subtank overrated or is that popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
i had a subtank i feel too many people complaining its leak.. is it because we of rubber or the glass build is bad?
Actually if a little care is taken with regard to o-rings, gaskets and proper wicking leaking is not really an issue at all.. I love my subtanks, and they just keep getting better all the time...just sayin

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
I suspect there may be some QC issues with them. I have one, no leaks, good performance. If there were only a few reports of leaks I might attribute that to user error. So many reports of leaks leads me to believe some are not made so well.
I also think that a lot of the leaking issues can be contributed to operator error.

Reactions: Fullknight

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
the subtanks are probably the best basic tanks on the market currently. they are above average in every aspect of performance and have an incredibly simple design. sure they dont have top fill, tons of coil choices, etc but what they do have works perfectly. for non tc their 0.5ohm vertical coils are great. for temp control their 0.15ohm Ni coils are great too. no wicking issues and little to no break in. in addition, as a result of its simplicity they are extremely compact for their capacity.

the subtanks are not a fad. they have been out a good while and have held up. they are the definition of a must have tank.

MstrSHAKE

Dec 4, 2014
Miami, FL
I loved my subtank(mini) for quite some time. But overtime the slight leak got annoying. I just got a UWELL CROWN and i gotta say, its quite better. From top fill, to air flow. Flavor is on par. Plus another negative on the subtank was these new vert coils... i found them to be less flavorful although they wick better than the horizontal ones did.

Reactions: David Wolf

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You want superb taste, great vapor and want to quit smoking real cigs? Get yourself one of these..
1. Kayfun v4
2. Lemo Drop

I own those two, and I also own a Subtank (Stainless, V2). Kayfun 4 is my favorite tank for flavor but it's hopelessly over engineered. Lemo Drop annoys me--I hate its filling port (you need a screwdriver to get to it, and that AFC is really bad).

The Subtank mini is the most versatile of all tanks on the market--it works with stock coils and comes with a very nicely designed RBA deck. And it's very user friendly.

Just my :2c:

All tanks leak-now and then. Nature of the beast. :D

Last edited:
My Subtank Plus is my all day, go-to. I am also using a Subox Mini. Husband uses the same. Never had any leakage issues with any of them. I highly recommend both of them. We make our coils, but it's nice to know there are premade available in case the need ever arises. I did have a Lemo tank. Loved the flavor, but hated the leakage and the PITA filling. (It was easier with the silicone gasket-plug, but, still.)

Reactions: Katya

Mario06

Nov 18, 2014
I own those two, and I also own a Subtank (Stainless, V2). Kayfun 4 is my favorite tank for flavor but it's hopelessly over engineered. Lemo Drop annoys me--I hate its filling port (you need a screwdriver to get to it, and that AFC is really bad).

The Subtank mini is the most versatile of all tanks on the market--it works with stock coils and comes with a very nicely designed RBA deck. And it's very user friendly.

Just my :2c:

All tanks leak-now and then. Nature of the beast. :D

Like we both say the kayfun 4 is the best for flavor and if you add the subohm kit it's not that bad of a cloud chucker, I agree on it being a bit over engineered but all the tanks are taken from its blueprint.
The lemo drop does have the afc nut problem but leaving it wide open with a ni200 1.9ohm build you get some dense clouds and and excellent taste, the filling port isn't a problem since I don't use the screw but the rubber plug which is fast and I get no leaks whatsoever. I also have the sub tank mini v2 but I find the taste a bit muted.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
the subtanks are probably the best basic tanks on the market currently. they are above average in every aspect of performance and have an incredibly simple design. sure they dont have top fill, tons of coil choices, etc but what they do have works perfectly. for non tc their 0.5ohm vertical coils are great. for temp control their 0.15ohm Ni coils are great too. no wicking issues and little to no break in. in addition, as a result of its simplicity they are extremely compact for their capacity.

the subtanks are not a fad. they have been out a good while and have held up. they are the definition of a must have tank.

Uhh , no not really lol. It's the last type of tank i would pick and i have vaped them quite a few times , i much prefer and recommend just about anything other than a sub tank, to each their own.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Not over-rated, they are what they are. I have had mine for 7 months and it's never left my rotation. The vast majority of the issues people complain about are due to basic user error, or the poor quality of the OCC coil heads.

I recommended them to three new vapers in the last two months and have had no complaints from any of them.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Sub tanks are over rated without a doubt, I have them and use them just to be cool but other then cloud chasing you do not get a good vape.

You want superb taste, great vapor and want to quit smoking real cigs? Get yourself one of these..
1. Kayfun v4
2. Lemo Drop

Agree 100%.

Reactions: David Wolf

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
Uhh , no not really lol. It's the last type of tank i would pick and i have vaped them quite a few times , i much prefer and recommend just about anything other than a sub tank, to each their own.
thats your opinion. in my case it was one of my first tanks. it is still under use months later. also, anyone who i have had try vaping i have given them my subtank kit to use because of its simplicity.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Have you tried the Subtank? I don't sub-ohm at all and never will. And I don't recommend sub-ohming to anyone, let alone new vapers. I use my Subtank as a mouth to lung device--halfway open airflow, 10-12 watts or so, 1.2-1.6Ω coils. I didn't like the drip tip so I switched to a taller and narrower one and it works great for my style of vaping. And I just learned that the Subtank works with Aspire BVC coils and Kanger PT2 coils--perfect for the MTL crowd. :D

Last edited:

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
If you're asking if a sub tank mini is over rated I would say yes. I threw my mini in the garbage because it leaked so bad.. I got a couple Crown subtanks that are absolutely the best tanks I have vaped yet.. however I should say I'm not a tootle puffer and love to sub ohm at 65-70w... the efficient nicotine delivery is awesome, as well as flavor using the .25 stainless/Japanese cotton coils in the Crown..just sayin

Reactions: Shel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread