Sub Ohming Collapsed my lung (Tall & Skinny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
BTW - In 2015, I averaged 125 Miles per week on a Bike.

And before I Switched to e-Cigarettes, I would get Out of Breath walking up 2 Flights of Stairs.
I do not ride but same type of results with my breathing got MUCH better and don't sweat nearly as much form exertion.
And that is considering that High Diacetyl ejuice has been my main vape for the last 1.7 years.
Not saying that vaping is totally harmless just that is much better or less bad for you than smoking.

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
I'm really sorry to hear about this horryble situation and wish you a quick recovery.

It does sound like a weird occurrence and I'm sorry but I hope it is not vaping related. I'm six foot 3 and weigh 138 pounds, been vaping for over 9 months usually at 35w with a .4 coil doing DL, my lungs have never felt better.

Reactions: bnrkwest

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not saying that vaping is totally harmless just that is much better or less bad for you than smoking.

No Argument there Robert.

25 Years of Smoking had taken a Severe Toll on me. And It took awhile to get Back into Shape. But Today I feel pretty Good.

My Physician is kinda Blown away. Because She Harped on me for Years to Quit Smoking. Today, my Numbers are Better than Her's. And I'm 7 Year's Older than She is. And She has Never Smoked in Her Life.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Every body is different.

We can't say yes or no on the OPs collapsed lung.

Having older "smoker lungs" I quite frankly can't sub ohm or direct lung hit. I can't take the feeling of all that hot vapor going down my esophagus, and my "intuition" tells me less is more, and that vaping is harm reduction, not harm free.........so I vape very conservatively (for myself).

Sorry to hear about your problem TheyLIveWeSleep. That is true about tall thin people having different lungs. They are also more prone to herniated discs.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Every body is different.

We can't say yes or no on the OPs collapsed lung.

Having older "smoker lungs" I quite frankly can't sub ohm or direct lung hit. I can't take the feeling of all that hot vapor going down my esophagus, and my "intuition" tells me less is more, and that vaping is harm reduction, not harm free.........so I vape very conservatively (for myself).

Sorry to hear about your problem TheyLIveWeSleep. That is true about tall thin people having different lungs. They are also more prone to herniated discs.
You CAN subohm and not have hot vapor. I do.
40+ yr smoker.

claptons and such tend to give hot vapor. Standard wire builds can be ran cooler with more vapor.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The Joyetech AIO is too much vapor for me :lol: That gives you an idea of where I'm at.

A true tootle puffer, 7-8 watts, like a cool vape as well. I have a provari and a reo but my every day carry is..........the old style evod kits with matching clearos using 2.2ohm-2.5ohm silica wicked over-the-counter clearos. I am happy with it, no need to change anything really. Just hate charging the batts on the old style ego charger where you have to screw it into the durn receptable head first. So when they all wear out I will get something else. I have about 10 batts so will probably be fine for rest of the year or more.

Only reason I bought anything in last year was because I wanted something I could just throw a usb cable to...........haven't found anything I liked yet and have tried the AIO and the istick 30 watt w/nautilus.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The Joyetech AIO is too much vapor for me :lol: That gives you an idea of where I'm at.

A true tootle puffer, 7-8 watts, like a cool vape as well. I have a provari and a reo but my every day carry is..........the old style evod kits with matching clearos using 2.2ohm-2.5ohm silica wicked over-the-counter clearos. I am happy with it, no need to change anything really. Just hate charging the batts on the old style ego charger where you have to screw it into the durn receptable head first. So when they all wear out I will get something else. I have about 10 batts so will probably be fine for rest of the year or more.

Only reason I bought anything in last year was because I wanted something I could just throw a usb cable to...........haven't found anything I liked yet and have tried the AIO and the istick 30 watt w/nautilus.
Just get a decent ego-510 adapter and you can use your Evods on any mod just make sure they will adjust to low wattages. a 2000 mah or so batttery will run forever at 8-10 watts.
Nothing wrong with Evods. I used them and Kanger T3S for quite a while.

another option I really liked with the T3S and evods was the Itasate VV mod/battery. Check it out. digitally adjustable watts or voltage up to11 watts I think. Charges with micro USB, nice and compact.
Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit Nature Edition (acrylic box) - Best Price & Reviews

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I can't do direct lung hits either and sometimes I don't inhale at all, just take a hit, blow it out, trying to take care of the lungs after abusing them all those years.
I have always done direct lung hits well after I moved on from cartos.
I even did very slow lung hits from Evods and T3S after I hopped them up a bit.

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
He registered to forum yesterday and posted this thread... Suspicious? Can you give us some medical evidence (report) that your lungs was collapsed? I don't believe anything anymore without evidence. Too much lies out there, especially on internet.

Haha suspicious? I just wanted to put it out there that's all. I have no agenda and i love vaping. I vape all day on my beautiful turquoise joytech evic vt mini dont be paranoid man.

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
To reply on some other posts. Thanks for the people who feel sorry that is really nice of you.
If it wasnt due to big lung hits then it is one big coincidence. Also, not every tall skinny person with long lungs gets a spontanious pneumothorax.
I really really hope it wasnt because of vaping because i dont want to stop ofcourse. All the nice flavors and tastyness yum i dont ever want to miss it. Time will tell i quess. I will keep vaping but i dont think i will try to vape like i did the few days prior to the collapse

Reactions: Foggy Road

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
but i dont think i will try to vape like i did the few days prior to the collapse
Probably a good idea.

Risk factors for a pneumothorax include:

• Your sex. In general, men are far more likely to have a pneumothorax than are women.
  • Smoking. The risk increases with the length of time and the number of cigarettes smoked, even without emphysema.
  • Age. The type of pneumothorax caused by ruptured air blisters is most likely to occur in people between 20 and 40 years old, especially if the person is a very tall and underweight.
  • Genetics. Certain types of pneumothorax appear to run in families.
  • Lung disease. Having an underlying lung disease — especially chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) — makes a collapsed lung more likely.
  • Mechanical ventilation. People who need mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing are at higher risk of pneumothorax.
  • Previous pneumothorax. Anyone who has had one pneumothorax is at increased risk of another, usually within one to two years of the first.
From Symptoms and causes - Pneumothorax - Mayo Clinic

rokyo87

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Thanks for the people who feel sorry that is really nice of you.

I feel sorry for you of course if this is true. But you can't say it is because of vaping. We have massive number of vapers around the world and there is not many reported cases of collapsed lungs...

I don't like sub-ohm D2L vaping, because it seems dangerous to me... I am a toffle-puffer, 1 Ohm, max 16 Watts, single coil, unflavoured e-liquids,... Just precocius.

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
I feel sorry for you of course if this is true. But you can't say it is because of vaping. We have massive number of vapers around the world and there is not many reported cases of collapsed lungs...

I know but that's why i adressed it to tall skinny people specifically.
Most people will never have this problem no matter how they vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread