stress and chain vaping proud of myself for not giving up or in

Status
Not open for further replies.

504_Brunhileld

Oct 24, 2013
Louisiana
Today I experienced a seriously stressful situation, that thank,( God, Thor, etc insert deity of choice here). During that time of tears and utter freak out I am surpised my hubby nor I ran out to go get the Marlboro's as normal. However it did lead to vaping like an uber boss. Has anyone else had that happen? I question due to I do not want to over do things, but I am like I told him trying to make an effort? Instead of chain vaping what are other things you do to get rid of unwanted stress during chaotic times? Normally I'd try anything from sewing to yoga or indulging in stupid YouTube videos? Any suggestions? As I am using a 8mg juice switching between menthol and a essence of tobacco juice? I guess that volcano inferno is pretty baller(or sweet).

SorryNameTaken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Somerset, PA
I'm still in the process of cutting out analogs, but I just wanted to give you a big internet high five for not giving in!! That's a big hurdle you passed and now that you know you can get past it, you should be proud.

Keeping my mind off of stress is hard. I find the best thing for me is cleaning. Thats if I have the energy to do it since fatigue and stress tend to go hand in hand for me. I do like to get on here and read about juices and new equipment when I'm stressed. It helps me keep my mind on vaping and keeps my mind off of my stressors. I also do the puzzles called griddlers, pictograms, nanograms (there are a million names for them). I print them off and sit down and do them. You can play them online but I prefer to print them off. It all just depends on what works best for you.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
Stress was what always got me back to the analogs. Even though I've been retired for a few years now there are occasionally some stressful moments in my life. Vaping at 18mg nic is doing the trick for me and I'm 99.999% sure that I'll never go back for an analog.
And since nothing is absolute, I did leave myself just a little bit of wiggle room there. :)

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I get VA comp for PTSD, so stress triggers and reliefs are not new to me......Whenever I get really stressed, I do a physical workout, and release them endorphins within our body and changes the mood and relieves the stress....also I put on some tunes and listen....and lastly I'll do some mind/body muscle biofeedback, tightening of specific muscles, hold for 10 secs, and release..all simple things that we can do at home for 15 minutes or an hour....vaping never was a stress relief for me, just a great way to get rid of the analogs which I smoked as a result of stress, and actually created more stress...

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Today I experienced a seriously stressful situation, that thank,( God, Thor, etc insert deity of choice here). During that time of tears and utter freak out I am surpised my hubby nor I ran out to go get the Marlboro's as normal. However it did lead to vaping like an uber boss. Has anyone else had that happen? I question due to I do not want to over do things, but I am like I told him trying to make an effort? Instead of chain vaping what are other things you do to get rid of unwanted stress during chaotic times? Normally I'd try anything from sewing to yoga or indulging in stupid YouTube videos? Any suggestions? As I am using a 8mg juice switching between menthol and a essence of tobacco juice? I guess that volcano inferno is pretty baller(or sweet).

Good for both of you for not giving in to cigarettes! When I used to feel stressed or just jonesing for a smoke when I first started vaping I used to vape through it and take my dog for lots of walks. It worked for me and my dog loved it. Hang in there. It gets easier with every day that passes :thumb:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
You did good today :toast: Chain vaping through times of stress instead of reaching for a cigarette is just fine :) If you listen to it, your body will tell you if you are over doing it. Unless your body is telling you otherwise, don't worry about the chain vaping when stressed. Doing yoga or going for a walk or any other physical activity are all good things to do in times of stress too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread