Streptococcal infection of the nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franziskus

Nov 29, 2009
germany
Hello everyone,

I wonder if anybody has had problems with a streptococcal infection in the nose. Since about 2-3 months I have blood in my nose every day, so I went to a doctor and after a laboratory test they found that I had a streptococcal infection. I didn't thought about a link to vaping, but after my antibiotic therapy was ending, I had the same problem again.
My otolaryngolist said that the reason for the infection is that my nose was too dry. After I told him about vaping, he suspected the distilled water to be the reason for the problem. Know I use pure VG to mix my liquids, but the problem keeps the same unfortunately. I'm in a situation where I probably should better stop vaping, which would be a real disaster for me. So I just want to ask you, if someone of you has had the same problem and how you dealt with it.
Thank you so much for reading!

Greetings,
Franziskus

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York

wolfiebeast

Jan 22, 2010
Alabama
I have had the same problem with the bleeding nose. This is the second time I have had this problem. The first time I thought it was from the dry house in the winter. I used a over the counter triple antibiotic ointment. Was on vacation with family and was vaping pretty heavy last week, now my nose is sore and do have some blood. I hope the ointment works again.

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
ouch, I really feel bad for you, I had a strep infection in my sinuses earlier this year as did my mom. Mine lasted on and off from December '09 (first had influenza, then strep started) through April. It was awful. I still have nasal dryness from vaping I believe, but I also have very bad allergies, so it compounds the problem. I use a humidifier when I really need it, but it's not so bad anymore.

But anyhow, I know how it feels :unsure:

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Franziskus

Nov 29, 2009
germany
First of all - thank you all very much for your kind and helpful responses.

@firechick:
The link was very helpful, and with some assistance from my doctor I found equivalent medications here in my home country.
The idea from Orion to buy a humidifier is also excellent, though I really don't know how high the air humidity in my rooms is. So I ordered a hygrometer to make sure, that this isn't an additional factor. Very good idea for everyone, who has this problem, too.
Since most of you guys here don't have those problems, I bet that they are some additional factors in my home and behaviour, which also acts their part here.
So again thank you very much for your responses. If I find another solution for the problem, I will post it here for other peoples who might have come to these troubles in the future.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Many of us turn to smokefree tobacco alternatives that take care of the "dry" problems: Snus for dry throat and nasal snuff for dry nose. Snus comes in many flavors, including mint that will be a pleasure to use and will increase saliva production (it is not a "spit" product). Nasal snuff comes in flavors, including menthol/camphor, that will moisten a nose in a hurry. Sniff (never snort) a tiny apple-seed size into each nostril.

By combining snus, snuff and e-smoking, you can satisfy your nicotine craving without harming any part of your body. Good luck.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
When my nose gets all dried up like that, I use cold pressed (organic, unprocessed, unrefined) virgin coconut oil. It knocks it overnight, and coconut oil is antibacterial, antifungal and is antimicrobial. It's an inexpensive fix since you use so little of it. You can get it at your local health food or whole foods store. If you need proof, you can go to coconutoil.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread