Status
Not open for further replies.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Here are a couple horrible photos of a build I just finished; 1.7Ω dual chimney V-coil:

madozodi-albums-metallic-bronze-provari-picture296199-image.jpg

madozodi-albums-metallic-bronze-provari-picture296198-image.jpg

The coils are in series.

Last edited:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
just wanted to post a small update on my adventures with cotton wicks..

after testing 4 different brands, I was getting the same nasty yet distinct taste. I tried at least 15 different attempts/builds. all of the tested brands are listed as bleached with hydrogen peroxide.

I was about to give up on cotton, after reading many reports of people getting clear tasting wicks regardless of boiling.

then I tried boiling the Swisspers cotton balls...aaaand...success! nasty taste = gone!

tried 2 different builds so far, the vertical coil from Bapgood's post that Bimini suggested was tested first. I love the taste and how it performs. but having it touching the deck makes the tank heat up really really fast. otherwise I liked it.

just finished a simple mini... 5/64 drill bit, 12 wraps, 1.8 ohms.. little higher than I had planned.. I want to try to add a longer wick, and to also cover the sides of the coils on my next attempt, but this is how it looks atm:

FD0vihnl.png

uBwZA7nl.png

getting a little bit of flooding and not the greatest performance but flavor is amazing.

:vapor:

Nice build on the coil and wick:thumbs:

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
Yeah, you know, my tip works fine for filling too... it just sometimes sticks in and when I try to remove the bottle, the metal blunt needle gets stuck. No biggie, but I would like something a bit easier to remove.

Let me know how the bottles work out. If you give em a thumbs up I will snag a few. Thx!

They finally arrived after some extended vacations at the local customs. Not much to say about a few plastic bottles, but here goes..

As I mentioned, I have zero issues with the metal tip that was included in my kit(full sized russian), it works great.
Although mine is the opposite of what Chief describes. It's a loose fit. I would guess ~1mm to spare.
It's pretty much impossible to get my metal tip stuck in the fill port.
Could be a variation of the blunt needle or the fill port itself on the kayfun.

The new plastic tips are a much tighter fit. Still, a really good fit. I would go as far as calling it a perfect match.
It seals the fill port completely, with very little effort. Comes off pretty easy too.
I don't own an original kayfun to see if the fill ports are the same size and I'm not sure if the plastic tips will fit on every clone or in the kayfun itself. YMMV!

I tested them on a couple different sized bottles:
Highbrow's 30ml plastic bottles - Screw-on metal tip works. Plastic tip is too small.
Halo's 7ml sample bottles - Both metal and plastic tips worked perfectly.

Inner diameter seems to be very similar. Outer diameter, plastic tip is about 1mm thicker.

Haven't tested them for very long, but for whatever it's worth, I do give them a thumbs up. :thumbs:

probably a few too many pics:

9xEzy44.png

SOZNrAi.jpg

wp1LEuZ.jpg

YXwDvYo.jpg

9QSQFd2.jpg

lxfVXUt.jpg

OLUVazA.jpg

yIfpFCW.jpg

8s7uEEv.jpg

GBnT9RK.jpg

0rKxI8Y.jpg