Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You have not experienced Highly concentrated until you Try Flavors with almost No Carrier.

VZ Super concentrates are used in 1-3 drop max blends. Higher initial cost with Mush more economical results.

TFA is Generally Well balanced Batch to Batch.
Main differences are in Concentrate per flavor. Some take 15%+ while others are single Drop.(Mild to Extra strong)
Mango - light at any level
Caramel Cappuccino - Disgusting above 1 Drop per 10ml

Where Differences in TFA are seen, Per flavor, is Age of Batch. Often Flavor Batches, like mixes, need to age to reach potential.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
For those concerned with diketones, I've been vaping a slightly modified version of this recipe that is very tasty. It probably still needs some tweaking and isn't a shake and vape, but it's good enough that I made a 45mL batch that's being gobbled up by myself and partner both. I think it probably needs a little sweetener/ethyl maltol, like really very little.

7% TFA Ripe Strawberry
1.5% TFA Malted Milk
1% CAP Sweet Cream
3% TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato

pretty obvious substitutions of course, and certainly all credit still goes to breaktru. But AFAIK the above is diketone free, which the original recipe is not, and I can at least confirm it tastes good to the two of us.

Reactions: breaktru

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
If this is true than I am sadly disappointed with ECX. My first orders of Signature were highly flavorful. After a few more batches I will be opening a new bottle of Ripe Strawberry and I hope it is as good as the last one.

Where did you hear about the re-branding?

On their website ECX, open the menu shop by department > Flavor Conc. > Browse by brand > there you will see Signature Flavors(TFA). TFA means 'The Flavor Apprentice' which is %100 Perfumers(www.perfumersapprentice.com) company. So, ECX buys the same perfumers flavors from perfumers company in gallons where you can also and they re-bottle it with the signature name, they are the same perfumers flavors. The only reason for doing this is because it makes ECX to provide cheaper than any other flavor seller company. However, many perfumers flavors should NOT be kept in plastic as many of them have potential to breake/melt plastic which is not healty + plastic may change the taste, may change the flavor shelf life, that could be your answer too.

There are 2 short names with the perfumersapprentice company. You can see the both names on the main page of their website.

TFA: The Flavor Apprentice (is for food flavors they sell)
TPA: The Perfumers Apprentice (is for perfume ingredients they sell)

Request: I wish there is an option to print out the comments/notes part of ejuice me up software when printing the formula, so that I could write my notes instead of writing by hand on the paper, also please put back the drops in the printed formula instead of grams, I wonder how many people use grams. Maybe an option in the software to set print drops or grams... I use 15.6

Last edited:
Reactions: breaktru

Whitaker2472

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
marion ohio
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: No. Just.... No.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread