Sub Ohming Collapsed my lung (Tall & Skinny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nopatch

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2011
India
Well actually I can see the diabetes thing happening because many juices contain sweeteners. And that can be absorbed into the bloodstream and screw readings up big time. :( I hope your neighbor is well though. :)

Sweetener content perse is not an issue since the quantity is minute.Something else was happening.Probably something (In his eliquid)was triggering some sort of hormonal reaction in him.

Reactions: celticluvr

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Sweetener content perse is not an issue since the quantity is minute.Something else was happening.Probably something (In his eliquid)was triggering some sort of hormonal reaction in him.
    Ahh, okay. :oops: I could still see it happening to someone who is very sensitive to sweeteners, though. Specially in someone like my grandmother who had a bunch of other problems due to diabetes medications in the past that essentially killed her liver and irreversibly damaged her kidneys. I miss that woman... btw it was her heart that gave out on her. She had congestive heart failure, too. :( But boy, was she ever the fighter. :wub:

nopatch

ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2011
    India
    Well i been sub ohming again for a few weeks so lets see what the left lung has to say. Right lung's fixed so that one should be fine i would hope. A rather cool and perhaps ignorant and daring little experiment i am having here but what can i say. I fell in love with ohming in only 3 days. I know a lung collapse is potentionally life threatening experience but if it happens they can fix my left stupid lung too. You know, i'm enjoying a litttlle bit of the li-quor right now and it got me thinking, if i were born 200 years ago the universe would have already killed me. Natural selection whadayaknow. Thank you so much hospitals and your beautiful nurses.

If I were you I would be miles away from vaping, unless you are set for life and got covered with resources for the expenses of lung transplant and no chances of productive employment.
    Better yet, delete your account and don't bother with queries trying to prove a point.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Well i been sub ohming again for a few weeks so lets see what the left lung has to say. ...

So... Just to Sum Things Up.

You Start a Thread say'n that Sub Ohming Collapsed your Lung.
    Your Doctor has Advised you Not to Vape Anymore.
    You have Constantly Refuted Anyone who Questions what you say is the Cause of your Lung Collapsing.
    And Now you say you are Sub Ohming Again.

:blink:

90906670_XS.jpg

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2016
    Fantasy Island
    Well i been sub ohming again for a few weeks so lets see what the left lung has to say. Right lung's fixed so that one should be fine i would hope. A rather cool and perhaps ignorant and daring little experiment i am having here but what can i say. I fell in love with ohming in only 3 days. I know a lung collapse is potentionally life threatening experience but if it happens they can fix my left stupid lung too. You know, i'm enjoying a litttlle bit of the li-quor right now and it got me thinking, if i were born 200 years ago the universe would have already killed me. Natural selection whadayaknow. Thank you so much hospitals and your beautiful nurses.
    812284f614e5d19e197bb5ce92db785d.jpg

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2015
    ON. Canada
    Hi,

To all you tall skinny people, be very careful with sub ohming doing straight lung hits.
    I been vaping for 5 years i dont smoke cigarettes and just started sub ohming doing straight lung hits for 4 days and then my lung collapsed and had to spend 9 days in the hospital lung surgery and everything.
    It sucks soo bad because i was really starting to love blowing huge clouds and now im afraid of even taking small normal hits. Doctors adviced me not to vape anymore at all. My luck is ....e i tell you.
    I'm tall, skinny enough.... I vape 10ml a day.... One of my lungs that was partially collapsed from smoking opened back up thanks in part to direct lung sub-ohm...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Can you provide any data for review please?

Did anyone read the OP's words? He said "You cant diagnose such thing. I´m just saying that i believe with my rational mind that my change to doing lung hits at 30 watts caused it"

The OP is perfectly within his rights to verbalize what HE THOUGHT about what caused his predicament.

He is not a doctor. He doesn't claim to be. He was honest about diagnosis. It's sort of like when your canary dies........."the list is as long as your arm" and that is what a veterinarian will tell ya. But one can still offer one's opinion, esp. if it is your own canary, and you know you "opened the window and it was a cool night" ...... and many people feel they are able to somewhat say when and how things went wrong for them.......but no veterinarian is gonna say, for sure, "your canary died because it was too cold." Because there is NO TEST TO CONFIRM THAT.

So I find "asking for data" to be rather humorous. Why does the OP need to provide data on an opinion he has about his own body? This wasn't a study, it was his own opinion. When did it become not okay to give your own opinion about something here? :lol: (I've read some pretty dumb stuff in 4 years here, this isn't even in the top 3. :lol:)

As for data, @r77r7r, can you provide studies on sub-ohm vaping, at high wattage, and the actual effect on a never-smoker's lungs?

I have never seen such a study but maybe you have..........

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Considering the glee with which Prue and Co. use the information found in this forum for their own twisted, perverted studies, groundless theories as to why vaping did something to them SHOULD be backed up with some sort of proof. Whether it be a study, doctor's diagnosis, etc., it should accompany the wild claims.

Reactions: Coldrake

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jul 27, 2016
    I'm still sub ohming again and nothing has happened so that is good ofcourse my right lung has been fixed so maybe that's why. My last post was kind of unthoughtful mostly because i had been drinking quite a lot im sorry for that. I still believe in the connection i made for myself that my start in sub ohming had something to do with my lung collapse. I'm happy 2 other people have now come forth with the same opinion. It's all about data since there is no way to prove it with factual data. People asking for data to prove it like they are some robot is pretty ridiculous. Have a good day guys.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    People asking for data to prove it like they are some robot is pretty ridiculous.

No, it isn't.

Here's an example of the sneaky, underhanded methods used by Prue Talbot and her department.

have you seen these research?

The individual who started that thread was coming directly from Prue Talbot's department. They also read these forums on a regular basis and twist the information found to their own depraved standards.

So, when someone asks for an official medical diagnosis rather than accepting personal opinion, more power to them as this thread and others like it will most likely end up as "proof" in those weak, underhanded studies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread