Strongest e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDoom

Jul 24, 2010
peoria az
Hello, I've been smoking cigarettes for about 8 years now and I've always smoked Parliament Full Flavor which I consider strong. I was just wondering for a starter what brand of e cig I should buy and what would be the strongest e liquid as well. I'm a newb at this but I figured e cigs would be a good way to get myself off tobacco cigarettes.

audio

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
Most people will recommend a Joye 510 or KR 808 for a beginner. The problem is you have to recharge the batteries every couple of hours. I started with a Joye eGo, which is the same thing as a 510 but has a much bigger battery (it's not shaped like a real cigarette) that lasts about 7 hours.

I smoked 2 packs/day for about 28 years, and I've been using 24 mg nicotine juice. It works well for me. I think you can get e-juice at 36 mg if you think you need it.

Please don't be too ambitious. I still smoke cigarettes, but I've cut back by half. If your goal is to quit smoking entirely, give it some time or e-cigs may fail you. Don't count the number of cigarettes you smoke, count the cigarettes you don't smoke. Leave your cigarettes in the car so they'll be less accessible, but available when you need them.

Good Luck!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hi johnny. It would be the juice that would be "strong". I'd suggest an eGo or Riva kit for a good quality starter. I have a Riva. You can check it out here Riva Kit
They're on sale right now so this is a really good time to be looking for one.
I would order some high nicotine juice (36mg?) and a doubler(juice with no nic) of the same flavor so you can adjust it down to what works for you.
People rave about this supplier for juice. Tasty Vapor

Ego is a great choice for a beginner. Lots of battery life, uses the popular 510 set-up or can be adapted to use 808 cartos for about $3.

As far as nic level goes, I wouldnt go too high. 30mg or lower. I smoked 3 PAD, Marlboro Reds, for 26 years. I started with a 26mg mix and have cut it to 18mg. I seriously doubt you will need it any higher than that.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
Hello mate, and welcome!...

36 MG will kill your throat... dont try to be a hero... its really unsmokable..

go for 18 - 24 (may also be strong.. - parliament isn't a strong cigarette)

good luck!

The full flavor ones are a STRONG cigarette here in the United States. They have nothing on the Cohiba, Gauloises, or the Players, but for here, they are VERY strong.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
From reading about the experiences of so many, I think the only rule is... there is no rule. Some people can (and need to) chain-vape 36mg all day and night. Unlike tector, I love the throat and lung sensation of high-nic, but reserve it for early morning vaping, and drop down to 12 or even 8 for the rest of the day or I'll start feeling a bit ill. (Compared to many here, I was only a heavy-ish smoker, like 1.5ppd Marlboro full-flavor or Mediums at peak, for around 40 years.) But as you can see from mutt's posting, heavy smoking doesn't always indicate high-nic vaping.

What I suggest is that you get your nic level figured out even before you experiment a whole lot with flavors. Anything you buy, buy several nic levels of it, including 0mg. Get a pipette or graduated cylinder and empty bottles to mix down to the level that works for you. (e.g., 2 parts 36mg to 1 part 0mg = 24mg). That way, the 36mg won't go to waste if it's more nicotine than agrees with you. There's just no predicting...

I agree with what everybody has said about models. Can't go you wrong with a 510, and the Ego is the same thing with dramatically more battery life and, I think, a bit more warmth and oomph.

Happy vaping!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hello mate, and welcome!...

36 MG will kill your throat... dont try to be a hero... its really unsmokable..

go for 18 - 24 (may also be strong.. - parliament isn't a strong cigarette)

good luck!

I was suggesting the OP dilute the 36mg with a 0 nic doubler. I would never suggest vaping 36mg straight.
Thought I made that clear. Guess not. Sorry.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I also smoked Parliaments for years and I vaped 36mg juice exclusively for the first few months. That's what I needed to stay off the cigarettes. I gradually reduced it to 24mg and some 18mg, depending upon the flavor and what I want. Next step is 12-18mg max, but I'm not rushing myself.

The flavor of juice? It is a bit difficult to make recommendations because everyone's taste buds are different. I will say that I personally started with Virginia and Parliament 36mg (Vapor4Life) and within a month, I'd lost my taste for tobacco flavors and moved on to other flavors. Some of my favorite juices come from MyFreedomSmokes (the extra-flavor version of Keoke Coffee, English Toffee, and Blackberry are to die for) and Vapor4Life. (WowPeppermint and Dark Chocolate Raspberry are my current favorites, which change on a regular basis.)

Some people need 36mg to start. If you do, don't worry about it - just focus on replacing the analogs. Later on you can work on reducing your nicotine levels.

I started with the KR808D-1 from Vapor4Life. From my first vape, I stopped smoking, ending a 37+ year smoking habit. I highly recommend them. I don't even miss my Parliaments!

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
I've smoked all kinds of cigarettes and as many as half of a carton (100) cigarettes a day .. Been years since I did that, but I started vaping right off of a Newport 100s habit .. And 22mg/24mg liquid gives me more nicotine than the newports did.

Parliments, I do not believe are nearly as "strong" as newports.. The only stronger cigarette I ever remember smoking was viceroy.. I am able to smoke without a filter like it's fresh air.. I've smoked far far too much.

But these guys they're telling you right. Everyone is wildly different when it comes to this (from everything I've read).

Even on this 22mg cheap juice I can vape myself into light headedness.
It would take a half a pack of newports within an hour to do that.. maybe more

Every morning I wake up and vape myself out of that GRRRRRRRR MDK MDK MDK (MURDER DEATH KILL) feeling and I'm still just amazed. I never would have imagined I could wake up without a cigarette and not break everything and kill everyone.

Just this morning I'm sitting in the living room waking up and marveling at how I'm not really smoking. I just could not believe it.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
As others noted, necessary nic varies. I tried the 16-18 mg/ml, still smoked some. Got the 24 strength, stopped smoking.

I smoked camel shorts (nonfilters) a quarter century, before changing to mainly Marlboro reds for a decade.

For me, I like the KR808D-1 e-cigarettes -- I use one from NHaler, bought another one from Vapor4Life (their "VaporKing") for a friend. With a PCC you can go a decent time without power (the PCC has its own battery to recharge the KR808D-1 batteries).

Good luck. Switching to vaping is very doable, with the right strength nicotine, for many people. I switched over in about 1 week, once I got the right kit and 24 mg liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread