Sub Ohming Collapsed my lung (Tall & Skinny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I get that. And I'm with you 100% on that. We're just going around in circles.

There probably was a pre-existing factor leading to the condition. But no doctor will speculate what that might be without sticking his neck out, which is tyoical. So we can just intelligently speculate and discuss it without focusing on the erroneous attribution of cause.

Anyway, I'm here to learn and make friends. It's been fun. Good night, Neil.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.
There may be no specific cause, in terms of environment or behavior. IOW not preventable. It may be essentially congenital. Which seems to be the party line (tall and thin). A doctor may be able to opine that it was likely a preexisting condition or inherent weakness in his lungs. If it happened to me i would press my doctors with that question.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
9fbf0c424066122bcefb198ca15ec540.jpg

[emoji6]

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
If it happened to me i would press my doctors with that question.

Well he did advice me not to inhale anything anymore but i can understand that doctors dont really understand vaping all that much because vaping is fairly new still and there's just so much contradicting stuff out there that it is really difficult to know what is what and what to believe and not to. One thing is certain and that is that there is a lot of disinfo wether it is from the pro or anti vapers i dont know.

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
There may be no specific cause, in terms of environment or behavior. IOW not preventable. It may be essentially congenital. Which seems to be the party line (tall and thin). A doctor may be able to opine that it was likely a preexisting condition or inherent weakness in his lungs. If it happened to me i would press my doctors with that question.

The pre existing condition would be the long lungs so the question would be if there is a small chance vaping could set off such problem in those people.
We cant do much more than speculate right now.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Peace, Neil. You're wound up so tight.

I'd already asked the OP about his sucking habits and waiting for a response. He did admit he was sucking very hard for days; I'd think that was a clue there.
On the upside I went to Google pneumothorax and now have learned a few juicy nuggets to share at the next bbq. But from what I could find, the condition seems to be one of physical injury and not chemically induced. I'm no doctor (obviously) but I'd hazard that he basically blew out his lung while vaping too hard.
Hence I suggested a different atty with far higher airflow so there'd be less resistance and subsequently less strain on his lungs.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
The pre existing condition would be the long lungs so the question would be if there is a small chance vaping could set off such problem in those people.
We cant do much more than speculate right now.
That's interesting. On that note wouldn't you be susceptible to similar injury if you took part in strenuous sports?

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Peace, Neil. You're wound up so tight.

I'd already asked the OP about his sucking habits and waiting for a response. He did admit he was sucking very hard for days; I'd think that was a clue there.
On the upside I went to Google pneumothorax and now have learned a few juicy nuggets to share at the next bbq. But from what I could find, the condition seems to be one of physical injury and not chemically induced. I'm no doctor (obviously) but I'd hazard that he basically blew out his lung while vaping too hard.
Hence I suggested a different atty with far higher airflow so there'd be less resistance and subsequently less strain on his lungs.

You insult me with that meme and then come back and tell me I'm wound too tight after what I thought was a quite mild response under the circumstances. You are obviously not serious about discussing this, you are playing an endless game of attack and retreat (who me?)

You are rather new here. I see you've managed to eke out 213 likes out of your 403 posts, or just under 53%. Around here likes are a measure of respect for one's posts, not some popularity contest.

I've garnered 6056 likes over my 2553 posts. My like rate is 237%, or 4.5x the respect you've garnered here. Nuff said?

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
You insult me with that meme and then come back and tell me I'm wound too tight after what I thought was a QUOTE mild response under the circumstances. You are obviously not serious about discussing this, you are playing an endless game of attack and retreat (who me?)

You are rather new here. I see you've managed to eke out 213 likes out of your 403 posts, or just under 53%. Around here likes are a measure of respect for one's posts, not some popularity contest.

I've garnered 6056 likes over my 2553 posts. My like rate is 237%, or 4.5x the respect you've garnered here. Nuff said?
4f08a2fa16f1bbc516fe4c5bcf33544a.jpg

'Nuff said indeed. I'm way out of my league and I concede defeat.

Last edited:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Well he did advice me not to inhale anything anymore but i can understand that doctors dont really understand vaping all that much because vaping is fairly new still and there's just so much contradicting stuff out there that it is really difficult to know what is what and what to believe and not to. One thing is certain and that is that there is a lot of disinfo wether it is from the pro or anti vapers i dont know.
If your lungs are inherently weak then his advice is quite sensible. I have a sense he was basically saying "try to avoid stressing your lungs" in a very general way. He didn't specifically say "don't vape". (If I understand you).

There is a huge difference between saying vaping caused your weak lungs and suggesting vaping is one of many things that might precipitate an event without causing the condition to begin with.

And if that is the case it would be good for other people with the same condition to take it under advisement although it seems likely that most people would not know until they had an incident? It's a rather insidious condition.

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
If your lungs are inherently weak then his advice is quite sensible. I have a sense he was basically saying "try to avoid stressing your lungs" in a very general way. He didn't specifically say "don't vape". (If I understand you).

There is a huge difference between saying vaping caused your weak lungs and suggesting vaping is one of many things that might precipitate an event without causing the condition to begin with.

And if that is the case it would be good for other people with the same condition to take it under advisement although it seems likely that most people would not know until they had an incident? It's a rather insidious condition.

Not stressing the lungs and vaping would mean the same thing because vaping would be stressing the lungs so that's probably a yes to both. I never said vaping made my lungs weak. I know my physical build is the biggest culprit

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I think what happened here (and don't shoot me on it) is that your lungs would have done this even if it was just a gigantic yawn. I know with the yawns I do sometimes that I do stress my lungs and I'm short as hell. I think if you mouth to lung or tootle puff it would be way better because very little vapor actually makes it to your lungs. Actually you don't even have to inhale at all, you can just inhale to your mouth and out your nose and still get your nic fix. As long as you have the proper M2L gear. :)

I hope this helps you out in a very frustrating thread. I can understand you just wanted to help others see the dangers of inhaling too deeply with elongated lungs. Its not your fault others could not understand what you were getting at. Some of us as vapers are very protective of our newfound way of life and its the FDA's fault we are a little defensive. :sneaky::D:D

nopatch

ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2011
    India
    I think what happened here (and don't shoot me on it) is that your lungs would have done this even if it was just a gigantic yawn. ...

Yeah.To suggest that vaping in anyway precipitated something of that sort is kind of blasphemous.

On some what related but different issue my neighbor had his diabetes readings all screwed up after starting vaping and nobody dared to suggest correlation- causation thing until his readings came back to regular zone after he stopped vaping suffering an year of bad glucose numbers.

Reactions: celticluvr

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
    Yeah.To suggest that vaping in anyway precipitated something of that sort is kind of blasphemous.

On some what related but different issue my neighbor had his diabetes readings all screwed up after starting vaping and nobody dared to suggest correlation- causation thing until his readings came back to regular zone after he stopped vaping suffering an year of bad glucose numbers.

You are blasphemous. You cant know that for sure. It happened whilst sub ohming and i been sub ohming for 3 days prior and never sub ohmed before. You cant tell me it's horse manure either because you cant know that.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama

Well actually I can see the diabetes thing happening because many juices contain sweeteners. And that can be absorbed into the bloodstream and screw readings up big time. :( I hope your neighbor is well though. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread