Sub-ohm and cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Sounds alot like Big tobacco propaganda again. I haven't seen a report anywhere that says the 2 are linked. Nicotine doesn't cause cancer either. Who benefits from saying that vaping would cause cancer? It just pisses me off to no end that people say such nonsense when they can't prove it. If they want to link dry burns in a vaporizer with lymphoma then I guess you could if you want to experiment on monkeys and blow burning cotton smoke at them all day. I do know that if you're smoking cotton all day, you probably will get cancer with a ton of other problems.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've yet to hear this claim.

I sometimes have to consider, on the average, sub ohmers tend to hold vapor in the lungs 4-5x longer at a higher temp than MTL users.

I'm sure the good Dr. F is on the case right now.

Edit: 18mg helps to keep me from smoking.

Last edited:

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
    Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    I saw an advisory warning that sub-ohm vapor has cancer causing chemicals due to the heat. Is this actually true? I have been using the Kanger Subtanks and the Herakles for months now. Even if true, how would they compare to cigarette cancer risks.

Sub-ohm helps keep me off cigarettes.
    How about a broken link? I kinda want to see this.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I saw an advisory warning that sub-ohm vapor has cancer causing chemicals due to the heat. Is this actually true? I have been using the Kanger Subtanks and the Herakles for months now. Even if true, how would they compare to cigarette cancer risks.

Gilligan; its not the Sub Ohm. It is the HEAT and over cooking your ejuice.

I have to stay away from Nickel because of an allergy.

I would recommend people to ditch Nickel because in wattage mode the Nickel can oxidize.

I wish my Istick 40 TC would do temp control with Stainless steel or Titanium wire.

I was watching a YouTube video about a company trying to build a mod that will do Temperature control with Kanthal.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

The temperature of the wire in a sub-ohm setup may actually be lower than with say a 2 ohm setup. There is really no connection between resistance and wire temperature. There is a connection between wire gauge, resistance and watts that influences wire temperature, but at least these three variables need to be taken into account.

Ultimately, if you get your wire temperature high enough to burn juice you will create something less healthy than un-burnt juice. You will notice burnt juice from the taste/smell.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Fact........
    Lack of Coolant(e-liquid) and Air Flow can cause EXCESSIVE HEAT.

Fact.............
    An Extreme Sub-ohm TC coil (like .076) can deliver a Very cool Vape.

Misuse of Terms leads to misunderstanding of Risk.

High Heat can cause chemical reactions that create other high risk chemicals.
    This does not require Sub-ohm application, though using sub-ohm devices may increase risk.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    www.rpad.tv
    That makes sense to a certain degree. Sub-ohm vaping tends to create more heat, if you heat it to a point where the juice or wicks combust you are going to be subjected to the chemicals created by the aforementioned combustion.

If you're cranking out enough wattage where your juice is combusting, I'm pretty sure you have other problems. I've never seen this happen, even at cloud comps.

SpaceApe

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    If you're cranking out enough wattage where your juice is combusting, I'm pretty sure you have other problems. I've never seen this happen, even at cloud comps.

Maybe I should have been more specific and said start to combust. Burning is a part of combustion and we all know burnt juice and wicks happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread