Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Very Happy with my uwell Crown No leaks no issues
ditto this - have a number of sub ohm tanks, including tfv4, atlantis 2 and mega, freemax and freemax pro, kanger sub, sub mini... really enjoy all of em, overall - some definitely more than others, lol - but most user friendly hands down - and amazing cloud/ flavor production - is uwell crown... have 3 of them now - definitely one of my faves

Reactions: Gfdeputy2

djaco27

Oct 25, 2015
I have a Bunch of tanks.. 4 of them are Kanger subtank mini. had a leaking problem with one. changed everything..still leaked.. brought to local shop and they changed everything..still leaked. then all of a sudden it stopped leaking and hasn't leaked again. I learned that slightly turning the glass while pushing over that top gasket created a better seal too. most all of my other tanks have leaked at one time or another. Mostly b/c I overfill. Also, don't lay them on their side.. learned that the hard way. My Aspire Triton (which has never leaked) soaked me and everything around me just a lil while ago.. Top fill had an air bubble and instead of going In tank the juice was pouring down middle tube and coming out of air hole. Paper towels are my best friend since picking up this hobby:)) good luck

Reactions: David Wolf

djaco27

Oct 25, 2015
t
try out the tfv4! it's leak resistance if you're willing drop the dough for replaceable coils, almost $5 each. but it comes with an RBA set as well if you're into that?

-themaxster
that thing is massive.. I looked at one today.. gonna add one to my stock soon...just b/c it looks like a monster.. the coils are bigger than some tanks out there

Reactions: SpartanM

SpartanM

Aug 22, 2015
t

that thing is massive.. I looked at one today.. gonna add one to my stock soon...just b/c it looks like a monster.. the coils are bigger than some tanks out there

Some people like it, but some people don't. I personally love it because the tfv4 naturally guzzles through so much juice so fast lol. it sits nicely on my IPv3 Li too! And the bigger the coil sections, the more variety/options to choose from even including a "massive" dual RBA deck!!

-themaxster

John Songer Jr

Nov 5, 2015
im looking for a sub ohm tank with good cloud production, good flavor, and doesn't leak like the subtank' by Kanger. They seem to leak like a sieve outside of the air holes, and under no matter what I do. No o rinks, still leaks. Nothing works. So, time to move on to a better tank.
I run a Playboy Vixen subtank and it has only leaked with a 70% PG liquid.

max the fax

Nov 11, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone have issues with the subtank mini using higher vg juice? lately i have been vaping the illusions taste of gods and its an 80vg juice with quite a sweet taste I Have been finding it really gunks up my coils and im getting burnt taste after about half a day when using new .5 occ coils and even the rba deck... Im thinking it is the juice because im not having that problem with other juice...

bendybelle

Aug 20, 2015
Im on a kanger subtank mini and the thing just randomly leaks all the time... cant figure out what is causing it but its really annoying... seems like a lot of other people have the same problem... starting to wish i went with another unit... but its a lot of money to drop seeing as my kanger works perfectly fine otherwise.
This is exactly the problem I'm having. And it doesn't matter the Gg/pg ratio I use. Even max Gg leaks. It's so frustrating.

bendybelle

Aug 20, 2015
Are you using the OCC coils or RBA deck? Note that I have the RBA deck v2. Juice flow so much better than the original.

I'm using the OCC coils. It's very hard for me to go down the rba decks road, with my fingers I doubt I could do my own coils and such (rare genetic disease leaves me super bendy, and painful)

bendybelle

Aug 20, 2015
I have 6 subtanks 2 are 7ml versions

Not one have EVER LEAKED

I would put any leaking down to user error

Also any leaks spoken about are the mini

Get yourself a subtank plus I guess
Even my subtank regular leaks out the holes more often than not. I usumed user error, but I checked, and double checked everything. I did find on Reddit where Kanger has acknowledged this somewhere, and will be selling a fix. I haven't seen another reference though. But, across Reddit it's been a problem even with some seasoned pros.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have 6 subtanks 2 are 7ml versions

Not one have EVER LEAKED

I would put any leaking down to user error

Also any leaks spoken about are the mini

Get yourself a subtank plus I guess

I have a mini--no leaks... Just reporting.

I'm not so sure about user error--you just install the coil head, fill the tank and vape. There's not much room for user error.

With the RBA deck, I would consider user error. But not with premade coils.

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
My subtank Nano is 6 weeks old now, still not one single leak, dropped it, carry it around when I'm cycling... and cleaned it several times and have only had two semi, mildly dry hits and that was trying to chain vape with SB Derailed which is around 80-90VG.... Take a draw without pressign the fire button through max airhole and that seems to take the dry hit taste out of the coil, tank and juice and then next hit is great.

A coil seems to last around 2-3 weeks, .5ohm at 30 watts....

I like it so much I'll probably buy another to have 2nd flavour option in as one flavour a day can get boring and cleaning that often is annoying.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I have a mini--no leaks... Just reporting.

I'm not so sure about user error--you just install the coil head, fill the tank and vape. There's not much room for user error.

With the RBA deck, I would consider user error. But not with premade coils.
You can screw the coil in to tight

The glass seals maybe not flush

RBA maybe thin juice not enough wick

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Even my subtank regular leaks out the holes more often than not. I usumed user error, but I checked, and double checked everything. I did find on Reddit where Kanger has acknowledged this somewhere, and will be selling a fix. I haven't seen another reference though. But, across Reddit it's been a problem even with some seasoned pros.
You've done your homework, good. I'm trying to solve the problem with subtank mini leakage out the airholes with the V1 RBA which has smaller juice channels at the base instead of the two big wick holes on the side like the V2 RBA has. I had the same problem with the stock coils. This tank just isn't well suited to my 10 to 12W high pg mouth to lung vaping style. I know this won't help you since you can't build coils, but just want you to know the people who say "user error" because they run it at 30w for lung hits are pretty clueless as to what others, including experienced vapers like myself have experienced with this tank. They assume if they have no problems it must be the user doing something wrong, when it's their assumptions that are wrong, lol. The nautilus mini is good for mouth to lung low power vaping with the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have a Bunch of tanks.. 4 of them are Kanger subtank mini. had a leaking problem with one. changed everything..still leaked.. brought to local shop and they changed everything..still leaked. then all of a sudden it stopped leaking and hasn't leaked again. I learned that slightly turning the glass while pushing over that top gasket created a better seal too. most all of my other tanks have leaked at one time or another. Mostly b/c I overfill. Also, don't lay them on their side.. learned that the hard way. My Aspire Triton (which has never leaked) soaked me and everything around me just a lil while ago.. Top fill had an air bubble and instead of going In tank the juice was pouring down middle tube and coming out of air hole. Paper towels are my best friend since picking up this hobby:)) good luck
This is very good information regarding your tank not leaking and might be due to the seal. A vacuum is needed to help prevent flooding and leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread