Suggest a replacement for an itaste vtr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone through 2 Itaste VTRs, broke one and one's semi broken, I really love the form factor especially the recessed tank but having broke the battery door on one and having another that has always had issues with some tanks (I have a couple kanger aerotanks that work fine in other APVs that won't fire in this VTR) and in general has never worked 100% so I was hoping for some suggestions for a replacement APV. Taking flattop 18650s is a must I really don't want to replace all my batteries right now, and I'd strongly prefer a similar form factor (box mod, recessed tank)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
What's your budget?

Since you have some Aerotanks, you will want a mod that can step down. As you shop around, look for that feature (called "buck") or look at the voltage specs. Can it ouput less than 4v? If yes, add it to your list of mods that will work for you.

Off the top of my head, these will:

SX Mini ($199)
Istick 30W ($32) or istick 50W ($50)

I'm not sure on any others as I haven't used clearos for awhile. The MVP 20W probably does, and the 3.0 version may as well.

What's your budget?

I'd prefer to be in the $100-150 range, but for the right device I wouldn't mind going higher. Other than the QC issues/issues with me breaking them the vtr is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for I'm just hesitant to buy another one and have it not work right out of the box like my chrome one, or break it with in 4 months like my green one for something that's basically a better VTR I could see going to around $250.

I'm pretty much 100% aerotank v1/v2 at the moment because of the diameter limitation on the VTR, I was thinking potentially trying a DNA 30 type box mod and a RBA but I'm lazy and not sure the rebuildable thing is for me

Last edited:

armadillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Honolulu
If you like the VTR form factor and are willing to make some trade-offs (but a few trade-ups as well), then you might want to consider the eGrip:

100-original-joyetech-egrip-kit-1500mah-variable.jpg

Picked up a Sigelei Mini 30W, and since that came in way under what I'd budgeted may pick something else to try too...

Yea I know I budgeted WAY more than the cost of a VTR, and I could go down the "buy a hand full to ensure I get a couple that work 100% and have a spare" route, but I know the fiancee for some reason would get more ...... off about me picking up 4 VTRs than spending $250 on a single device.

That egrip looks really cool other than the built in tank which is a big turn-off for me as I like to switch flavors through out the day.

Those Tritons look very interesting, but apparently like only 20 exist :/

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
That is the trouble with the VTR. There is really nothing else like it. I hope that they put out an updated version with a bit more oomph. 15watts works for me but I keep it maxed out all the time. Would prefer not to do that. I cut the ring off mine so that I can use RBAs on it. I have had it for 16 months now and it still works as well as the day that I bought it. Be careful with the Sig Mini. I have one as well and it is a great device except for the 510 threading. I had troubles getting RBAs to thread. It was very tight. Not sure that it will hold up over time. A lot of people seem to have issues with the 510. Seems to be too soft. If they would fix that, they would have a real winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread