to show them.
They did have some nice Tru-Stone drip tips.
Another good place to stop is Cloud Parlor, on Strawbridge, in Melbourne. The owner there, Les, is a great guy.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
CATastrophe and Malkuth live in JC area. My wife and I meet-up with them and TennDave pretty often to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread