Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Subtanks use more power and therefore more juice than the Nautilus for example. You "probably" will get better flavor from the juices but it's not for everyone. Another issue is you "will" need to cut your nicotine level in the juice should you decide to grow into the Sub Ohm world. Most people cut in half or more, 6 mg being the average high for sub ohm users (my opinion).

I have the Nautilus and love it. But I also love my Kanger Subtank Mini's. With a subtank I immediately replaced the wide bore drip tip and use a more restrictive air flow setting so I can continue my "mouth to lung" vape, like on the Nautilus. The Kanger Subtank Mini has 3 options for it's use. It comes with a build deck where you can build your own coils, or either a .5 ohm or a 1.5 ohm factory vertical coil you can just buy and replace like you do with the Nautilus.

There is a large learning curve with building your own coils. You need to understand some about ohms law (sounds daunting but really isn't) so you can safely vape "sub ohm" (which is any coil with the resistance under the 1.0 ohm level). With Sub ohm you'll need wire (usually kanthal but with Temp Control, nickel or other special metal), cotton, and an ohm meter so when you build a coil you can make certain it is correct (not shorted, desired ohm level) and safe before using it. You'll probably want a coil jig to help wrap coils also (Kuro Koiler is my recommendation)

My Nautilus used more juice than my starter tanks, and the Subtanks will use more juice than the Nautilus. It's my judgement that just about everything with Subtanks are more expensive to purchase (unless you build your own coils). I DIY most of my juice so I can save a little money there but even that has a large investment.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
That's about it. a "subtank," small s, is a tank that uses stock coils less than 1 ohm, and is set up with the temperature and airflow tolerances to do this. A "Subtank," capital s, is a model name from the Kanger company, which equipment also happens to be a "subtank" with the right coils in it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Can someone explain what a sub tank is? Someone said that perhaps I may decide to go to that someday. But what is it? Obviously I am a new vaper and slowly advancing in my vaping acquisitions. Thanks.

The Kanger Subtank came out earlier this year. It takes two types of coils. One is a replaceable coil and the other is a rebuildable coil. With this type of system a new vaper can start of using the replaceable coils then when he/she decides it's time to save money by rebuilding, instead of having to go by a whole new rebuildable tank, they can just use rebuildable coil heads.

Other tanks have been coming out and marketed as 'subohm' tanks.
'sub ohm' mean 'less than one ohm'.
Ohms is really a property of the coil you put in the tank.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
lol - a subtank is a shiny item that encourages shinyitis, drinks juice like kool aid and typically produces low hanging fog banks in confined areas...

as stated by others, it is a tank that uses a 'sub-ohm' coil - will tend to require a bit more power or wattage, but my personal experience is that it provides better vape experience - better flavor, though that varies depending on specific models and coils

and man, do they like to drink some juice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread