Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
So these signature flavors are different than the same TFA flavors I bought from Bull City Vapor?

"Signature" and TFA are the exact same thing. The "Signature" flavors from ECX are not any more or less potent than TFA bought elsewhere. ECX re-labels them for some reason.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
But if that's the case where is that taste coming from. Nobody else seems to have a problem with this recipe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Taste is subjective. You may need to increase the strawberry or reduce the other ingredients to please your palate. If vanilla bean ice cream doesn't agree with you, might as well replace it with another vanilla or omit it all together.

I can't count the number of times I've mixed a highly regarded recipe that tasted totally lackluster. My wife loves broccoli and hates anchovies. I'm the opposite.

Reactions: breaktru

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
"Signature" and TFA are the exact same thing. The "Signature" flavors from ECX are not any more or less potent than TFA bought elsewhere. ECX re-labels them for some reason.

I used some TFA flavoring but this Signature seems to pop more.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's something that you need to determine by trial an error.
Make a small batch and up the flavoring as needed.

I found that using the lowest wattage possible brings out the flavoring. High wattage destroys the taste.

Road King

ECF Veteran
That's something that you need to determine by trial an error.
Make a small batch and up the flavoring as needed.

I found that using the lowest wattage possible brings out the flavoring. High wattage destroys the taste.

Thanks. I will either do that or up the flavorings 1% each.
I will let you know how it turned out.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks. I will either do that or up the flavorings 1% each.
I will let you know how it turned out.

I wouldn't recommend increasing the sweet cream and malted milk to 2% and 2.5%. These are potent flavors and can get funky very easily if they're added with a heavy hand.

Try the original recipe first. I'd be willing to bet it'll be just fine at 25PG/75VG.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Many people have problems tasting "Strawberry Ripe" for some reason , Strawberry flavors in general really .

Lots of people like to add other Strawberries to bring that flavor out a little more , Dragonfruit is popular for that .
I've tried every strawberry out there and, I have found FA strawberry to be the best strawberry flavor... however, as we know flavor is subjective.

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I've tried every strawberry out there and, I have found FA strawberry to be the best strawberry flavor... however, as we know flavor is subjective.

FA Strawberry is outstanding i agree , i heard Shisha Strawberry is a "must buy" as well but have not tried it yet.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ECX buys 5 gal. pales or larger and re-bottles for Retail under their Branding. Same exact flavoring.
If it is not blended well before and during distribution, some bottles may contain more flavoring than others.

Wait until you find a flavor you love and suddenly reorders miss the mark:(

If this is true than I am sadly disappointed with ECX. My first orders of Signature were highly flavorful. After a few more batches I will be opening a new bottle of Ripe Strawberry and I hope it is as good as the last one.

Where did you hear about the re-branding?

melodiousThunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
san francisco
I wouldn't stress too much about differences in flavor intensity in bottles of Signature (TFA) flavors purchased from ECX. l have been DIY'ing with TFA flavors for several years, and I've bought them from ECX under the Signature label, from TFA directly and from other vendors. I have not experienced any variations in flavor or intensity between orders from ECX or from TFA.

Re: the OEM branding of TFA flavors under the Signature label... They've been doing that for a while and I've read about it on numerous DIY forums. They are the same flavors, and conveniently they're named identically, so it's pretty easy to do a taste comparison test with 2 bottles of Strawberry Ripe, one branded Signature and one branded TFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread