Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
In regards to your heart attack, my primary care doc told me genetics has lots to do with it. He has seen patients in their 70's that smoke 1-2 packs daily and they have never suffered a heart attack! I guess we were on the bad side of the curve.

so far so good and yeah it's the same for alcohol. No one wakes up the next day and wishes they didn't miss out on a bottle of booze!

Yes, I have had docs tell me the same. Even cholesterol levels are mostly hereditary. Diet has very little to do with it.

johnson

Apr 20, 2015
N/A
That's an interesting study on the nicotine inhaled no wonder why i still feel a crave for nicotine. What nicotine level do you think i should be using? When i smoked regular cigs i smoked american spirit blue (turquoise) colored pack. The V2 throwaways are 1.8 mg and that level appears to be fine. I really like the flavor.

I was looking at trying this company sample pack

THE NOTEBOOK

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I changed my mind, I will say one thing... If you like the flavor of the V2, you're gonna be shocked with the incredible variety of flavors out there once you get your feet wet and step away from trying to simulate a cigarette.

That was a downfall I had for a while... Trying to find something that tasted like a cigarette... Eventually it all clicked and I remembered that cigarettes taste disgusting and my adventure has been much more enjoyable since then. Currently I am vaping a delicious Banana Flambé juice, seriously it's incredible. Also a big fan of Blueberry Muffin... Lots of just awesome pipe tobaccos that are naturally extracted juices with great flavor.

For now keep doing what you're doing, just keep in mind, vapor doesn't have to taste like cigarette smoke. In fact, you'll be hard pressed to find a juice that does taste like cigarette smoke. Heck, you can get juice that tastes like bacon if you want it... LoL

johnson

Apr 20, 2015
N/A

smkfree

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
oak lawn il
My favorite juice comes from Vape Wild. I have about 20 flavors I use all the time. What I like is they have a sample pack. You can order 6 flavors for $16.00 and see what you like. With each order they also send free samples of their choice.
For the cheapest juice around I order Hangsen Juices from Fasttech. It does take about 3-4 weeks to get here from China. For some reason I really like their Tabacco flavors.

johnson

Apr 20, 2015
N/A
I just hope this V2 pen works without issue but yeah being cig free was worth the exta cost of the throwaways. I have no doubt my sore throat and headaches are from nicotine withdrawal.

i really appreciate everyone's help here with advice and what not. I was so addicted to the act of smoking the patch wouldn't have worked for me. At least with the vaping you satisfy both urges and can bring yourself down gradually.

My favorite juice comes from Vape Wild. I have about 20 flavors I use all the time. What I like is they have a sample pack. You can order 6 flavors for $16.00 and see what you like. With each order they also send free samples of their choice.
For the cheapest juice around I order Hangsen Juices from Fasttech. It does take about 3-4 weeks to get here from China. For some reason I really like their Tabacco flavors.

what flavor do u like at vapewild?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Hello, Johnson and a belated welcome.

I had a heart attack almost 20 years ago. After the surgery to put in 3 stents, I mentioned to the doc that it was so easy I remembered falling asleep during the surgery. He let me know I didn't fall asleep, but went into cardiac arrest! That really changes one's outlook on life. As an interesting (I think so anyway) note, I asked him on a follow-up visit which was going to kill me first, smoking or extreme work pressure? His response was something like "your asking me to condone smoking". He also said he was trying to buy me 15 or so more years and that had I been into him for testing before the heart attack, they would have never seen any indication that there was anything wrong.

So I tried to quite smoking (many times with different methods) and follow all "the rules" to a t, but it was all too overwhelming. I did as many as I could handle while some, like having my morning regular coffee (3 cups max) became an acceptable risk for me. As for smoking, I continued smoking and my family and doc all pretty much accepted that I would never quit and suffer the consequences. He is very happy that I have quit the cigs with vaping, but did suggest I work at cutting down the nic level. My annual visit in a couple weeks will be more interesting and I am anxious to get his response to still vaping and cutting back to 6 nic.

Well, I passed that 15 year window a few years ago, still smoking away, and then found vaping. I started with 18 nic and stopped smoking day 3 and have never looked back. My simple advice? First, stop looking at the checkbook! Finding what works best for you right now is priority number one. Find the equipment that gives you "the feel" and experience you desire when vaping. Instead of buying two of something you want to try, get a couple setups with differences you are interested in trying. The one you like the least makes an OK backup until you are ready to move up. And don't be surprised if you start looking for something even better after a while.

Find yourself a good juice at a nic level that works for you. Then find another, or two, or three so you can change up as you like. Don't be too concerned with nic level or pg/vg ration until you have what you enjoy and keeps you off the cigs. Once you've found the equipment and juice that keeps you off the cigs, then start playing with the finer details. Start with getting off the cigs then progress to searching for that perfect vape as the cost permits.

That is just my 2 cents worth and hope there might be something of use to you in your endeavors. Good luck with your health and vaping experiences.

johnson

Apr 20, 2015
N/A
My V2 disposals 5 pack just showed up and they gave me an extra cig =that was cool. I will be using these when i'm out and about. My only issue with them is V2 really should have a recycling program. I have cut these ecigs open and the material is not eco friendly and needs to be recycled.

But yes i did sort of toss the checkbook out and the cost has been worth it. I have an appt with my cardiologist this week should be interesting see what he says about vaping.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
im done posting here for a while it seems like lots of over-moderation

i already served time in the military

thanks but no thanks

i appreciate all the help and advice from everyone besides the nazi mods

If I'm being honest, I'm not so sure the mods like it any more than we do. Look at it this way... We, as a community, often reference ECF as a united front of vapers who have banded together in the name of health and well being. Should the FDA or other State level government watchdogs feel the need to peek in at our forums and see a bunch of cussing and drug talk, it wouldn't bode too well for our community as a whole. It is in that spirit that we have agreed to follow the rules and why the mods have to enforce them. In the long run, it's about advocacy and looking out for the best interests of vapers around the world. We have to be the better people in this war...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zmajco

Apr 28, 2015
However am i lulling myself into a false sense of security? The good news I suppose is that i didn't need a stent during the angioplasty procedure!

I am currently using the V2 disposable product with 1.8% Nicotine which is another problem because it's expensive $9 at retail store! Has anyone else had heart issues such as mine? I also smoke '{Other Stuff}' and now I have resorted to eating the stuff instead of smoking. I'm thinking about buying a dual purpose vape pen from V2 so i can continue smoking {Other Stuff}.

Any thoughts, opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Hey man if you had heart attack you should stop smoking !!!

johnson

Apr 20, 2015
N/A
Hey man if you had heart attack you should stop smoking !!!

im not smoking im vaping and bringing my nicotine levels down in an effort to quit smoking. Thanks for being the 1000th person tell me stop smoking it's appreciated!

If I'm being honest, I'm not so sure the mods like it any more than we do. Look at it this way... We, as a community, often reference ECF as a united front of vapers who have banded together in the name of health and well being. Should the FDA or other State level government watchdogs feel the need to peek in at our forums and see a bunch of cussing and drug talk, it wouldn't bode too well for our community as a whole. It is in that spirit that we have agreed to follow the rules and why the mods have to enforce them. In the long run, it's about advocacy and looking out for the best interests of vapers around the world. We have to be the better people in this war...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only thing i did today was post a thread why people shouldn't buy V2 disposable vapes and it was immediately deleted. No one is talking about drugs but truth be told America is one bad actor when it comes to drugs especially when she controls the world {other stuff} trade and 1/2 the black budget is collected from illegal narcotic sales. This is all backed up by facts btw and not just something i'm tossing out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hiya Johnson.

Unfortunately, with a forum the size of this one, we have to keep things organized or it would be total chaos trying to find anything.

Also, as our registered suppliers help pay to keep this forum running, we have to have negative reviews in an area that they can either work out a resolution with you .... or not. But they do need to have a chance to address any concerns. With that said, the reason the Negative Reviews is in that section of the forum, the Registered Suppliers are NOT allowed to post outside of certain areas.

This keeps the forum from becoming an advertising forum. This is a protection the we have in place for our members.

Yeah, it does seem that we Moderators seem to be all over your case, but truly we are not trying to be. Crap happens and we are just doing what we signed on to do, which is to keep the forum up to a standard that cannot be picked apart by the very people we are fighting to keep vaping a viable alternative to smoking.

We DO know that the people and organizations that look for any thing, to use against vaping, read this forum. We have found quotes used on this site in different places.

So please, do not take things personally. Just learn from these instances and keep posting.
I sincerely do want to see how you progress, health wise and just your general journey in this new area of vaping.

Thanks for reading, if you should choose to read, this Long and Rambling post of mine :oops:

Reactions: Dave2603

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I'm really sorry about your heart, that is very scary and I am glad you are ok! Its good you are vaping it will give your body a break from those cigs. I went through horrible withdrawal. may the vape be with you!
Me too! I'm still going through it. I've had 6 cigs since March 19th and none in over a week, maybe longer. Wow. I have terrible cravings lately and a ton of withdrawal symptoms. I hope it let's up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread