• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

subtank problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun Andaakabaa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2014
Little Red Dot
The possibilities of the 'spit back' occurs when you have too much of Airflow going through your coil which aren't heating up quick enough to produce the 'vapor'. Next, Could be the wick that is too thin or are over saturated.

Try tightening up the AFC or higher up your watts/voltage. Hope that will solve your issue.

On the side note, Subtank's are known to have spit back every now and then so is not just yours.

VapeMOsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
City in the midst of Giants
yah, but must make a trip in..anyway i made a order for lemo 2 already.. hope it serves me better than subtank

Something I found online (hope no academic punishments for not having a citation):

"Here is some simple science that some already touched upon but didn't address directly. Popping and spitting is caused by your coil(s) being drowned. The vapor pressure is pushing out of the liquid and taking some of the hot liquid with it. Ever fry bacon? The steam quickly pops from under the grease taking some of it with it. Same thing is happening in your build. To simply help prevent this, don't drown your coil(s) by making your wick more efficient.
I'll assume you are going to use cotton for wicking. With cotton, less is more. The biggest mistake people make is cramming a big ... wad of cotton in their builds. Cotton is good at holding liquid, wicking it, not so much. To find the saturation point of your cotton is easy. Don't put the tails of your wick under your coils. Vape as normal. When you get a dry hit, take a look at your wick. Do you see the whitish part near your coil and the rest is soaking wet? That is the excess cotton, the place where your liquid goes to die, never to be vaped. Snip that excess cotton just past the dry area. Now your wick is efficient. just make sure there is enough wick to touch your deck so it acts like a mop.
The other cause of liquid in your draw is called "juice creep". As many have mentioned, using a big bore drip tip helps considerably. The reason why is that as your vapor condenses in the drip tip air channel, it condenses on the sides. Surface tension will keep a drop in the channel and your draw it up when applying negative pressure (inhale). A wide drip tip doesn't allow the drop to touch all the sides, which allows it to remain in the air channel. With a larger diameter air channel, the condensation just drips back down. Drip tips air channel is restricted by the drip tip connector. The drip tips that are larger after the connector allow that condensation to flow back down like a funnel instead of up like a straw."

Btw with the Lemo 2, I haven't gotten any spit backs. Sub tank (huge one) - yes, mini not so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ladiekali

VapeMOsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
City in the midst of Giants
Yesterday I did a strip down on the whole tank. Rebuilt the RBA and think I've got the right amout of cotton. Seem like the spit back is not as much as the last time. In fact I finish up a tank and only twice I've felt juice into my mouth. Hope it stays that way from now.

Some of the other pals on your tank are doing a double sleeper coil and the swear by it not having any spit backs or dry hits. Just a messenger but it might work.

6f41722caa5bca71fbddb1ce3831d2c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread