Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
i had a subtank i feel too many people complaining its leak.. is it because we of rubber or the glass build is bad?
great tank when it first came out, for the price it was a good deal, nice tight draw with good flavor but the constant leaks and dry hits got me looking elsewhere

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
I have many RTA's. but, the subtank mini is my daily driver! I take two of them to work everyday :) bin using then for quite a few months and they never let me down... 26g SS 316 @ 0.50 ohms and 26 watts is my sweet spot :) love my stm's
where are you getting your 316 SS wire at if i may ask?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
This is my current pet peeve lately. With respect- I don't understand how someone can conclude that based on speculation, or their singular experience. The amount of "mine works fine, you must have done something wrong" around here is baffling to me.

Many of these companies are new, and are turning out products using poor QC at times. Mistakes happen all the time that they acknowledge. Just imagine all that we don't know that happens.

Add to that the many revisions that are happening at all times after a product release and of course the many different products that are combined that add up to one persons experience (juice, battery, mod, tank etc) -it's easy to see why 2 people using the same product would have very different experiences. What I don't understand is why would someone choose to assume user error over any company with a history of mistakes.

Brand loyalty is a frightening thing to me.
Well said my friend! The claims of "stupid" user error are by those who can't see beyond their own experiences. By the way, I asked three young people who were vaping on subtank mini's if they ever had juice leak out the air holes as mine did, and every one of them said sometimes they did. I'm an engineer, and have other tanks and don't have that problem with them. I vape 12w 70pg/30 vg on the subtank, mouth to lung and determined the tank is just not good for that even though it's within the stated range for the 1.2 ohm coil and RBA. I'm quite aware that others have no issue with their tanks and vaping style. Too many leak reports to blame user error on them all though...that's ignorance to ignore that. ;)

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
Occasional leak when a prebuilt coil is going bad.

As for overated, not an apples to apples comparison vs higher powered tanks.

Useful tank for work or car, when blowing clouds is not advisable. Also can use higher nic without as much harshness as my Herakles.

The easy fill and coil priming do make it a good first tank, though I think a bit pricey for what it is. It is supposedly good for those learning to build.

Also, changing the drip tip to anything narrower makes for a hot nasty vape. For some reason, the Kanger really needs to use the drip tip from the factory. Common newbie mistake I made over the summer.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I've never had leaking issues with mine, but I just really dislike the OCC heads. With the v1, the cotton could slip out of the hole, and you'd drink juice, with v2 (vertical ones) the cotton is packed so tight that I can't get more than a "light-usage" week out of them without getting that horrid taste and causing massive irritation to my throat.

I haven't had any issues with the RBA (after several trial and error sessions) and I still use it if I don;t want to carry my backpack (with juice, batteries...) and I know I'll be out for a while.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have the Subtank Plus v2 (the one without the screws on the top)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I use the RBA heads so I can't talk about the performance of the coils but the STM is a great tank. I have 5 and use them as traveling tanks during the week at work. For the price if I drop one I really don't care. Most of my builds are .5 ohms and the tank consistently produces great flavor and they are very easy to build. Personally I like the V1 head over the V2.

I get no leaks and only get a dry hit when I don't get the cotton brushing the deck, all user error.

For $26 - $30 it's one of the best values out there today. That being said I just picked up some Crowns and the rebuildable RBA head. They might just give the STM a run for their money.

Reactions: David Wolf

Scott_Vapes

Unresolved Status
Nov 9, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I'm using the Subtank Mini with the v1 RBA, and have zero leaking problems. I've had some occasional dry hitting, but found that occurs more when the tank gets loose on the battery. With the OCC coils, they were dry hitting and making burning smells after 2 days of use, which is what forced me to learn to make my own coils.

I started out vaping with a Nautilus Mini and a Nautilus, but now that I have the Subtank I find that it's hard to enjoy the Nautilus tanks.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I believe they are over rated. Not because of leaks, as mine has never leaked. Their are just lots of much better tanks that vape a whole lot better than the subtank. I think anyone of the Isub's are better. Pull out the cotton, dryburn, install new cotton and you are good for another two weeks. I suppose if you are a mouth to lung hitter the Kanger Subtank is the tank for you. CHEERS!

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
i'm thinking of getting the crown tank. i have the subtank mini, but couldn't go higher than 30w. may i asked how is it better than the crown?
What do you mean you couldn't go higher than 30 watts on it? Was it too harsh at higher wattages or tasted bad? Just curious is all

sent using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I'm using the Subtank Mini with the v1 RBA, and have zero leaking problems. I've had some occasional dry hitting, but found that occurs more when the tank gets loose on the battery. With the OCC coils, they were dry hitting and making burning smells after 2 days of use, which is what forced me to learn to make my own coils.

I started out vaping with a Nautilus Mini and a Nautilus, but now that I have the Subtank I find that it's hard to enjoy the Nautilus tanks.
With my thinner 70pg/30vg juice and tootle puffing style, I wish I had the v1 RBA instead of the V2 with the huge wick holes on the side.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread