Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I just can't get off the cigs....don't get me wrong, I love vaping (when it doesn't choke the crap outta me), but I do both cigs and vaping...I guess I gotta give it time.

practice with lower wattage, and small draws mouth first before inhale.

R2sojr

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2015
Natrona Heights PA
I started with a kanger subox mini...baked on that awhile...I have a box mod now with a tfv4...it's not choking me all the time...Just sometimes at night and first thing in the morning...I think it's congestion....being sick the past week didn't help.

Try drinking some water before in the am to moisten your throat. I gotta do it every morning or I cough.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
What's the thread for those who still smoke? My wife still struggles :(

Still smoking support and chat thread

for me quitting smoking didn't just involve the gear. so when I wanted a cig, I vaped for a little while first, then if I still wanted the cig I had half a cig. for instance the first cig of the day was hard for me to give up. so I made myself vape for 10 min, then had the cig. after a few days I had to wait 20 min while I vaped. and so on. I think it was just a week or two before my first cig of the day was at 2:00
PM. anyway it worked for me.

Reactions: jjatl

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Box - Type?
Wattage Applied?
TFV4 - What coil/Ohms?

First you say when it doesn't choke the crap out of you, then you say you don't cough much. :blink:

Believe it or not, the Devil is in the Details.
1) Could be wrong air adjustments
2) Could Be Coil Temp(watts)

Not wanting to Smoke is a mindset. To stop, the first thing you have to do is Seriously want to.
How long did/have you smoked?

Something as simple as bumping the Bic to 9mg might help, but first I'd figure out the Cough trigger and correct it.
With airy tanks, I find to low power causes thicker a(wet) vape that can easily cause a cough reaction.

When you first start to vape in the a.m., do not try to inhale. Puff and exhale the first draw or two to let the coil come up to working temp and remove excess liquid from the coil.

Reactions: jjatl

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I just can't get off the cigs....don't get me wrong, I love vaping (when it doesn't choke the crap outta me), but I do both cigs and vaping...I guess I gotta give it time.

I started with a kanger subox mini...baked on that awhile...I have a box mod now with a tfv4...it's not choking me all the time...Just sometimes at night and first thing in the morning...I think it's congestion....being sick the past week didn't help.
I can't hit my sub-ohm setups first thing in the morning. Just too much of a hit to take. And the TFV4 is a monster - one that I wouldn't want to be my first hit of the morning, kinda like I can't hit my Crown then either. Consider getting something like a Subtank Mini or a Nautilus Mini to use for those times, where you can run 1+Ω coils and do lighter hits.

MikeTay9779

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2015
Box - Type?
Wattage Applied?
TFV4 - What coil/Ohms?

First you say when it doesn't choke the crap out of you, then you say you don't cough much. :blink:

Believe it or not, the Devil is in the Details.
1) Could be wrong air adjustments
2) Could Be Coil Temp(watts)

My box mod is unregulated parallel 18650...there is no wattage...it's what the batteries give me...I could figure it out, but I'm not (probably around 70)....I have a TFV4 tank with air holes open all the way...I use the single and dual rba for the TFV4 and I wrap my coils at .5ohms...it is not everyday that it chokes me (I have a Kanger Subox Mini kit with the rba wrapped at .5ohms and use it at 25 to 28 watts)....it is just some days...I think that it is due to congestion as the winter is not nice to me in that respect....also when I got sick I couldn't taste and it's not enjoyable to vape if you can't taste so I smoke more...does this answer...I thought all the details were given within the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread