Study: E-Cigarette Use Reduces Exposure To Harmful Chemicals Almost As Much As Stopping Entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
Sadly, the study will not be taken seriously because of this: "Fontem Ventures is a leading manufacturer of electronic cigarettes, so the motivations behind the study probably warrant rigorous examination. The long-term health effects of vaping are still not well-known."

With all things tobacco related (or in the case of e-cigs not) industry sponsored no matter how rigorously examined gets tossed in the bin as a fallacy because all of the stuff the tobacco companies did in the past.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
It's funny...people have made up their mind, one way or the other. And it seems like few are even open to the discussion.

My wife, for instance. She will not even listen to the argument. She just assumes that any study or data the proves how innocuous ecigs are is tainted and/or false. Most everyone else I know is as well. They REFUSE to even listen to the argument. I think that most, on either side, are the same way.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
She just assumes that any study or data the proves how innocuous ecigs are is tainted and/or false.

One could, with the same reasoning, say that the ANTZ studies are tainted and/or false. In fact, they're jobs and grants depend on how they spin their studies. You could say "You're right, I'll go back to smoking" :- )

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
It's funny...people have made up their mind, one way or the other. And it seems like few are even open to the discussion.

My wife, for instance. She will not even listen to the argument. She just assumes that any study or data the proves how innocuous ecigs are is tainted and/or false. Most everyone else I know is as well. They REFUSE to even listen to the argument. I think that most, on either side, are the same way.

I'd argue with that. In the several years I've watched this unfold; I've found that most hard core, long-term vaping hobbyists are more concerned with the health aspect of it than any ANTZ would or could ever be and tend to take ~reputable~ studies very seriously.

As for the non-hardcore vapers, well, they tend to fall in line with what gets pushed from the hardcore vaping side of it. That's why this has worked so well without the FDA sticking their noses into it.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Sadly, the study will not be taken seriously because of this: "Fontem Ventures is a leading manufacturer of electronic cigarettes, so the motivations behind the study probably warrant rigorous examination. The long-term health effects of vaping are still not well-known."

With all things tobacco related (or in the case of e-cigs not) industry sponsored no matter how rigorously examined gets tossed in the bin as a fallacy because all of the stuff the tobacco companies did in the past.
When scientific research reports something important it's incumbant on the doubters to either show flaws in the methodology or repeat the experiment and offer their own results. If neither of these happens and the study is still dismissed we have left the realm of science and entered the zone of corruption and self interest.

Fortunately the vapiing controversy is entirely free of liars, hypocrites, corruption or conflict of interest. Right?

Reactions: Painter_

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
If neither of these happens and the study is still dismissed we have left the realm of science and entered the zone of corruption and self interest.

Fortunately the vapiing controversy is entirely free of liars, hypocrites, corruption or conflict of interest. Right?

There is a segment of public health that is far outside of the realm of science that they have entered the realm of religion.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Reactions: Jingles

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'd argue with that. In the several years I've watched this unfold; I've found that most hard core, long-term vaping hobbyists are more concerned with the health aspect of it than any ANTZ would or could ever be and tend to take ~reputable~ studies very seriously.

As for the non-hardcore vapers, well, they tend to fall in line with what gets pushed from the hardcore vaping side of it. That's why this has worked so well without the FDA sticking their noses into it.
The ANTZ didn't give a rat's behind about my health when I was smoking. Now that I'm not paying cigarette taxes my health keeps them awake at night with worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread