FDA stupidity of all of this nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
im getting really sick of this nonsense. the general public really thinks that a glass tank needs to be regulated? when it comes down it; all it is is glass, metal, wire, and cotton. so are people really going to allow these items to be regulated, controlled, or somehow banned when they cannot ban the individual components? batteries, used in other devices like flashlights when it comes down to it they are not exclusive to vaping. a mod, its just a power supply. nicotine is found in allot more then just tobacco, eggplant and tomatoes come to mind. i have been vaping almost since the very beginning of the technology being on the market, around 2009 or so i started playing around with it. when i had my first 510 joye cig-a-like i knew we were onto a revolutionary technology and it would be only a matter of time before it caught on. i had no idea the technology would have moved forward as fast as it has. government regulation could easily make it so none of what we have available today would exist. i just bought a kanger dripbox 160, and i all i have to say is WOW. for a little over $60 i have this amazing device that puts out multiples more vapor then the early stuff, and i was paid $200+ for a provari back in the day. i thought it was the cat's meow, with variable voltage and doubted that would have easily been surpassed. the dripbox is far superior to that early provari in every way. i cannot imagine all of these wonderful products being taken away.

i really dont see how this can stick. the cat has long since been let out of the bag. there are too many people vaping, too many people that have quit smoking in exchange for something far less dangerous. i think if this BS passes as it stands right now, its going to be a bloodbath. do you think that millions of vapers are just going to hand over their mods? are they out of their minds?

[Removed] people directly responsible for attempting to regulate this product out of existence should be put on trial as criminals. that's exactly what they are. they and the media have already committed murder. how many smokers would have gone to vaping that are still smoking because the media told them it was bad. i have heard people say to me, your still smoking..... including my own mother, really pisses me off. misinformation and lies can kill people. this technology will save lives if it hasnt already and we just dont know it yet. how many people that converted to vaping 6 years ago would have developed lung or throat cancer, copd, emphysema, or heart attacks. 6 years is a long time, and 6 years of abstaining from cigarettes very well might have already saved lives. we will never know because those people are still living and are not statistics.

i do not have allot of money to aid this cause, i have donated to casa on several occasions. i hope there are some people with big pockets within the industry that will act. i cannot understand WHY this is allowed in the first place? why is this country made up of sheep

eliminate the FDA on the basis of being morally bankrupt and not doing their jobs. they allow cigarettes to be sold un-mollested but want to eliminate the #1 product that eliminates smoking

sorry for the rant, i just cant wrap my head around it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
eliminate the FDA on the basis of being morally bankrupt and not doing their jobs. they allow cigarettes to be sold un-mollested but want to eliminate the #1 product that eliminates smoking
The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, which gives the FDA the authority to "regulate" tobacco products explicitly prohibits the FDA from doing much of anything to any tobacco product that was on the market back in February of 2007. There's a reason some call it the "Marlboro Protection Act".

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, which gives the FDA the authority to "regulate" tobacco products explicitly prohibits the FDA from doing much of anything to any tobacco product that was on the market back in February of 2007. There's a reason some call it the "Marlboro Protection Act".

was the intention strictly to allow the attack on vaping. why the 2007 grandfather date? like cigarettes themselves werent dangerous before 2007. right

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
was the intention strictly to allow the attack on vaping. why the 2007 grandfather date? like cigarettes themselves werent dangerous before 2007. right
I don't think vaping was on really on anyone's radar when the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act was drafted and negotiated. IIRC, the February of 2007 was when the Act was introduced in Congress.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
all i have to say is good luck regulating batteries, cotton, wire, metal, glass, LCD displays, PG, VG, food grade flavorings, ect. at some point i think some judge will hopefully tell the FDA to knock it off and go sit in the corner with a dunce cap. if this eventually passes they will be successful. successful in creating a trench coat, mini-van trunk black market. i read that in the 499 page regulation document that they will step up enforcement. great so they will throw millions in jail that refuse to put down their mod and go pick up a nice, shrink wrapped package of eventual death and diseases. how many people that vape lost a loved one to smoking. i watched my wife's best friends mother die at the ripe old age of 60. chain smoker, 60 isnt old anymore. i really dont think people are going to give up their mods willing and match down to the gas station like drones buying cigarettes. the same as people still smoke a leafy green substance that was banned 70 some years ago, the same as people still drank alcohol during the prohibition. as far as a cig-a-like, no hard-core vaper is going to use those things

Reactions: seminolewind

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
so they will throw millions in jail that refuse to put down their mod and go pick up a nice, shrink wrapped package of eventual death and diseases.
No, nothing in the FDA's regulations criminalizes possession of any so-called "tobacco product" for personal use.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Last warning. Keep the over the top rhetoric out of it.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
i watched a video, right2besmoke free is suing the FDA. is this an organization that i should donate to, im not in the best of shape money wise but vaping has benefited both my wife and i greatly. i am ...... off with these FDA regs. i like the idea that someone is suing these clowns. i used to donate $10 to casa per month but money got tight. this industry needs to fight for survival. our right to vape MUST continue to be unmolested

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
i watched a video, right2besmoke free is suing the FDA. is this an organization that i should donate to, im not in the best of shape money wise but vaping has benefited both my wife and i greatly. i am ...... off with these FDA regs. i like the idea that someone is suing these clowns. i used to donate $10 to casa per month but money got tight. this industry needs to fight for survival. our right to vape MUST continue to be unmolested
Yes.
:thumb:

Those that can afford to do so certainly should.
Those that can't should give at least one dollar if not five.

If we all did that, we may never have gotten into this mess.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
what organization is going to be the best bang for the buck if want to contribute but dont have a ton of money. is right2besmokefree one of the organizations suing? is casaa suing. i want these clowns thoroughly sued. i won the lotto i would sue them myself

Something to consider...

https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/right-to-vape-campaign-benefiting-ava-and-r2bsf

The money goes to the American Vaping Association and right2besmokefree.

A message from AVA President, Greg Conley:

Over $60,000 Raised for AVA & R2BSF in Online Fundraiser - American Vaping Association

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
all i have to say is good luck regulating batteries, cotton, wire, metal, glass, LCD displays, PG, VG, food grade flavorings, ect. at some point i think some judge will hopefully tell the FDA to knock it off and go sit in the corner with a dunce cap. if this eventually passes they will be successful. successful in creating a trench coat, mini-van trunk black market. i read that in the 499 page regulation document that they will step up enforcement. great so they will throw millions in jail that refuse to put down their mod and go pick up a nice, shrink wrapped package of eventual death and diseases. how many people that vape lost a loved one to smoking. i watched my wife's best friends mother die at the ripe old age of 60. chain smoker, 60 isnt old anymore. i really dont think people are going to give up their mods willing and match down to the gas station like drones buying cigarettes. the same as people still smoke a leafy green substance that was banned 70 some years ago, the same as people still drank alcohol during the prohibition. as far as a cig-a-like, no hard-core vaper is going to use those things

I do hope you're right. That much regulation could put 95 million Americans back to work…with us vapers payin' for it.

G'luck. :)

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
im getting really sick of this nonsense. the general public really thinks that a glass tank needs to be regulated? when it comes down it; all it is is glass, metal, wire, and cotton. so are people really going to allow these items to be regulated, controlled, or somehow banned when they cannot ban the individual components? batteries, used in other devices like flashlights when it comes down to it they are not exclusive to vaping. a mod, its just a power supply. nicotine is found in allot more then just tobacco, eggplant and tomatoes come to mind. i have been vaping almost since the very beginning of the technology being on the market, around 2009 or so i started playing around with it. when i had my first 510 joye cig-a-like i knew we were onto a revolutionary technology and it would be only a matter of time before it caught on. i had no idea the technology would have moved forward as fast as it has. government regulation could easily make it so none of what we have available today would exist. i just bought a kanger dripbox 160, and i all i have to say is WOW. for a little over $60 i have this amazing device that puts out multiples more vapor then the early stuff, and i was paid $200+ for a provari back in the day. i thought it was the cat's meow, with variable voltage and doubted that would have easily been surpassed. the dripbox is far superior to that early provari in every way. i cannot imagine all of these wonderful products being taken away.

i really dont see how this can stick. the cat has long since been let out of the bag. there are too many people vaping, too many people that have quit smoking in exchange for something far less dangerous. i think if this BS passes as it stands right now, its going to be a bloodbath. do you think that millions of vapers are just going to hand over their mods? are they out of their minds?

[Removed] people directly responsible for attempting to regulate this product out of existence should be put on trial as criminals. that's exactly what they are. they and the media have already committed murder. how many smokers would have gone to vaping that are still smoking because the media told them it was bad. i have heard people say to me, your still smoking..... including my own mother, really pisses me off. misinformation and lies can kill people. this technology will save lives if it hasnt already and we just dont know it yet. how many people that converted to vaping 6 years ago would have developed lung or throat cancer, copd, emphysema, or heart attacks. 6 years is a long time, and 6 years of abstaining from cigarettes very well might have already saved lives. we will never know because those people are still living and are not statistics.

i do not have allot of money to aid this cause, i have donated to casa on several occasions. i hope there are some people with big pockets within the industry that will act. i cannot understand WHY this is allowed in the first place? why is this country made up of sheep

sorry for the rant, i just cant wrap my head around it.

You are saying everything we are all saying or thinking. They did pass a regulation that they will have problems enforcing. To fine you for having nicotine would involve testing the liquid found with you. Nuts.

*Is there any specific language FDA used for selling or buying or possessing vaper products? Or did they cover that all? What if you're carrying but not using at the moment? What if all parts are in pieces and your e-liquid is marked "baking" or "hand lotion?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread