Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One thing that I see a lot here on the ECF, that is somewhat Disquitting, is a mindset that using e-liquids are somehow without Any risk. Perhaps it is because Analogs have well Documented Health Risks and e-liquids currently Do Not.

But just because there is no Current, Long Term Health Risk associated with something Doesn’t mean that there is No Risk in using a product.

The choice of Sweeteners should Definitely be a Concern. But why is So Much focus place on Only One component of e-liquids?

I don’t Read much about the Concerns of Colorants in e-Liquids? And I Read a Lot that the Food Flavorings used to make Flavored e-Liquids is “Safe” because they have been around for a Long Time.

But the Simple Fact is that Colorants and Food Flavorings were Never Engineered to be Vaporized and then Habitually Inhaled. So why is there Little Concern about these Chemical Compounds like there is about Sweeteners?

For me, I look at using Flavored, Sweetened and even perhaps Artificially Colored e-Liquids as Risk Reduction over the Use of Analogs. Not Risk Free, Risk Reduction.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
oh wow. i had no idea. i don't generally have a problem with sucralose, but i do with aspartame. still though, i'm not sure i want it in my lungs.

Please Do Not ever Ask me what I think About Aspartame.

Of all the Chemical Abominations that have been made Solely with the Intent of Raping Profits from the Ill Informed Masses, with Complete Disregard to Glaring Scientific Evidence of Serious Known Health Risks, and then Sanctioned by the Paid Off FDA, Aspartame has to be the Clear Cut Winner.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Why not? If you do not have any kind of allergy or problems w/it, then by all means, you should avape it. Anyone else too.

I was just bringing this up for people tryiing to track down allergies/sensitiviites. Everyone always thinks VG or PG, but this
art. sweetner could also be causing a problem.

Which is what else would be necessary IF you suspected a sensitivity to it.

That was also the purpose of my post. It wasn't "sucralose is bad" it was more like 'sucralose COULD be bad for SOME people."

Thanks for these posts....I have some allergies/sensitives and until now was not considering which sweetners the ejuices contain! Thought it was issues with PG or others

someone3x7

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Spanaway, WA
One thing that I see a lot here on the ECF, that is somewhat Disquitting, is a mindset that using e-Liquids are somehow without Any risk. Perhaps it is because Analogs have well Documented Health Risks and e-Liquids currently Do Not.

But just because there is no Current, Long Term Health Risk associated with something Doesn’t mean that there is No Risk in using a product.

The choice of Sweeteners should Definitely be a Concern. But why is So Much focus place on Only One component of e-Liquids?

I don’t Read much about the Concerns of Colorants in e-Liquids? And I Read a Lot that the Food Flavorings used to make Flavored e-Liquids is “Safe” because they have been around for a Long Time.

But the Simple Fact is that Colorants and Food Flavorings were Never Engineered to be Vaporized and then Habitually Inhaled. So why is there Little Concern about these Chemical Compounds like there is about Sweeteners?

For me, I look at using Flavored, Sweetened and even perhaps Artificially Colored e-Liquids as Risk Reduction over the Use of Analogs. Not Risk Free, Risk Reduction.

I was a little drunk when I started http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/324775-greetings-toxicology.html, but, there is some good info and debate there as well about other ingredients. This isn't the only focus. Sweeteners have too much stigma surrounding them to be lumped in with the rest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread