super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
bad comparison ---:D
os coil 28g. w/ nano wrap and cotton is like a Challenger w/ a HEMI and a supercharger.. Old school still takes you there..in first place!

OK, Mopar it is for the old school. Maybe first place down a drag strip but I tend to think of vaping more in terms of Formula One where many variables come into play to turn the quickest lap time, efficiency being one of them. This is a place where any car, other that a formula one car would get straight smoked.

If old school coils are like Challenger w/ a HEMI and a supercharger, I liken Micro coils to F1 cars and vaping (to me) is like an F1 circuit. I'm guessing that that challenger would be lapped within 6 laps :)

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
This is my Vapor Creator __
xIMG_1054.jpg

Reactions: CbrVapeRR

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA

Cr0tchF4i

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
San Diego, CA

metamorpheus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2013
AZ
I like the 10-11 wrap 30Ga(around a paper clip) nano coils for my Igo-W, but not just one of them. I run duals either stacked on top of each other with the cotton wicks twisted into one at the end or old school sitting across from one another at .6 ohms. I also like .6 ohm overall dual coils on XC-116 which is too wide to truly be a micro coil, but I use a dense wrap.

Micro coils provide efficiency like fuel injection, a good exhaust system, a SR turbo system if you will. Adding parallel micro coils to bring the overall resistance sub ohm provides more cylinders and horse power. That being said I wouldn't go back to regulated vaping in favor of micro coils. It just wouldn't provide the same vape I get using the sony 30A on a fresh charge with a sub ohm dual nano coil.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
now, i know i might get bashed for this, but i run a .45 ohm coil. im not sure the minimum diameter it needs to have to be considered "micro" but i use a small screwdriver that came with an RDA to wrap my coil. its 28g twisted kanthal. a 4/5 wrap. reads out at .45 ohms. i use a sony 18650 30A high drain batt. i love it. flavor is great. vapor production is amazing. i'll attach a few pics of what it looks like. i use medical-grade cotton gauze. i prefer to not inhale silica or fiberglass as much as possible. although i do confess to using ekowool to sleeve my SS rope on my gennys. :facepalm:

but, here she is on my igo-L (with no holes drilled in the posts! :glare:) if anybody has done this or knows of a thread somewhere with a good idea on how to drill out the posts, please feel free to direct me there. :)

2013-11-21_03-50-36_721-1.jpg
2013-11-21_03-50-48_147.jpg
2013-11-21_03-54-24_352.jpg

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
I like the 10-11 wrap 30Ga(around a paper clip) nano coils for my Igo-W, but not just one of them. I run duals either stacked on top of each other with the cotton wicks twisted into one at the end or old school sitting across from one another at .6 ohms. I also like .6 ohm overall dual coils on XC-116 which is too wide to truly be a micro coil, but I use a dense wrap.

Micro coils provide efficiency like fuel injection, a good exhaust system, a SR turbo system if you will. Adding parallel micro coils to bring the overall resistance sub ohm provides more cylinders and horse power. That being said I wouldn't go back to regulated vaping in favor of micro coils. It just wouldn't provide the same vape I get using the sony 30A on a fresh charge with a sub ohm dual nano coil.

pics of nano coils?? please...:oops:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
now, i know i might get bashed for this, but i run a .45 ohm coil. im not sure the minimum diameter it needs to have to be considered "micro" but i use a small screwdriver that came with an RDA to wrap my coil. its 28g twisted kanthal. a 4/5 wrap. reads out at .45 ohms. i use a sony 18650 30A high drain batt. i love it. flavor is great. vapor production is amazing. i'll attach a few pics of what it looks like. i use medical-grade cotton gauze. i prefer to not inhale silica or fiberglass as much as possible. although i do confess to using ekowool to sleeve my SS rope on my gennys. :facepalm:

but, here she is on my igo-L (with no holes drilled in the posts! :glare:) if anybody has done this or knows of a thread somewhere with a good idea on how to drill out the posts, please feel free to direct me there. :)

I used a dremel with a #61 bit to drill out my Igo-L posts. This is a pic of the spacer I made to act as a guide on the post to do it. Cost was about $2 from Ace Hdwe...
20131010_164346_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread