Stuck nut on positive post on AGA-T+, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raid3n

Jan 29, 2010
Colorado
The title more or less says it all, I got an AGA-T+ from MyVaporStore today and what should be the center nut is stuck on the post and I am unable to get it off. I believe the threading is bad, and from what I've seen it probably won't be a surprise to some. I have tried taking pliers to it to unscrew it but the post will start to spin along with it. I then took a pair of tweezers to hold the bottom nut in an attempt to see if that would undo it and no go on that front either. Now that nut is stuck near the top of the post and I am unable to screw it down now either. It is well and truly stuck at this point.

Has anyone else had this issue before, and if you did what did you do to fix it? Thanks!

Raid3n

Jan 29, 2010
Colorado
Alright, so here's a picture. The bottom nut does screw up, but the problem is I think THAT one is too big, because it freely moves, regardless of me tightening or loosening it. I tried to push the pin down and use pliers on the other side but it doesn't come out enough for me to get a good enough grip on the pin. 2013-10-21 20.54.52.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread