Subtank RBA builds? show em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
In that case, on my sub tank mini I am running a 1.2 ohm Clapton coil, that really puts out both vapor and flavor... It's an advanced build, but proof positive that higher ohm builds on that tank can put out like you want...
4fb59f01ff9943017dc8626dd6943d1f.jpg

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ah, sub tank plus I AM familiar with.... Didn't catch the acronym :p
No biggie, thanks for your help by the way. So, what is this business about Clapton coils? What does it do? How do you build it? Am I jumping the gun? Should I stick to finding the right single coil for me first? Or is this not too advanced?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
It's a difficult build the first few times, not recommended for beginners, the frustration curve would be too high :p
But if you are daring and handy, its an amazing build. It's a smaller gauge wrapped around a straight piece of larger gauge. For the sub tanks 32 gauge around 28 gauge works great.
For you to start, I would suggest a simple macro coil using 26 gauge... Something like 6 wraps on a 3mm ID (larger id's will wick a bit better). The trickiest part on the will be the wicking.... We have learned that the less is more theory doesn't work well on the sub tank. Pack the coil fairly tight, then thin out the tails a bit.

As far as the Clapton, there are some good tutorial videos on YouTube, just search Clapton coil

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Also, do you know what kind of effect a drip tip with airflow control would have? Would it reduce the flavor, or just cool the Vape down?
I haven't used one so I don't know their effect on flavor, but they will cool down the vape... But you might not need that if going higher ohm

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Ok, so I had a brain fart last night. I didn't realize my Sigelei maxed out at 7.5v, so instead of actually vaping a subtank at 90w, I'm vaping at 67w. Still impressive for a subtank
What you got in there to vape it at 67watts? I haven't touched my subtank in months. I felt like even vaping at 30 watts the airflow is too restricted for me to enjoy it now that I'm used to rdas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread