Sub ohming and lowering nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Subohming at 0.5 ohm at 35 to 40 watts depending on what device I'm using. I have a defender 36 watt a aspire sub ohm battery and a kanger k box 70 watt. The latter I keep to about 40 watts. The tanks I'm using are the Arctic and the aspire Atlantis.
I might suggest that you double your nicotine to 36mg/ml.
That should give a satisfying hit and only require two or three pulls to get your "fix".
The daily total nicotine consumption should be reduced. 5ml of 1.8%= 9mg VS 2ml of 3.6% = 7.2mg
It sounds like you have a high tolerance.
Personally, I stay at a nicotine level that allows me to vape as much as I please. It is always in my hand and I vape any time I'm not sleeping. 6mg/ml is my happy spot. (.7Ω at native voltage)
I enjoy nicotine and don't feel it is of much harm...for me, reducing my intake only crosses my mind when I find I have used too much and am a bit "spinny" and nausea sets in.

HTH.
Cheers
I

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Been sub ohming now for a year now and have been trying to lower my nicotine from 16 to 8 mg but just can't seem to do it. I just seem to be using twice as much liquid and don't get the same satisfaction. I've tried this a couple of times and I manage it for a few days then back up to sixteen . Any thoughts.
I would rather reduce daily ml's than mg's of nic. May be I could get that doen by increasing nic but I hesitate to do that only because I want habiits that protect my nic stash incase of government interference. I believe daily ml's of liquid is more significant than how much nic I inhale. I've been vaping a very consistant 7 ml's per day with 10 mg of nic. That exposes me to about 2.5 times the amount of nic as was in the smoke from the 25 cigs I smoked per day. The absorbtion rate may be different but I'm sure there's more nic in my system than there was when I was smoking, which doesn't concern me. My goal is to reduce daily ml's down to about 3.5 without regard to nic. I may get serious about that when I'm past 2 years vaping which will be in a few more months. But if the government bans or taxes my nic supply preserving my stash may be more important.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Possibly the jump from 16 to 8 is just too great.
Perhaps 16 to 12 or 14 for a month or 2.
Then down to 10 or 12 for another period of time.

This is right on the money. You want to make any reductions small enough that you don't notice them. Reducing your nic is not as bad as trying to cut down on cigarettes - we all know how successful that was! But if you just halve it at a stroke your mind will play those same games.

i managed to reduce my nic over time (3 years) in very small decrements - and i started vaping at 36mg/ml. One thing: i've always made my own liquid, so it's been easy to tailor it to what i want, but i went from 36 to 30 to 24 etc.
When i got to single digits, i made reductions of a mg at a time with each batch of juice. Eventually i ended up using something like .25 mg/ml and it was more trouble to add that amount of nic than it was to leave it out.

FWIW my liquids are 90/10 VG/PG and i vape at 0.3Ω and about 70W. My preference is for clouds rather than TH.

T

Reactions: sonicbomb

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I might suggest that you double your nicotine to 36mg/ml.
That should give a satisfying hit and only require two or three pulls to get your "fix".
The daily total nicotine consumption should be reduced. 5ml of 1.8%= 9mg VS 2ml of 3.6% = 7.2mg
It sounds like you have a high tolerance.
Personally, I stay at a nicotine level that allows me to vape as much as I please. It is always in my hand and I vape any time I'm not sleeping. 6mg/ml is my happy spot. (.7Ω at native voltage)
I enjoy nicotine and don't feel it is of much harm...for me, reducing my intake only crosses my mind when I find I have used too much and am a bit "spinny" and nausea sets in.

HTH.
Cheers
I

I am confused I was under the impression that 1 ml would = the MG such 1 ml of 1.8% or 18 mg would =18 mg No?

I am asking because this is what I have been told and it made sense. I am lowering my nic, I am at partially 4.5 and part of the time at 3 mg gues it about 50/50 sp average 3.75 but I vape from 6 to 8 mls

Lets say I average 7 mls does that =26.25 mg or is it lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread