sub ohms and dripping vs. non sub ohms and no dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
It seems like most atomizers are sold are sub ohm and/drip tips. Are there any that are not? Maybe a 3 ml tank?

You're using "drip tip" as though it means "dripping" and not the actual usage meaning the mouthpiece... nothing more.

"Drippers" are RDAs (rebuildable dripping atomizer) and unless one has a large inner diameter "drip tip" (often called a chuff cap) it's common to pop off the entire upper body and fill the well and/or drip onto the wicked coil.

"Sub-ohming" does not automatically mean "dripping" nor using an RDA.

And using a tank (factory coil or self built coil) does not always mean "sub-ohm". Build to or use whatever resistance that both... fits your needs and desires, and works with that particular tank (some tank designs are far better suited to either low res lung hits or high res mouth-to-lung use, but not both. Those categories are not set in stone). Some tanks do both well.

And dripping with actual RDAs... same deal actually, though low res is more common.

Now... if you're looking for small tanks that are suited to MTL vaping, say so and you'll get plenty of suggestions (sorry... not my thing or I'd name a few).
I'd also suggest reading any of the threads dedicated to exactly that topic... usually with some version of "tootle-puffer" in the title. :)

Last edited:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks. Maybe I'm a tootle-puffer.
I do not want sub zero.
I do not want a dripping tip
I do not want rebuildable.

I do want a normal clear tank, 3-4 mls, and a normal tip that is used for inhaling like an analog, not a j..nt
Thanks

Excellent.

I'd suggest letting us know what you've been using up to this point and possibly what you do and do not like about it.

You'll likely get a bit of help here but it might be better to start fresh... thread-wise.
Read some of the threads I mentioned (some links might be forthcoming) and then create a new thread if needed with a title more descriptive of what you're looking for... you'll get more responses.

And narrowing down what you want will help deciding which section to create it in, again... knowledgeable help will be coming, I hope. :)

With a proper title, I'm sure in two or three days you'll be trying to narrow down the suggestions.
:D

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Actually I think the term "drip tip" goes back to cigalike devices, anytime the tip is removable and sometimes just a word for the mouthpiece.

Your description of like a, presumably, filter cig not a hand-rolled one, I don't see a clear difference, are you saying you don't want a big pipe thing?

For a small clearomizer, I recommend the original single coil EVODs, yeah I wanted all clear too, not the metal cover, but the standard CE4 and CE5 little clear tanks are pretty bad. These are all less than 2 ml, but mostly it's the tanks that use a lot of juice that hold a lot. Exceptions are a few rebuildables, and some of the new all-in-one devices with the tank inside the battery unit.

Reactions: seminolewind

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Thanks. Maybe I'm a tootle-puffer.
    I do not want sub zero.
    I do not want a dripping tip
    I do not want rebuildable.

I do want a normal clear tank, 3-4 mls, and a normal tip that is used for inhaling like an analog, not a j..nt
    Thanks
    More commonly called MTL (mouth to lung) at a vendor. Getting few and far between. Try the Nautilus Mini? The GSAir tanks and innokin t-18/22 tanks also.

Last edited:

seminolewind

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2009
    Corydon Indiana
    I guess the market has been more towards dripping and rebuilding. I have been a vaper since 2009. I never had dry hit problems with the larger tanks, but with the less than 2 ml tanks they need to be unscrewed frequently to release the negative pressure

I thought MTL was inhaling without the vape collecting in your mouth before you inhale it. The first thing I corrected was going to a BVC aspire atty with 4 intake holes and not using the 2 holed attys. Seems to have solved the problem.

The sub ohm atomizers can certainly can work, but some only supply coils under 1 ohm. There doesn't seem to be many that supply a higher ohm coil.

I do have the mini atomizers that are the "regular" ones. I just got a Nautilus x which comes with a regular mouthpiece. I also have quite a few mini's. I am looking for an aspire coil 3-4 ml tank , not sub zero and no shorty drip tip. The nautilus x gives the option of a 1.5 and 1.8 coil aside from sub ohm coils. I also ordered one of the few atomizers that offer the juice flow regulator.

I have (had) a Kanger aero mega tank that would have been fine, but it was like the coild was shoved into the center tube and after hours of trying to get it out, I had no recourse but to "drill" out the pieces but destroyed it because it broke the center tube and the part with the 4 holes, and could not get another atty to fit in the center tube. It was authentic and a sealed box and never actually looked like the ones on the directions or youtube. I was really mad but well it was $9.99.

I've been vaping for 7 years and the market has been overflowing with drip tips , and sub zero coils that are much prettier.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
    Jun 16, 2015
    Canada
    I guess the market has been more towards dripping and rebuilding. I have been a vaper since 2009. I never had dry hit problems with the larger tanks, but with the less than 2 ml tanks they need to be unscrewed frequently to release the negative pressure

I thought MTL was inhaling without the vape collecting in your mouth before you inhale it. The first thing I corrected was going to a BVC aspire atty with 4 intake holes and not using the 2 holed attys. Seems to have solved the problem.

The sub ohm atomizers can certainly can work, but some only supply coils under 1 ohm. There doesn't seem to be many that supply a higher ohm coil.

I do have the mini atomizers that are the "regular" ones. I just got a Nautilus x which comes with a regular mouthpiece. I also have quite a few mini's. I am looking for an aspire coil 3-4 ml tank , not sub zero and no shorty drip tip. The nautilus x gives the option of a 1.5 and 1.8 coil aside from sub ohm coils. I also ordered one of the few atomizers that offer the juice flow regulator.

I have (had) a Kanger aero mega tank that would have been fine, but it was like the coild was shoved into the center tube and after hours of trying to get it out, I had no recourse but to "drill" out the pieces but destroyed it because it broke the center tube and the part with the 4 holes, and could not get another atty to fit in the center tube. It was authentic and a sealed box and never actually looked like the ones on the directions or youtube. I was really mad but well it was $9.99.

I've been vaping for 7 years and the market has been overflowing with drip tips , and sub zero coils that are much prettier.

Your talk of "drip tips" is quite confusing. Drip tips are the mouthpieces that you put your lips on to vape. "Drippers" also known as RDAs are devices where you manually drip liquid on the coils and cotton and inhale the vapour from that. Aspire makes the Nautilus Mini and Nautilus X as well as the Triton Mini which can be used how it seems you want.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say you need to remove something to release the negative pressure. That negative pressure prevents the juice from running straight through the coil and out all over the place.

Reactions: daviedog

seminolewind

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2009
    Corydon Indiana
    These drip tips are flatter and wider than regular tips so you can drip.. But if you don't drip, most people want a thinner tip to draw on. I don't drip. So these drip tips are very wide for me. I don't do direct lung hits either. I guess it's mouth to lung if you inhale vapor into your mouth , then inhale it?

The pressure gradient is balanced most of the time. No trouble. But I have gotten into these 1.5 ml mini tanks and 3 of them, different brands, give dry hits unless I unscrew the top every few minutes..... Like this. If you have a vial of medicine with a rubber stopper, and you push a needle with a syringe in to draw up some fluid, it may not come into the needle because of the negative pressure in the vial. So if you inject some air into the vial, then it lets you remove fluid with a needle and syringe. But if you inject too much air, you get fluid spraying all over . Same thing. I think it's because of the size of the mini tanks. However, the Aspire-I went from a BDC coil to a BVC coil and it doesn't happen anymore because the BVC has 4 holes in it. More air exchange.

I did buy a Nautilus X and it works well. The drip tip is fat and short. so lucky me found a replacement that's longer. Not perfect, but at least a bit longer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread