Status
Not open for further replies.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
tobacco is really starting to come through today. Got a .5ohm dual coil build in the the Velocity rda with the direct airflow all the way open and the indirect airflow holes fully shut. Hitting it at 40 watts. When I take a whiff from the drip tip, I can really smell the tobacco.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I tried it as soon as I got home Thursday afternoon, and I honestly tasted nothing. Like, maybe just the slightest hint of whatever "fruit" note, and an even more subtly cig-type tobacco... but barely. Poured some into a unicorn bottle, and decided to load up my woodvil this morning, and BAM! Very smooth, not in-your-face smack you with an ashtray, but a really nice medium bodied pipe tobacco, and I can still taste the fruity hint, but nothing I could put my finger on. Tastes like it's just part of the tobacco. Really really nice. :thumbs:

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
Dripping strike right now! Fantastic! Really glad I stocked up. I think alittle age is gonna turn this into a black label faster than the flash!!
Gotta lot u are so right about sniffing the drip tip!

I know it sounds weird to small the drip tip but I figure it is like smelling a cigar before and while smoking it.

I tried it as soon as I got home Thursday afternoon, and I honestly tasted nothing. Like, maybe just the slightest hint of whatever "fruit" note, and an even more subtly cig-type tobacco... but barely. Poured some into a unicorn bottle, and decided to load up my woodvil this morning, and BAM! Very smooth, not in-your-face smack you with an ashtray, but a really nice medium bodied pipe tobacco, and I can still taste the fruity hint, but nothing I could put my finger on. Tastes like it's just part of the tobacco. Really really nice. :thumbs:

No pipe tobacco in this one. I find that at a lower wattage, I don't get much but hit 30 watts and the tobacco pops out.

A touch of Latakia in the net? Virginia perique. Will we ever know? Mmmmmm well executed! I do think I get a touch of a raisin scent/taste which like perique but then I think I may have tasted that one of a kind Latakia scent.

Lakatia and Perique are my two favorite tobaccos.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
MAAAN...Just uncorked my bottle o Strike and is it SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Hitting it at .1 in a BF Vector, 22g/3mmID wicked with KGD on a RGLP.

I am getting that smooth pipe net Bakky and definitely some ORANGE ZEST.

NICE WORK NT- Can't wait to see how it steeps up. My guess is it will just get richer and richer.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
Plankton?

Kumquat? For me so far the tobacco has been fleeting at 1.5omhs 12-13watts in an Infinite Magma. The fruity citrus flavor is dominant but not overpowering. Get just little touches of a very light tobacco. So far a very enjoyable vape. Going to load up it up in a Protank next and see what happens.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I love watching this unfold.

I have an SX350 with a .21v dual coil (microcoils, 24gu, 6 wraps I think?) Running at about 60w, on "soft" - really even bodied smooth tobacco almost like a Marlboro Light - not so much "pipe" - a hint of fruit at the finish.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
Protank 2 w/v3 airflow this morning, 1.8ohm Nichrome 80 32ga tensioned microcoil, CVS rolled cotton, 8.5w. The fruit flavor has receded compared to the Magma. A light smooth tobacco has come a little more forward. Very cigarette like while I was driving to work this morning with a good balance of fruit vs tobacco. I dig it so far in both devices.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
I really need some feedback on how your coils are looking please!

Ran pretty clean in the Magma. About half way through a Protank 2 it started to get that very light smokiness but nowhere near as bad as a dark NET. After a whole tank the microcoil is getting a little dark as well as a little bit of the wick. I resisted the urge to rewick and will see how far it goes before turning smoke city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread