Sub ohm tank that doesn't leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I'm using genuine Kangertech Subtank Nano. I have been through 4 or 5 tanks full of juice on it so far which is a 50/50 ratio (Spacejam Eclipse) and sometimes carry it in a jacket pocket and ride my bicycle to and from work and ZERO leakage so far.

As a bonus the flavour and vapur production, density and smoothness is fantastic and I literally cannot even imagine it being any better.

I vape the .5ohm coil (comes with a second coil at 1.2ohm) between 20-30 watts and mostly using the largest airhole.

Quality product and build. COmes with spare set of o-rings and spare glass also, mid level price and cannot re-build but I'm not into that, so no problems there for me, just pop in new head when old one done.

I like Kangertech. I use their genuine EVOD's for my lighter daily vaping and they do no leak either and I use them everyday riding my bike 6 miles. Tried clones and they leak. Genuine Kanger products have made my vaping life much much better.

Not sure what the new JANTY one tank is like but I also always found their genuine non cloned products (when I was using ego-t then ego-c and their XL cartos) top notch as well and non leaky.

Yeah basically only really used JANTY / OVALE and KANGER for any amount of time and never once been disappointed with either company. I may have come in lucky though starting my sub ohm vaping with the NANO OCC VC tanks as I believe the earlier subtanks and subtank mini's did leak a bit.

The new NANO tanks only hold 3ml but they literally will not leak even if I shake it around and as I said the taste and production is lovely. Just dropped my EVOD on the table and it rolled off to the floor. No leak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

max the fax

Nov 11, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Im on a kanger subtank mini and the thing just randomly leaks all the time... cant figure out what is causing it but its really annoying... seems like a lot of other people have the same problem... starting to wish i went with another unit... but its a lot of money to drop seeing as my kanger works perfectly fine otherwise.

Reactions: David Wolf

billgharley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2015
Upstate NY, USA
Im on a kanger subtank mini and the thing just randomly leaks all the time... cant figure out what is causing it but its really annoying... seems like a lot of other people have the same problem... starting to wish i went with another unit... but its a lot of money to drop seeing as my kanger works perfectly fine otherwise.
Are you using the OCC coils or RBA deck? Note that I have the RBA deck v2. Juice flow so much better than the original.

billgharley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2015
Upstate NY, USA

Possibly a stupid question, but have you checked the o-rings? Replaced them? Are they sealing well?

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
Tanks I have had zero issues with.

Kangertech Mini Tank with stock coils. When RBA section you have to build it right, but have gotten to the point of no leaks
30 watts generally on stock coils, 15 watts on RBA builds currently.

Aspire Atlantis V2 - Stock coils works fantastic, never had ANY leaks with heavier VG based juices. Now I have noticed it will spit/drizzle with thinner juices, but if you like foggin' it, 30/70 and up don't leak and it wicks very well. I usually run it around 30w for my speed.

Aspire Triton - Stock coils work fantastic as with the Atlantis (same coils) Only difference I noted was the flavor is muted. RBA section is OK. Flavor is better, but for a rebuildable IMO it's not great, just good.

Obviously my opinion may not be like others, but maybe this will help :)

Good luck to you.

Reactions: Katya

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
im looking for a sub ohm tank with good cloud production, good flavor, and doesn't leak like the subtank' by Kanger. They seem to leak like a sieve outside of the air holes, and under no matter what I do. No o rinks, still leaks. Nothing works. So, time to move on to a better tank.
What power and what pg/vg juice are you using? My subtank mini leaked during the warm summer whether I used the 1.2 ohm stock coils or RBA V2 deck with the two huge wick holes on the side, after my liquid got around halfway down vaping mouth to lung at 12w with thinner 70pg/30vg juice. I just ordered the original RBA deck with the narrow bottom wick slots to see if that stops the leaking out the air holes. Tested the seals, that's not the problem this design isn't good for my style and liquid with the stock coils or RBA V2 deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread