Status
Not open for further replies.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Here is a stumpy that someone on the forum took a slice out of the insulator to bottom feed.
atty bf conversion.jpg

Reactions: StephL535

Chips177

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2014
Slidell, LA
Go to the Catfish Atty thread here at ECF...he has them...just received the gold Stumpy bottom fed.

I really wish I could, but a military salary supporting a family of five...I just can't justify that over an atty that I already have in hand that only cost me $8. I'm really limited to the ones I currently have for a while.

Reactions: element77

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I really wish I could, but a military salary supporting a family of five...I just can't justify that over an atty that I already have in hand that only cost me $8. I'm really limited to the ones I currently have for a while.

You can send it to Tom...he will bottom feed it....others have sent in atty's to bottom feed. I would ask him anyway. If you need his email address PM me...he doesn't do the PM system here.

Reactions: Marc411

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I agree with inspects and puffon... these guys mod attys everyday. Cutting insulators is never a good idea. They're "insulators" after all. Best case for the Stumpy is getting the copper pin out all together and swapping it for ss. Most of us in the squonker world steer away from copper or brass being in constant contact with our juice.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Get your hands on a Dremel with a cutter bit and cut two nice channels into the 510 pin. Thin down the balance of the pin with a grinder bit. Install, squonk, vape. Here are some pics.
b6be5ca80f3529db0a1c5eaad8605a5e.jpg
237cc02474cf5ff0792d853da20cdb5f.jpg
9f081a675e4fc7c19bc5d86fbc3d1d7c.jpg

This pic is a Fat Daddy pin that I used on one. You have to grind the head of the pin down as it is very high to start. I don't know if FD has different pins now. The issue here is leveling. If the pin is not level your atty will not be level when you put it on your REO clone.
d4c32ddcb725d7df61f0665270990cb8.jpg

The size of your hole in your deck will be a tad smaller than the size of the 510 connection. Take some drill bits and put them into the connector and see which one has the best fit. Use one that is slightly smaller than the 510 housing that the pin screws into. Remove the insulator so you don't tear it up with the drill bit.Drilling metal is not fun. Go slow and lubricate with water. Apply enough pressure as to not snap your drill bit. So drill your deck hole from the bottom. Go slowly.

Last edited:

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Cutting the insulators works fine. No power tools, no drill press, just a utility knife or small scissors. The amount cut out in the picture is perfect. I did this with two Magma clones and they work great. You may have to squeeze the bottle a little more slowly and longer to get the right juice flow because you don't have the straight shot that a drilled center pin gives you.

I just bought a Wen rotary tool and ordered a Dremel drill press. Just so I can modify drippers that cost less than 10 bucks. Proof that squonking causes dain bramage.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Cutting the insulators works fine. No power tools, no drill press, just a utility knife or small scissors. The amount cut out in the picture is perfect. I did this with two Magma clones and they work great. You may have to squeeze the bottle a little more slowly and longer to get the right juice flow because you don't have the straight shot that a drilled center pin gives you.

I just bought a Wen rotary tool and ordered a Dremel drill press. Just so I can modify drippers that cost less than 10 bucks. Proof that squonking causes dain bramage.
Just my opinion but I would not be telling people to cut insulators to bottom feed attys. I really really really would not.

Chips177

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2014
Slidell, LA
Get your hands on a Dremel with a cutter bit and cut two nice channels into the 510 pin. Thin down the balance of the pin with a grinder bit. Install, squonk, vape. Here are some pics.
b6be5ca80f3529db0a1c5eaad8605a5e.jpg
237cc02474cf5ff0792d853da20cdb5f.jpg
9f081a675e4fc7c19bc5d86fbc3d1d7c.jpg

This pic is a Fat Daddy pin that I used on one. You have to grind the head of the pin down as it is very high to start. I don't know if FD has different pins now. The issue here is leveling. If the pin is not level your atty will not be level when you put it on your REO clone.
d4c32ddcb725d7df61f0665270990cb8.jpg

The size of your hole in your deck will be a tad smaller than the size of the 510 connection. Take some drill bits and put them into the connector and see which one has the best fit. Use one that is slightly smaller than the 510 housing that the pin screws into. Remove the insulator so you don't tear it up with the drill bit.Drilling metal is not fun. Go slow and lubricate with water. Apply enough pressure as to not snap your drill bit. So drill your deck hole from the bottom. Go slowly.

Is there any way you could link me to the right Fat Daddy pin? Lets just say I had a slight 510 pin snappage while drilling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread