Florida (east coast)
  • Deleted by DreamWithin
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Jman28546

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Jacksonville, nc, usa
EM=ethyl maltol
AP=acetyl pyrazine be gentle with this because too mch and you will get a nuttiness that will completely throw off the juice..I actually do 2 drops per 30 ml and after a 3 day steep I can taste a buttery graham note from it..I know it's from the ap because my original recipe didn't taste like that

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
#DiacetylSoup

When you used to smoke, you inhaled more of it than you realized.

Now with that being said, I'm not a huge custard fan over 4%. So I'm going to lower it and raise the other 2 creamies up to account for the 3% loss of custard. Serve me up a plate of diacetyl please and thank you :)

I get the best strawberry flavor with a 50/50 mix of Caps Strawberry Sweet and TFA Strawberry Ripe. Those two together make a nice realistic strawberry. Much more than the sum of the parts.

I've been making Tigers Blood, made like 3 batches with 12% SBRipe and they were good, but then I did a 50/50 with SB Ripe/Cap SS and it was GREAT!

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
and em? still learning too

EM is Ethyl Maltol.Here is the breakdown below for you.

EM = Ethyl Maltol. You may as well tie one hand behind your back if you do not have some of this in your stash of stuff. (Two flavoring companies that I know of also sell this in a 10% solution as Cotton Candy Flavoring.) I use EM in a 10% solution and here is what it does:
1. Tiny Bit (A fraction of 1% in your mix) - Gives a "body" to the vapor and may slightly reduce sharp notes.
2. A Bit (Close to 1% +/- in your mix) - As above but will take the edge off sharp notes and may vary slightly sweeten.
3. A Bunch (1%-5% of your total mix) - As above plus sweeten
4. A Load (10%+ of your total mix) - Cotton Candy flavor

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
My last batch, I cut the VC to 5% because it was killing the Strawberry. That batch still seemed very weak on the strawberry. So, this last batch I upped the Strawberry to 12%, leaving the VC at 5%, FV at 3% and Marshmallow at 3%.
6hrs. in the UC and a week on the shelf later it is so chemical tasting I cannot vape it without choking.

I just whipped up a thinning batch:
4% Strawberry Ripe - to Balance to 8%
10% Cap VC - to bring the total to 7.5%
3% FV to maintain
3% Marshmallow to maintain
1% nic to Maintain

1hr. Warm Bath with Shakes and onto the shelf for a few days. Man I hope this breaks the off taste.:facepalm:

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
The Capella Vanilla Custard v.2, what does it taste like? I keep seeing people rave about it. I've been using Flavour Art's custard as a replacement for it in all the recipes I've seen and it's great but I'm wondering how it compares to the Capella one. Is the Capella one buttery? The thing I like most about the FA one is that is not buttery at all. It's just straight custard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread