Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
You don't need an account to use imgur. Imgur.com, click "upload images", drag-and-drop from your computer (or browse folders, or enter URL), copy link, paste, done. Over time I've found it was easier to learn one way of doing it that just works everywhere, rather than have to re-learn the process for every new forum/website I use, each with their own little rules and quirks and oddities.

Good to know! Thank ya!
Honestly, this is the only forum that I get on... haven't really found the need to get into any others yet. I browse some of the car forums when I need to fix something, but they can get pretty drama-queen on some of them... I just get what I need and get out! :lol:

Reactions: DingerCPA

Lyssie

Feb 8, 2016
Ohio
The Herakles tank comes with these specs....

• 1 x Herakles Plus 0.4 ohm Coil (Pre-Installed)
  • 1 x Herakles Plus Replacement 0.2 ohm 316L Coil (stainless steel)
So that means when I change my tank .... I do what? LOL I have my desert flavor in the Herakles which is a 3mg and the fruity menthol in the Kanger tank and that is a 6mg.

Reactions: Kaezziel

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

So that means when I change my tank .... I do what? LOL I have my desert flavor in the Herakles which is a 3mg and the fruity menthol in the Kanger tank and that is a 6mg.

The Herakles 0.4 ohm is probably Kanthal - run that in Watts mode. The 0.2 ohm is Stainless Steel, and your mod can support SS, or you could run in Watts mode. If you have the setting, yes, I would use it.

So, yes, each coil needs to have the device configured properly for it to run appropriately.

Lyssie

Feb 8, 2016
Ohio
@Lyssie , peel that sticker off and post another pic please showing the numbers underneath. I'm pretty confident that it is a Samsung ICR 26F or the like. If it is then it's only a 5amp CDR battery.

Attachments

• Samsung.jpg
    Samsung.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 27

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

samsung30q_1.jpg

That looks like a Samsung INR 30Q (good) or a Samsung ICR 26F (bad). They look very similar, but are very different. Peel that sticker off to see if anything is printed on it.

samsungicr1865026f.jpg

The 26F is not a high drain or safe chemistry battery (meaning its an ICR battery). You want to use only IMR or INR chemistry batteries.

Last edited:

Lyssie

Feb 8, 2016
Ohio
The Herakles 0.4 ohm is probably Kanthal - run that in Watts mode. The 0.2 ohm is Stainless Steel, and your mod can support SS, or you could run in Watts mode. If you have the setting, yes, I would use it.

So, yes, each coil needs to have the device configured properly for it to run appropriately.
Now ... I have the Ni Mode currently set to 290 F ... if i go into SS mode and change that will it hold the settings or every time i change the tank i need to change it?

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Now ... I have the Ni Mode currently set to 290 F ... if i go into SS mode and change that will it hold the settings or every time i change the tank i need to change it?

You'll need to change it every time you change the tank. One coil is nickel, one is SS... they have different temperature coefficients and will need to be set accordingly for everything to work properly.

Lyssie

Feb 8, 2016
Ohio
You'll need to change it every time you change the tank. One coil is nickel, one is SS... they have different temperature coefficients and will need to be set accordingly for everything to work properly.

Looks like this girl is going to need another box ... what would go good with the herakles? I am to lazy to have to change it every time I want a different flavor.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Reactions: Lyssie

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I've been following along, but keeping quiet as not to confuse things since you are getting good advice and getting it all sorted out. But learning something myself, I now have a post it note up for making Ω and ° symbols. :D

It may be overkill, but I keep a spreadsheet for my vaping that includes a list of tanks, the coil currently in use, and when I installed it. Just starting into temp control myself, I have a section keeping track of which mod, tank, coil, flavor, and settings used with my ranking of how well it vaped. Course at my age, my memory needs all the help it can get. Anyway, keep some notes until you get comfortable with your preferred settings.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Looks like this girl is going to need another box ... what would go good with the herakles? I am to lazy to have to change it every time I want a different flavor.

There are a lot of good ones out there, Lyssie. Personally, I think the double battery 200W+ mods are overrated... you really wouldn't use that much wattage anyway (at least, I don't). I've been very happy with my Vaporesso Target mod and my HeatVape Invader Mini (the thing is all but bullet-proof!)
White Target VTC.jpg

Target 75VTC (75W with TC)

Invader w SP.jpg

HeatVape Invader Mini (50W with TC)

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
Lyssie, a very simple inexpensive setup that I use is:
1. Aspire Nautilus mini tank
2. Aspire Nautilus mini coils = 1.5 ohms
3. Eleaf iStick 30 watt with a built-in battery.
With this setup, I don't have to worry about buying different types of coils made for the iStick battery as this particular 30 watt battery doesn't do temperature control. HTH

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Hrmmmm, the shinyitus is STRONG with this one :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread