Sub ohm coil priming question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Normally i start soaking the cotton in the center of the coil until the side holes appear wet with juice. I then put a drop or 2 in each side hole then go back to putting juice in the center until i start to see juice drip out of the bottom. Is there a way to properly soak the coil without having to flood it each time as i do?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You shouldn't have to flood it in order to prime it. The sides with a couple of drops and the center portion one time should be good enough.

Then fill the tank. Put it back on the mod and before opening the air holes take a couple of puffs without pushing the fire button. Then open the air holes and turn down the watts and start slowly taking puffs. Move the watts up slowly take a couple puffs, up the watts again, etc. This is also good for the coil to heat up slowly at first and the metal to become stable. From then on find your sweet spot and vape as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

:)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Normally i start soaking the cotton in the center of the coil until the side holes appear wet with juice. I then put a drop or 2 in each side hole then go back to putting juice in the center until i start to see juice drip out of the bottom. Is there a way to properly soak the coil without having to flood it each time as i do?
Some folks have had some success by filling tank up just past half way.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
+1. Listen to @Sugar_and_Spice as this is good advice. Another method is to put a half inch of juice in a shot glass and drop the coil in it for a while. Messy though, and not really necessary. Hitting it with a few drops and then taking some priming puffs works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread