Subtank with RDA build reading fine on all except one mod: thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Wasn't sure if I should put this in tanks or RTAs so sorry if it needs moving!

I rebuilt my Subtank RBA a little higher than normal because my boyfriend is here and doesn't want to subohm all the time. It's right at 1.5 ohms with 28g (8 wraps on 2.4mm).

It's doing fine on my Provari and works well on my iStick 30W. It also fires on an eGo batt and fires on my Reo (with an extension, just to check). For whatever reason, it refuses to register on my Smok M80.

Every other tank or atomizer I could find are reading and firing on the Smok; nothing else seems to be having any problem whatsoever. 1.5 ohms is well within the resistance range for the M80, and the center pin looks fine (and is spring loaded, at that).

Anyone have any ideas why this would not be reading on one mod, considering nothing seems to be obviously wrong with either the mod or the coil?

Thanks in advance!

TLDR: I have a build in my Subtank that won't read on one mod, yet it works fine on every other device I have and every other tank or atomizer I have works fine on the mod that won't read the Subtank build.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Might be that the Smok 510 spring is too weak/set too low to make a proper connection on the subtank. I had that problem with one of my mods. I'm using subtank minis, and the 510 pin in the base is floating - if the mod's 510 connector doesn't push hard enough the rba base won't connect to the 510 pin of the base. The full size subtank has a springloaded 510 pin I believe, which can cause even more problems.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread