ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
i'll start having dry hit above 30w. in fact, 25w is the max i would go. just that kanger itself don recommend u to go above 30w.

Ah, ok if you are using the 1.2 ohm OCC coil, those are 10-26 watts, the newer versions of the .5 ohm are 15-60w although I find it starts tasting bad to me over 45w. I am vaping some 80/20 juice through it now at 35w and loving it. I think the original versions of the .5 ohm were 15-30 watt.

Reactions: Mike Abrams

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Ah, ok if you are using the 1.2 ohm OCC coil, those are 10-26 watts, the newer versions of the .5 ohm are 15-60w although I find it starts tasting bad to me over 45w. I am vaping some 80/20 juice through it now at 35w and loving it. I think the original versions of the .5 ohm were 15-30 watt.
i'm using the RBA, 0.5ohm. i can't seem to go above 25w. the juice hole is too small.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
i'm using the RBA, 0.5ohm. i can't seem to go above 25w. the juice hole is too small.

The V2 RBA head that came with my SubTank Mini has decent sized juice holes in it. You can buy V2 versions of the RBA for the mini without getting a new tank. I believe the original SubTank ones would be the Subtank Plus RBA? I am not 100% sure on that as I only have the mini myself. Someone else who has the full size might know a little better about it, if that is what you have.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
The V2 RBA head that came with my SubTank Mini has decent sized juice holes in it. You can buy V2 versions of the RBA for the mini without getting a new tank. I believe the original SubTank ones would be the Subtank Plus RBA? I am not 100% sure on that as I only have the mini myself. Someone else who has the full size might know a little better about it, if that is what you have.
i dunno mine is v2 or v1, but it looks like this:
View attachment 505024

i'm using a bellus n billow v2 on my ipv3 li now, while vaping the subox mini only with 50/50 juice.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
This is the V1--no holes in the chimney and juice channels at the base of the deck.

subox_mini_3_9_11.jpg

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
oic. mine confirmed is v2 then. i just don understand how ppl can go up to 30-40w with normal kanthal coil, i've tried changing my wicking style but it doesn't help.

Can't help you... I vape my Subtank mini V2 at 10-12 watts with a 1.6Ω coil. :lol:

Have you watched any YouTube videos about building ST coils and wicking? Pbusardo has a good one. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Yeah I will let people that can build much better than me on it help, I have really not done any building myself.
All of my liquid is higher VG - 80/20 and 65/35 have been no problem on a 0.5 ohm OCC coil though. I run the 80/20 around 30-35 watts, the 65/35 I have run up to 45 watts with no issues. When I have some free time, I will attempt to build on my Subtank Mini RBA and see how badly I do :unsure:

Last edited:

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
I've had my Subtank for exactly a year now and yes there's the very occasional leak usually attributed to rapid altitude changes combined with 50/50 juice.

However just recently I ran out of my original OCC coils (vertical) and had to buy the new horizontal coils. I vape the same juice rotation from the same vape shop, 1 120ml bottle of salted caramel then a 120ml of heavenly custard. Been vaping these two juices since before purchasing the Subtank. On the original horizontal coils I usually got 3 weeks to a month out of a coil. Now with these new vertical coils I can't get a week before the air channel through the center completely plugs up.

Reactions: Katya

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
The subtank is a good overall tank. It just doesn't compare in flavor to my KFL+v2. I would get with the times and try a Kayfun v4, but I don't feel like dealing with a million pieces. I rebuild my coil every other day.

I have a v1 Subtank kit, and I got my friend a v2 as a gift.

I think the v2 is better overall. The v2 base has smaller holes on the AFC for a tighter draw. I found the 1 hole, 2 hole, completely open options on the v1 to be too much.

The RBA deck on the v2 is better because the juice holes are bigger, but having that extra screw to remove and put back on is a pain. I'm shocked I haven't lost the screw yet, and they don't give you any extras.

The subtank also burns through juice as it produces bigger clouds of vapor. Vaping my usual 12mg gives me a headache, and I have to go down to 6mg to use it.

Premium e-liquid brands must hate this subohm vaping, because people can't afford $1 per ml anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread