Subtank RBA builds? show em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jreese37

Aug 17, 2015
My most recent build, and best to date. Maybe a neck and neck with a 26g parallel horizontal build. But this one was MUCH easier :pervy:

26g twisted chimney build. 5 wraps reading at .5 ohms wicked with a long strand of KGD wrapped around the coil. No dry hits/ no gurgling/ no flooding/ no spitting. IF it is wicked right. First wick was hot and flooded like crazy:evil:. Wraps were done on a 3mm Stanley tweaking screwdriver. That same screwdriver also drops right down into the air hole on my v1 rba so it made it super easy to center.

Well, what are you waiting for? Go wrap one!!!:vapor:

Also, I have a new style rba coming from China and I can not wait to try it.

Does anyone have any input on the new Vs the old?

Nuggit

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2014
Third rock from the sun
I did a 24g micro at .3 fired on the xbox mini, had to crank down to 12w!
Hot vape, lasted about 2 hrs, I ditched it. I'm sticking to .4-.6. Twisted 28g, claptons mostly. I twisted 2 strands of 32 and claptoned it with 34. I'm gonna try it as soon as I change coils.
I have been rebuilding 24g 5 wrap at 3.5mm dia verts at .6 & 26w in the stock heads for every day use.
Great airflow, flavor, & clouds. Lovin it!

Reactions: rossoman

Clifton

Aug 2, 2015
ive already posted this pics elsewhere but finally found this thread. 28g dual coil 5 wraps 2.5mm 0.4ohm. i absolutely love it

image.jpg
image (1).jpg

Ubervillin

Aug 30, 2015
Unregulated custom mod .15 ohm dual vetical 24AWG, 2mm ID, original cotton that came with the tank lol.
<----cheap as hell
Will post pics when I re-wick. not totally satisfied yet need to take a few priming hits b4 the flavor is right b4 a session but still very nice flavor, cloud and a nicotine buzz on 6mg Cotton Candy. Haven't had a nicotine buzz since my first analog, it's nice but maybe i should dial back to 3mg for this build if i keep it.

OhioJeeper

Oct 19, 2015
Nickel build on the Mini, I am really liking this build deck.

I've had my subtank mini for a while now and just bought a X Cube II w/TC. I built a 26g 5 wrap nickel coil and for some reason, my mod freaks out. I've tried the build 3 times now and it seemed to do the same thing all 3 times, it gets hot really fast, I mean lip blistering hot if you draw without thinking. Any idea what could be going on?

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
just found this thread...
i've been using my stm deck for about 2 weeks now. i know i'll never go back to occ coils after the flavor and vape i get with this rta. so far i've wound 4 coils using .4 mm ti wire. 5, 6, 7 and 8 wraps at about 3.15 mm id. i like the 7 wraps best so far but i haven't tried the 8 wrap coil yet. my mod is a koopor mini and it seems to work well in tc mode for ti. i see plenty of ideas here and will be trying some of them out.

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
i seem to have problems with airflow. how high do y'all position your coils? i've been positioning my 3 mm coils about half way over the posts, that is the bottom of my coil is about 1.5 mm above the air hole. seems i could raise it a bit and not short on the top cap. so many variables....

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread