Sudden Adverse Effects After 2 Years of Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinLF17

Jul 13, 2017
So, about 10 days ago I developed a cavalcade of adverse effects from vaping literally overnight. I'm not sure if vaping is a direct cause or could be triggering symptoms of something else, but I was just curious if anyone has had any similar experiences. This is a long post but I feel like the erratic nature of how it all played out makes it especially strange.

It started off with a tightness in my throat, and progressed, and then a heaviness in my chest started to emerge. Eventually I developed chest pains, dizziness, fever-ish feelings, and burning sensations around my neck and collar bone. I wound up in the hospital, because I had a family member have a massive heart attack a couple years ago at the age of 24 (I'm currently 20), and the doctors said it was hereditary and I could have the same gene. I wanted to be safe, and luckily, everything checked out okay.

Afterwards, I experimented with all kinds of flavors, nicotine strengths, PG/VG ratios, and I thought I had my answer when I purchased "Night" by Daily Dose, a max VG, cinnamon flavored juice. All my symptoms disappeared. Assuming it was the PG, after that bottle I got "Jungle Fever" by Ruthless, a 90% VG, tropical fruit flavored juice. I was fine for a few hours, but eventually all my symptoms came back. So I ordered some DIY juice supplies.

My supplies came in, and I was fine for 2 or 3 days. I thought I had solved my problem. But, of course, it all came back, but worse than ever. I would have all the aforementioned symptoms, but with the addition of extreme restless leg sensations, shooting pains all over my body, muscle spasms all over my body, tinnitus, and I was sleeping like I've never slept before. Of course, I stopped vaping, and stupidly enough, I went back to smoking. The adverse effects have been slowly subsiding.

Does anyone have any idea what I was experiencing? I wanted to blame nicotine for just giving me severe anxiety, but I'm perfectly fine on cigarettes, so I don't think that's the case. In case it's important to know, I'm using a Fuchai 213 with a DotMod Petri Subohm tank. All juices I vaped were 3mg of nicotine, for my entire 2 year vaping experience. I DO have anxiety, but nicotine always calmed me down--it did with vaping, and it continues to do with cigarettes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not like smoking.

• Agree
Reactions: Hesham911

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    It started off with a tightness in my throat, and progressed, and then a heaviness in my chest started to emerge. Eventually I developed chest pains, dizziness, fever-ish feelings, and burning sensations around my neck and collar bone. I wound up in the hospital
    What did the hospital say?

JustinLF17

Jul 13, 2017
    I'm Not a Doctor. And I think you should See One.

But one question since you Mentioned that you have DIY Supplies. Did you try using Unflavored at 3mg/ml before you stopped Vaping?

I did try that, and there was no luck. So then I thought it was VG. I tried mixing together a higher PG juice to see if it affected me any less, and it still triggered all the symptoms.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I did try that, and there was no luck. So then I thought it was VG. I tried mixing together a higher PG juice to see if it affected me any less, and it still triggered all the symptoms.

Well that's Not Good then.

Because I would Hate to ever tell someone to Not Vape knowing that they Will go back or Have gone back to Smoking. But the Problems you listed are Not Normal in any way. And Frankly, I can't remember hearing someone having since a Severe Reaction as you have described.

And I have been a Member here a Long Time.

Maybe it would be Best if you Steered Clear of e-Cigarettes all together?

Last edited:

JustinLF17

Jul 13, 2017
    Well that's Not Good then.

Because I would Hate to ever tell someone to Not Vape knowing that they Will go back or Have gone back to Smoking. But the Problems you listed are Not Normal in any way. And Frankly, I can't remember hearing someone having since a Severe Reaction as you have described.

And I have been a Member here a Long Time.

Maybe it would be Best if you Steered Clear of e-Cigarettes all together?

That's the exact advice I didn't want to hear, but was also expecting. What a shame. I truly appreciate your feedback. I suppose the last thing I can do is go to a doctor, and see if it's just something in the juice triggering some underlying issues that can be sorted out. If not, I guess I'm stuck smoking.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That's the exact advice I didn't want to hear, but was also expecting. What a shame. I truly appreciate your feedback. I suppose the last thing I can do is go to a doctor, and see if it's just something in the juice triggering some underlying issues that can be sorted out. If not, I guess I'm stuck smoking.

Trust Me. It was the Last Advise I would ever want to give a Smoker.

The Only other thing you could Try is to use 0mg Unflavored.

Reactions: puffon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread