Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Hi Friends,

I want to try out my rba but I want to get to 0.5 ohms. Based on steam engine, I see that 6 wraps @ 26g will pretty much get me there.

Curious to know if anyone has experience with trying this - i'm worried there won't be enough room on such a little deck. I have 0 experience building and I still need to pick up the kanthal, so i'm not sure how how obvious this is.

Alternatively, have different gauges/number of wraps given you an easier time in reaching 0.5?

I'm using a regulated mod.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Hi Friends,

I want to try out my RBA but I want to get to 0.5 ohms. Based on steam engine, I see that 6 wraps @ 26g will pretty much get me there.

Curious to know if anyone has experience with trying this - i'm worried there won't be enough room on such a little deck. I have 0 experience building and I still need to pick up the kanthal, so i'm not sure how how obvious this is.

Alternatively, have different gauges/number of wraps given you an easier time in reaching 0.5?

I'm using a regulated mod.

If you want to hit an exact resistance, buy a set of numbered drill bits to use as mandrals for wrapping the coils. Harbor Freight has a set for under 20 bucks. I'd recommend you start with a #38 bit. If the resistance comes out a little too high, try using the next number up. Too low, next number down. Keep going until you get the resistance you want with the number of wraps you want. Trial and error will allow you to hit it almost exactly. Also remember on a regulated mod, exact resistance of the coil is less important, but I wanted to answer your question.

Cheers & good vaping. :)

(Oh and I almost forgot, keep notes on your builds. Nothing worse than deciding a build is working just perfect and then not being able to remember how you made it lol).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread