Store Bought E-Liquid vs DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
That's impressive. Any dark brown/black spots on your old wicks indicative of burned juice or rayon overheating? I personally have never seen a clean wick after a weeks use. I go by taste, when the vape starts tasting harsh I know it's time to replace the wick or stock coil. Typically 3-4 days with NETs or flavored juices. About 10 mils max haha.
Well NET is definitely going to last less time. I normally do not see any brown marks at all on my TC coil's wicks but the RTAs I run in wattage mode can get a few darker spots. I am not overly finicky and inherently lazy so I try and re-wick as little as possible. In fact I am probably overdue to re-wick my goon clone that gets pretty heavy rotation. There are guys in the Rayon thread that say they go 200 - 300 ml's between re-wicks.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Well NET is definitely going to last less time. I normally do not see any brown marks at all on my TC coil's wicks but the RTAs I run in wattage mode can get a few darker spots. I am not overly finicky and inherently lazy so I try and re-wick as little as possible. In fact I am probably overdue to re-wick my goon clone that gets pretty heavy rotation. There are guys in the Rayon thread that say they go 200 - 300 ml's between re-wicks.
Thanks for the feedback. I can see how TC can prolong coil/wick life. And I've just started playing with rayon, still learning how to wick it properly. Pretty sure I'm never gonna got get even 50ml on a wick though, I'm pretty fussy about flavor. FYI I vape 70 to 80% pg, 18 to 24 Nic in a Triton mini at8 to 9W on Nautilus coils or a KFL mini V5 or kabuki clone, usually NETs, and 36 Nic in a mint menthol on a Myjet pod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread