Strange Requests Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
If I was better at graphics I might consider that. I have looked into personalized items and keep thinking that it is just better to spend our money on giving things away, coupon codes, customer appreciation, contests, etc. but it sure would be pretty darn cool to see a Mom and Pop bumper sticker/decal just out in the world random like, lol.

how about bumper stickers or decals I would buy it

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
Hmmm...

I know I couldn't do their logo on a bottle because I have to cut my stencils by hand and that would be too much detail in too small a space. But I am familiar with a company that specializes in sandblasting computer-cut stencils on very small glass tubes. I may have to talk to some people about bulk pricing some etched glass...

Of course I should probably talk to Mom and Pop about whether it would be alright for me to do so first :laugh:

You might try one of these for stencil/letter cutting. Use "crystal" bottles and adhesive-backed metallic gold tone sheets (or whatever floats yer boat) and a fancy script font. Voila! Mom and young'uns will love it too if they're "crafty" folks. Great gadget.
http://www.cricut.com
Blast etching is beautiful, but pricey. Then there's always something like this...
http://glass-etching-kits.com/
or this...
http://www.etch-o-matic.com/index.html
for a "How To" methodology go here:
http://www.glassetchingsecrets.com/

All else, there are many nice glass stopper perfume bottles available. Use a different style or color for each juice for ID purposes. This is what i'm going to do as I have too much empty shelf space and too many juices.
DANG! it's gonna look like my grandma's nick-nack shelves, sheesh...

Fish

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
You might try one of these for stencil/letter cutting. Use "crystal" bottles and adhesive-backed metallic gold tone sheets (or whatever floats yer boat) and a fancy script font. Voila! Mom and young'uns will love it too if they're "crafty" folks. Great gadget.
http://www.cricut.com
Blast etching is beautiful, but pricey. Then there's always something like this...
Glass Etching - Glass Etching Kits
or this...
Now Mark Metal Tools, Parts, Equipment In Seconds With Etch-O-Matic.
for a "How To" methodology go here:
Glass Etching Secrets: Learn to Create Etched Art Glass with Stencils

All else, there are many nice glass stopper perfume bottles available. Use a different style or color for each juice for ID purposes. This is what i'm going to do as I have too much empty shelf space and too many juices.
DANG! it's gonna look like my grandma's nick-nack shelves, sheesh...

Fish

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Etching is no problem, I've a bit of experience there--and have hand-cut some rather elaborate stencils. The problem is that they were stencils for quart-sized containers and even I don't store that much juice at a time. The Cricut is useless because they actively refuse to allow you to do any sort of custom designs, going so far as to sue the company that had software that added that feature and to sell a program they say adds the ability to make custom designs but which only allows you to combine images from their over-priced cartridges without having to load each cart individually. I have a cricut that has sat unused for over a year because I can do anything it can do faster and easier by hand.

The Cricut is great for what it does, but what it does is far too limited to be of any use to me at all :(

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Lol
Honesty this thread should be a lot more interesting, why? well it's about having a healthy imagination and sharing ideas. In fact it could create JOBS!! for gods sake! we are a family (us vapors) and scuba and I do the best we can, This is not about sales, it is about customer service and sharing opportunities looking at the glass half full ,creating opportunities for other vapors, so with that said i think this is a strange request but normal in my book :toast:

mrmann i have ya jug etched when you use ya b code i will toss it in for you :):banana:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Lol
Honesty this thread should be a lot more interesting, why? well it's about having a healthy imagination and sharing ideas. In fact it could create JOBS!! for gods sake! we are a family (us vapors) and scuba and I do the best we can, This is not about sales, it is about customer service and sharing opportunities looking at the glass half full ,creating opportunities for other vapors, so with that said i think this is a strange request but normal in my book :toast:
mrmann i have ya jug etched when you use ya b code i will toss it in for you :):banana:
Jobs?
<-------------------If y'all need an abstract painting, let me know. ;)

Thanks, that is too kind! I can't wait. Now, I just need to figure out which liquid. Oy vey.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Ha Ha Ha!

Well young Mann that that sound's wonderful heehee!

Honestly it would be a privilege to add one of your paintings in our B&M with the many i have, lets work on it. I love the idea UMM! pm me so we can have fun and make something happen perhaps. Oh just so you know it will have to have a M&P flavor type thingy:) I want to go back to the diner error you know the Mom and Pop thingy. :D

Bless you!

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Ha Ha Ha!

Well young Mann that that sound's wonderful heehee!

Honestly it would be a privilege to add one of your paintings in our B&M with the many i have, lets work on it. I love the idea UMM! pm me so we can have fun and make something happen perhaps. Oh just so you know it will have to have a M&P flavor type thingy:) I want to go back to the diner error you know the Mom and Pop thingy. :D

Bless you!

Let's......................

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Oh boy it feels good to be back on the boards , we have all had different things we have an interest in. i enjoy collecting stuff, My father was a soldier and a artist. Ah! i should take a pic or two of some of my work as a kid ( 10 -12 years old) I have personally found what you put on canvas may came back to you. I sold a painting when i was 12 years old and got it back 30 years later in the woman's will and it brought back the very memories with my dad being with me, its honestly emotional ( see I'm messing up the thread now but its true and art was the subject so there ya have it):)

Its always nice to be on here with my customers and friends:)

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
Thanks for the suggestions :)

Etching is no problem, I've a bit of experience there--and have hand-cut some rather elaborate stencils. The problem is that they were stencils for quart-sized containers and even I don't store that much juice at a time. The Cricut is useless because they actively refuse to allow you to do any sort of custom designs, going so far as to sue the company that had software that added that feature and to sell a program they say adds the ability to make custom designs but which only allows you to combine images from their over-priced cartridges without having to load each cart individually. I have a cricut that has sat unused for over a year because I can do anything it can do faster and easier by hand.

The Cricut is great for what it does, but what it does is far too limited to be of any use to me at all :(

That's good to know. I started to get one for the kids. Now, not. I HATE overly proprietary crap (APPLE! SONY!). Just kidding (NOT!). I'll just get a laser instead. At least I can cut other stuff with it. Get different laser modules for different materials. Could start doing engraving on the side. :eek:) I'll stick to chemical etching I guess, but the stencils going to be a pain. I'm not that coordinated...

Fish

Last edited:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
HI folks scuba just caught thinking out loud WOOT!
boxer-knockout-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
That's good to know. I started to get one for the kids. Now, not. I HATE overly proprietary crap (APPLE! SONY!). Just kidding (NOT!). I'll just get a laser instead. At least I can cut other stuff with it. Get different laser modules for different materials. Could start doing engraving on the side. :eek:) I'll stick to chemical etching I guess, but the stencils going to be a pain. I'm not that coordinated...

Fish

If you're interested in the plotter-style vinyl cutters, the Silhouette Cameo seems to be the best "hobbyist/semi-pro" model available, and it comes with the software to do compleatly custom designs. Amazon.com: Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle Cutter: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

There are other choices available, though:
Amazon.com: vinyl cutter
Vinyl Cutters - USCutter Cutting Plotters at lowest price!
Vinyl Cutter Comparison Chart - Graphtec & Roland

Actually, I think the Cricut is the only one not worth getting--but they've spent the money on marketing and store placement so that they're the only brand most people even know about. Unfortunately I spent my money on a Cricut before finding this out, and circumstances have not rotated back around to me getting a Silhouette...

Laser would be cool too :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread