Sub ohm tank that doesn't leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max the fax

Nov 11, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
tanks I have had zero issues with.

Kangertech Mini Tank with stock coils. When RBA section you have to build it right, but have gotten to the point of no leaks
30 watts generally on stock coils, 15 watts on RBA builds currently.

Aspire Atlantis V2 - Stock coils works fantastic, never had ANY leaks with heavier VG based juices. Now I have noticed it will spit/drizzle with thinner juices, but if you like foggin' it, 30/70 and up don't leak and it wicks very well. I usually run it around 30w for my speed.

Aspire Triton - Stock coils work fantastic as with the Atlantis (same coils) Only difference I noted was the flavor is muted. RBA section is OK. Flavor is better, but for a rebuildable IMO it's not great, just good.

Obviously my opinion may not be like others, but maybe this will help :)

Good luck to you.

i have had the spitting problem sometimes as well... im using 70vg but the spitting comes and goes.... not sure why... got a longer tip on it now... which seems to be helping.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
The O rings seem to be fine... its actually leaking out the air intake holes from what i can see..

Then you seem to have a coil issue? Are you using the coils it came with? RDA deck? I have 4 Kanger subtanks and none of them leak, or ever have for that matter. Been 7 to 8 months on them without problem one.

I know that doesn't help, but....

max the fax

Nov 11, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Then you seem to have a coil issue? Are you using the coils it came with? RDA deck? I have 4 Kanger subtanks and none of them leak, or ever have for that matter. Been 7 to 8 months on them without problem one.

I know that doesn't help, but....
I have used the RDA and the RBA and still same problem with both.

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
I think what peeps are trying to say that most modern subohm tanks don't generally leak as a rule unless something is wrong I have 6 subohm tanks in rotation and five rta's only one leaves a small puddle and that's the Aromamizer because I store them upside down and it's the best at wicking so a little runs out the chimney when it's left over night. On my STM the orings on the actual coil are a bit stubborn sometimes and need a good amount of pressure when screwing them down.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
I have used the RDA and the RBA and still same problem with both.

The only reason I can think of is a vacuum leak of some sort. These days, a good percentage of tanks, use vacuum to draw juice into the coil. If a leak is present, that seal is broken and pressure will allow the juice to seep through the path of least resistance and that's usually the coil and base. It would probably be hard to find exactly where unless it's a big one.

Huehugh

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
I have 3 kanger subtank minis and a handful of Nanos. They all leak! And it doesn't have anything to do with o rings. The problem is the e liquid heating up. I leave my rigs in the car and go to the beach all the time. When my juice heats up it almost becomes like water. Kills my coils all the time and leaks like a mother.

Reactions: David Wolf

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
The problem is the e liquid heating up. I leave my rigs in the car and go to the beach all the time. When my juice heats up it almost becomes like water. Kills my coils all the time and leaks like a mother.

Pretty common problem with most tanks from my experience. Any tank that displaces liquid with air will have an issue with juice expansion in a high heat environment.

You can "usually" save the coil by blowing any excess juice out of it.

Reactions: David Wolf

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi, I know of a GREAT tank you can Sub Ohm on and it does not leak a bit and has great flavor! Right now I'm vaping at .4 ohms and 30 watts and it's perfect!! it is not what you consider a sub ohm tank, meaning it does not take Pre Made store bought coils but it's a VERY easy tank to build on! it is a dual coil RDTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) it comes with 2 large glass tanks that hold a lot of juice (about 6 ml) it has plenty of air flow with 4 large adjustable air holes. the tank is titanium. you are able to refill juice and change wick or work on your build without dumping your juice.This tank is capable of vaping at higher wattage without getting ANY dry hits.I have tried ALOTof atomizers and it's one of the best. loads of flavor and great vapor production! the atomizers is made by Steam Crave and it's called The Aromamizer. you can get a authentic one for around 48 dollars. you will actually SAVE money by not having to buy premade coils and your coils will last a LOT longer than premade ones. It's something to think about if you do decide to build your own coils, this is a great atomizer to get. the build is easy as well as the wicking. hope this helps a bit. best wishes.

Reactions: Glinda

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
When the weather is hot and you're vaping high PG liquids, most tanks will leak somewhat. I remember a cpl years back I was living in Shanghai, China. Was vaping Dekang 100% Pg juices. Up until summer they did not leak. Then the weather hit over 40 degrees Celsius and my evods leaked half a tank per night when I was in bed and the juice spat really hot when I vaped....

Maybe try 50VG/50PG...?

I've dropped my subtank nano from hand height several times now on hardwood floors and it still hasn't broken or leaked. I'm a clumsy man. A tiny chip off the glass that fits into the o-ring but still works fine and it currently has a juice so runny that when I pull the glass dripper out of the bottle, the juice runs right out of it without me even squeezing the rubber top.

All that said, I can only assume anyone else with a subtank Nano that leaks a lot is either vaping 100% or maybe 85% Pg or is using a cloned tank passed off for a genuine one... If mine that has been dropped so many times and is full of a super runny juice is not leaking, either kanger have QC issues or people might have clones... That's why I'm hesitant to order tanks and coils online as have got clones in the past that were being sold as the real thing by popular online vendors no less. I'll pay a bit more and go into a local BnM I trust and at least if I get a clone (easy to tell when you have a real one at hand to compare to) I'll tell them so and demand a refund....

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
im looking for a sub ohm tank with good cloud production, good flavor, and doesn't leak like the subtank' by Kanger. They seem to leak like a sieve outside of the air holes, and under no matter what I do. No o rinks, still leaks. Nothing works. So, time to move on to a better tank.

After several months of using different RTA's i've decided my (Youde) Zephyrus is my favourite.

As far as rebuildable RTA's go the Zephyrus is purpose built for and has enough space for 4 coils. It produces pretty big clouds at 40 watts. It doesn't leak as long as the tank is empty when being filled. And the flavour is just fine. I'm using 24g kanthal with an ohm'age of 0.18. Perhaps i could squeeze in some 22g kanthal when i get some. It wicks well too with 4 coils surprisingly enough, I didn't think it would. Has plenty of airflow, much more than most RTA's. It's brilliant !.

Drop down to "** Start here..." if TL;DR is a concern :)

I'm new to this forum, so - "Hey there, fellow-vapers" and all that ;-) Apologies for unabridged-verbosity - perhaps it reads quickly though? lol..
Before I started sub-ohming, I was dealing with a very leaky twin-coil tank arrangement, with a decent VV batt (eGo?) and lots of leak and gurgle... After a lot of googling and sorting through Youtube vids I made a huge discovery that really reduced the leaking problems (again, a very leak-prone tank)
- #1 most important is - the more air in the tank (less juice) the greater the leaking problems. The air expands with heat and seems to force more liquid in to the center/airflow-tube, causing gurgling and dripping as well. Of course it sucks to consider that you need to keep a tank "topped up", and I am talking about never less than 1/2 to 2/3 full in that leaky tank. I believe you'll find that leaking is reduced considerably with a half-to-full tank, relative to half-to-empty. Again - this was with a very leaky, somewhat poorly-designed tank that depended upon a traditional-style cartomizer with tiny hole or two in the sides... Anyway - since then...
- #2 I discovered the o-ring, compression-style screw-down designs (what most folks here are undoubtedly familiar with). Since I was already disciplined to keep the tank topped-up/mostly-full - I experienced very few problems with leaks, using tanks like the Kanger Pro II and Pro III... still not sub-ohm, but at least only minor "juice on the outside" lol... then I discovered sub-ohm, and the..

** Start here if TL;DR is a slight issue **
Joyetech Delta II, SUB-OHM: I started using a Segelei 100W+ a while back, with a couple of Joyetech Delta II tanks and their (excellent) "LVC", Liquid Valve Control which is basically just a rotating band on the atomizer that allows one to adjust the size of the (3) holes that eJuice passes through in to the atomizer-head (great for sub-ohm, where increased watts can cause "dry" hits from a lack of sufficient juice to compensate for the coil's higher temperature) - i.e. when I crank up the watts I open the "valve" more to allow more juice to flow.... I actually prefer relatively low watts (25-30) and conserving juice with a longer, cooler draw (hard to do with 60 or 70+ watts). The Delta II has .3 and .5 ohm atomizers, AND an RBA (DIY) Atomizer head that has great reviews from what I've seen. The .5 ohm atomizers are fantastic imho, and they wear slowly as long as you don't fry them with high-watts and low-juice... I am going to build a few coils for the RBA head next week - an option if you're comfortable with a multi-meter and "checking things twice" as they say.

** Start HERE if TL-DR is a definite annoyance **
Anyway - the Joyetech Delta II has not leaked at all in nearly one month of use. I keep it at least half-filled at all times, out of habit and to lessen the "hot-air expansion" which is a known leak-contributor. I was BLOWN AWAY by how effortless and full the "draw", or intake/inhaling was - amazing to me after pulling on those cartomizers for years (I will NEVER go back to carts now!) The Delta II also has an airflow control, btw, which is a great feature too. I have NEVER had such huge CLOUDAGE (cloud-ij) as with this setup (Delta II and Segelei 100W+ set to conservative 25 or 30 watts) HUGE clouds, and no leaking juice all over the place. Still TL;DR? My humble apologies - it was my first post on the forum. I PROMISE to do better next time ;-) aprilia1k / Stephen * edit: I didn't mention juice. Still buying pre-made..my fav is on the "more watery side" for sure, and still no leaks so far. I do hope to try making my own PG/VG blend pretty soon though.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcfluegel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread